It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf of Mexico oil slick: Sarah Palin fuels anti-British sentiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Gulf of Mexico oil slick: Sarah Palin fuels anti-British sentiment

www.tel egraph.co.uk

Sarah Palin has fuelled growing anti-British sentiment over the Gulf of Mexico oil rig disaster by saying "foreign" oil companies like BP were not be trusted.

The former Alaska governor and potential 2012 presidential candidate attacked the British oil giant over the recent Deepwater Horizon spill and a previous one in her state in 2006.

Her comments came despite the fact her husband Todd Palin worked for BP for 18 years, as a production supervisor.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Sarah Palin....say no more! If this woman had brains she would be dangerous. The thought of her ever running for president scares the utter crap out of me, even though i'm on the other side of the planet from the USA.

Does she not even remember her husband worked for BP? Does she think the British just arrived off the US coast and started drilling without permission from her own government?

Has she even looked back in history at the huge list of notable oil spills off the US coast? If she did, then there would be few countries left that she would actually respect.

Sarah, get out of politics and stay in entertainment!!

www.tel egraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Sarah who?

Oh that mad American bint.

Why should us British even give one tiny grain of consideration for that lunatic?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Anti British sentiment? How disrespectful. The United Kingdom has, despite our bloody breakaway from them in 1776, been one of our closest allies and friends. Mrs. Palin should show some respect.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This is on the same scale as Joe Biden. You just have to ignore them because their mouths just open for no reason.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

You're correct. How the heck did these people get where they are today?

Maybe sarah should think for a second about the help UK forces are giving the US in Afghanistan and Iraq and how much lives we have lost.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Well there we go, see we need the Militia movement, to stop the "Queen of England" comming back behind a smoke screen and kicking out buts.

(please note I am a kiwi living in the USA and taking the piss)

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed

Does she not even remember her husband worked for BP? Does she think the British just arrived off the US coast and started drilling without permission from her own government?

Oh, good Lord!

Right there is enough for me........erm, was her husband fired? That would explain a lot!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Maybe she should do some research and realize that the rig was operated and owned by Transocean and only rented by BP, and that Transocean is a company based out of Switzerland.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
So how did Palin get where she is?

punditkitchen.com... tures-john-mccain-sarah-palin-dirty-librarian/

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Noinden]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Originally posted by grantbeed

Oh, good Lord!

Right there is enough for me........erm, was her husband fired? That would explain a lot!

Resigned to spend more time with family (en.wikipedia.org...).... translation stop kids getting knocked up.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Once again Palin shows how uneducated she is. And an embarrassment to boot. Not only is she SHAMELESSLY using a catastrophe as a platform, to link BP (despite the name) to the country shows ignorance. BP is about as British as a bank, or Kraft foods. Oil Companies are beholden to no one, unless your a little guy in Texas. They are large,international companies that have their finders in everything.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

spot on.

She thinks huge BP are run by old British toffs who spend their sunday afternoons out on the croquet lawn, whilst complaining about the weather.

my god she is a tube....

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Sarah who?

Why should us British even give one tiny grain of consideration for that lunatic?

the gear that failed as i recall was from an american company and not that of BP in the first place, and this Nut case has the nerve to say anything when she was shouting DRILL BABY DRILLLLLLL for more off shore?

woman needs her head checked out.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Major players in BP -

Byron E. Grote - CFE

Carl-Henric Svanberg - chairman of the board

The list goes on here. Not altogether 100% British at all.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Tell the daft berk that its a Private company.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Sarah who?

the gear that failed as i recall was from an american company and not that of BP in the first place, and this Nut case has the nerve to say anything when she was shouting DRILL BABY DRILLLLLLL for more off shore?

woman needs her head checked out.

Perhaps she wants it "Nukleared" shut

The Oil industry screws up all the time. BP in Texas is always under investigation for OSHA violations, and EPA violations. They don't care. It's why I will never work in the petrochemical industry, I'd probably be dead.

top topics

join