It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help for a friend (sweaty extremitites)

page: 1

join
share:
ELY

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Ever since i've known this friend of mine she has had a problem with sweaty palms and feet from being nervous or a little shy. But i recently found out it's more than just that. Every time she feels a certain materials like silk or the top of my mousepad there's more but you get my point, from the feel of these materials her palms get sweaty or sometimes she justs imagines the feel of the material in her hand and she gets sweaty. This is the first time i've ever seen this. Anyone has info on this

EDIT: Added title clarification to help people find topic.

[edit on 13-6-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I know that my sister uses this DR Scholls foot powder stuff on her feet and in her shoes and that really works well for her, but I'm not sure about the sweaty hands

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I don't know why you chose to post this in the Collaborative Fiction section, but i guess it will stay here until John Bull 1 finds a better spot for it.

Has she seen a doctor? i know a little boy that had that problem (idk about the fabrics, more just in general) and his mom got him some powders and such from the doctor which seemed to help.

Good luck with your friend!

-pineapple

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Hyperhydrosis...

Not trying to make a "one-liner" out of it, but really that's the answer.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Your friend can use antiperspirant on the palms of the hands and feet,
a clear roll on would be less noticeable.
Also there is a surgery for extreme cases,
where they cut some nerves to stop the excessive flow.

In my opnion it is not the answer, as the sweat will be rerouted so speak and may make another body part excessively sweaty. As for the fabrics that trigger it, perhaps it is just more noticeable on silk because it is wildly absorbant.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I started sweating uncontrollably when I was about seven from my hands and my feet. It is always an embarrassment to shake somebody's hands lol, that's for sure. It's literally like water pouring from them sometimes... my teachers always got mad because most of my papers I turned in would have smudged ink/illegible words thanks to my sweaty hands.

Tomorrow is correct - antiperspirant works, but not fully. I was told by a doctor that surgery would probably be the best solution for me, but I refused it and stick to antiperspirant on the palms. As for the feet, eh, I just let them sweat and stink up my socks and shoes ^_^

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Final_Wave
I started sweating uncontrollably when I was about seven from my hands and my feet. It is always an embarrassment to shake somebody's hands lol, that's for sure. It's literally like water pouring from them sometimes... my teachers always got mad because most of my papers I turned in would have smudged ink/illegible words thanks to my sweaty hands.

Tomorrow is correct - antiperspirant works, but not fully. I was told by a doctor that surgery would probably be the best solution for me, but I refused it and stick to antiperspirant on the palms. As for the feet, eh, I just let them sweat and stink up my socks and shoes ^_^

same with me, but just my hands owell its funny when your friends use the mouse after i do "YICK" lol

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
lol dmsoldier, same thing happens with the mouse to me. What's even worse is when you have a couple of comrades over and your playing some console gaming then have to hand them your sweat-drenched controller.
I bought one of those PS2 controllers with the built-in fan to help on sweaty palms and it didn't help at all. I remember before when NES/SNES was in, I got pretty good and rarely lost... that way I wouldn't have to give up the sweaty controller to anyone

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
lol, and shacking people hands can be funny/inbarising

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
haha this happens to me. iv always tried to get out of shaking hands and stuff like that. its very embarasing. i guess its from being shy ( i barely even post here although i have lots to say). but same thing happens to me with certain materials and everything. i dont htink theres much that can be done about it. although i wouldnt know.

new topics

top topics

join