It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA admit to detect and to examine UFOs in Earth orbit whit a Space Surveillance Telescope!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
or...objects that another government..i.e. like Russia or China would have technology wise that would rival our own black projects in a sense.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antor
reply to post by Marrr

No satellite, nor ICBM missile, nor carrier.

Every single device launched from the ground can be tracked.

Some space radar/telescope can track space debris in orbit of 1 cm diameter.

In the document, DARPA speak of FAINT, UNKNOWN (of course FLYNG) OBJECTs whit UNKNOWN PURPOSE that SUDDENLY APPEAR in GEOSINCHRONOUS ORBIT. The highest orbit.

That means that one second before that objet was't been detected in Earth atmosphere or orbit.
UFOs.

personally, i think the quote above expresses the sincere desire of the OP to believe that this has something to do with extraterrestrial objects. and perhaps the OP's contention might be correct, but it might do some good to consider Occam's Razor:

"The simplest answer is usually the correct answer."

if indeed we are capable of detecting any and all earth-launched device, then please somebody tell me where the X-37B is. maybe we do have the capability to detect and track objects launched from the ground but how are we supposed to track air-launched satellites/spaceplanes/etc? while we can anticipate where a given object might be based on its speed, trajectory and direction of travel, does this even apply to maneuverable craft like the X-37B and its follow-ons? what about all those inactive satellites floating out there just waiting for the signal to wake them up, do we even know where they are?

i think the justification for this SST is to enable the US to have a first-look capability at anything suspicious that comes over the horizon, in geosynchronous orbit or elsewhere in the field of view of the telescope. that way they wouldn't be caught with their pants down if ever the SHTF, and for that i applaud this project.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Archirvion

You attack me personally because I don't know everything like you do? I'm sorry my Bachelor degree is in medicine, not rocket science. I come here to learn, that's why I ask questions. Your reply was off topic and rude. Perhaps you should keep those type of "stupid comments" to yourself.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Antor

interesting find Antor , thanks for sharing this info

in my opinion this technology is going to be used to spot terrestrial and non terrestrial objects and anyone like myself that has seen a real UFO will most likely agree with me that it's a multi purpose detection system.

The Space Surveillance Telescope (SST) program will develop and demonstrate an advanced groundbased optical system to enable detection and tracking of faint objects in space, while providing rapid, wide-area search capability. A major goal of the SST program is to develop the technology for large curved focal surface array sensors to enable an innovative telescope design that combines high detection sensitivity, short focal length, wide field of view, and rapid step-and-settle to provide orders of magnitude improvements in space surveillance. This capability will enable ground-based detection of un-cued objects in deep space for purposes such as asteroid detection and space defense missions.
www.darpa.mil...

Advanced Electro Optical System (AEOS)
Mount Haleakala, Maui, Hawaii
www.thelivingmoon.com...

A recent U.S. military policy decision now explicitly states that observations by hush-hush government spacecraft of incoming bolides and fireballs are classified secret and are not to be released
www.space.com...

Top Secret Spy Satellites Spot UFO's

Despite the fact that it appears NORAD was well aware that something strange was going on in the air-space above Phoenix, Arizona in March 1997, skeptics of the extraterrestrial hypothesis of UFOs have pointed out that space craft coming to Earth from outer space would have been spotted by the dozens of military satellites, radar installations, and ground based optical telescopes that constantly check the skies for enemy missile attacks. Debunker's claim that since nothing along these lines has ever been reported, then it is obvious that UFOs are simply figments of the imagination.

The truth, however, is quite different. Some researchers have uncovered evidence that Department of Defense spy satellites, like the Defense Support Program (DSP) satellites, have detected unknown, intelligently controlled objects flying in from deep space.
www.ufodigest.com...

It will enable us to identify and assess unidentified objects that suddenly appear in orbit with unknown purpose.

nope there are no objects suddenly appearing in orbit ....none

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Thanks for your comment and your input.

Your words are a point of honor for me coming from an skilled researcher like you.
I respect and appreciate your researches and you analisys.

