It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA admit to detect and to examine UFOs in Earth orbit whit a Space Surveillance Telescope!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
DARPA admit to detect and to examine UFOs whit Space Surveillance Telescope!

Then the DARPA's ultimate goal is to detect, whit the SST Space Surveillance Telescope, the unknown objects, whit unknown purpose, that suddenly appear in geosynchronous orbit. Dr. Tony Tether, DARPA's former Director, officially admits in an official document submitted to Subcommittee on Terrorism, Unconventional Threats and Capabilities, House Armed Service Committee and US House of Representatives... to chase UFOs that approaching to Earth's orbit.

DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency), as you know, it is a governmental agency of the Department of the American Defense that has the task to develop and to test new technologies for military use. One of these technologies is the SST (Space Surveillance Telescope). Well, in a document from 27 March 2003 written from Dr. Tony Tether, that he has been director of the DARPA until 20 February 2009, you can read at page 5 that this telescope has the task “to detect and to examine objects not identified that they appear suddenly in orbit with unknown purpose". Therefore he spoken here, not about spatial detritus, satellites or other of conventional, but of "something stranger and unknown". In fact the phrase “that they appear suddenly”, is reported to something that some moment before was not present in the terrestrial orbital zone, therefore presupposes that "something unknown" has been materialized “like for magic in Earth's geosynchronous orbit. And moreover it is spoken about objects whit unknown purpose.

The strip, page 5

Which kind of crafts or objects unidentified?
What great secret is hidden beyond the apparatuses of world-wide Intelligence Agencies?
Extraterrestrial presence into Earth's orbit?

This declassified document speaks about "something of unknown to our world". This is an official confirm, for who as not convinced yet, that the UFOs Issue it is an incontrovertible truth.

Here the DARPA declassified document. www.darpa.mil...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I have never seen this before, thanks for posting. Sounds a bit suspious doesn't it ... “to detect and to examine objects not identified that they appear suddenly in orbit with unknown purpose".
How sure are we of the authenticity? I looked at the pdf file, but I'm at work, and I don't have time to read it all, I'll read it later.
I have no doubt in my mind that they know they come here and have for a very long time. I've seen 2 myself.
And on a side note, there seems to be an increase in sightings lately, I'm wondering if they're here to watch Eyja/Katla show?

S&F!!!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I think you're taking that snippet out of context from the rest of the document. Reading through the link you provided (which is quite interesting by the way), it seems pretty evident that the comments on all technologies are being phrased in reference to terrestrial enemies. In the segment you quoted I believe he is referring to objects suddenly placed into orbit by Earthly means, much like the new RASCAL project he mentioned previous to the SST. These unidentified objects could be new satellites, low-orbit space planes, or weapons launched from an object already in orbit.

At least that's how I'm reading it.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I've just read the document, dated 2003 incidentally, and would disagree that the thrust of the telescopes purpose is to detect extra-terrestrial craft. From the context the paragraph quoted in the OP was taken from I got the distinct impression that the purpose is to detect spy satellites operated by foreign powers. For example (all quotes from the pdf doc linked to in the OP):

Orbital Express will demonstrate the feasability of using automated spacecraft to refuel, upgrade, and extend the life of on-orbit spacecraft. It will lower the cost of doing business in space and will provide radical new capabilities for military spacecraft, such as high maneuverability to make our satellites more difficult to track and evade, autonomous orbital operations, and satellite that can be reconfigured as missions change or technology advances.

I am assuming that DARPA know of the existence of similar technologies held by foreign powers, and it is these that the telescope mentioned is designed to detect.

It is a moot point though. The technologies outlined in this document have probably already existed for years and yet we have heard about none of them. I doubt very much that any ET craft that are detected by this telescope will ever be known about by the general population.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Karilla

Yeh but this part "that they appear suddenly in orbit" I'm no expert, but do satellites just suddenly appear in orbit?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
reply to post by Karilla