Thanks again.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Antor

no problem bro , glad to help in any way i can

editing what i said before into a shorter version...

you should expect to get all kinds of replies from every spectrum to your Op because you touched upon a subject that is about secret black projects and covert DoD technology and the rabbit hole there is deep so don't be surprised by anything is my advice

as Jeff Challender say's...

To be “forewarned is to be forearmed”

video of some object captured by a U.S. Air Force Telescope

[edit on 7-5-2010 by easynow]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antor
reply to post by Marrr

Every single device launched from the ground can be tracked.

Can is not is. I can see a needle with my naked eye, but to find a needle in a hay stack is a different story.

I think this proves exactly the opposite of what I quoted.You can put things in space without it being detected.

Every time there is talk of a secret space program the number one debunk is allways that you could never put things in space without everyone knowing about it. This idea is of course a silly one. Now we finally have official confirmation from no less than DARPA that you very much can do this and it is indeed happening.

Thanks OP ! I know what I'm saying goes against the point of your thread, but you just provided some really interesting information none the less. Star and flag for you there.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
reply to post by Karilla

Yeh but this part "that they appear suddenly in orbit" I'm no expert, but do satellites just suddenly appear in orbit?

ICBMs do

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Great Find Antor!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your research with us. This is some good material your come across.

*Now I gotta go read the doc, I'll see if I can't find any other choice excerpts to post.

Edit:

I Read it.

It Looks like you got the best part already.
=

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Thanks Exuberant, for your comment.

Another point of honor from a good researcher like you.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Antor

Thanks mate, but you made a pretty good find this time.

Hey, here is something that may tie in with what you have found.

One step in identifying unknown object as unknown is making sure you where all the knowns are and have information on them.

In an S &T article about something LLNL was working on seems to show that attention is being paid to finding these unknowns and predicting their orbits. In the article, 'Simulating Surveillance of Space Objects', that particular aspect is addressed using a system called Testbed Environment for Space Situational Awareness (TESSA). This allows them to know when an 'unknown' has been detected and to run simulations on its orbit and see if it poses a danger or not.

Get it here:
str.llnl.gov...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Maybe SST DARPA's telescope try to detect and to examine unknown objects and with unknown purpose that suddenly appear in high orbit like these...?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Ok, Antor. Having just watched Secret Space volume 1 on Google vids (you'll have to search, lost the link) I'm beginning to think you may have a point. There does seem to be a lot of evidence of UFOs appearing in the upper atmosphere. More, perhaps than the amount of spy satellites being launched. Hmmm.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Nice find

I belive that anyone who doing any kind of research in astronomy , such as men like Sagen can not ignore the likelyhood of "vistors, ET etc" They just choose to ignore and downplay it for all the wrong reasons , funding, etc . I understand their reasoning but at some point the "Veil" has to lift so to speak.

The debunkers can only debunk so long , they can twist words and ridicule others , but in the end it will be all for not.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Reevster]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Antor

interesting...though I suppose they could be referring to stealth aircraft that are undetectable by all other means. hmm, do they do this optically?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
If DARPA would have stated that there was no ufo's in space e.c.t no one would believe them because they are a 'government agency' but because they've mentioned these unidentified objects in space people are believing them and only because it fits into their pre-existing belief structure.

So which is it people? Are we trusting the government or not trusting them? Or does that answer fluctuate depending on your belief structure?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
And as allways "Ignorance is Bliss"

UFO´s is NOT i reapeat NOT = to Extra Terrestrial Life Forms...

PERIOD!!

So untill identyfied, a manmade Satelite is a UFO...

Get it...!!????

No, i didnt think so..

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Miccey]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla
Ok, Antor. Having just watched Secret Space volume 1 on Google vids (you'll have to search, lost the link) I'm beginning to think you may have a point. There does seem to be a lot of evidence of UFOs appearing in the upper atmosphere. More, perhaps than the amount of spy satellites being launched. Hmmm.

Thanks for your indication about Secret Space.

I've already see, some time, ago that vids.
Absolutely amazing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join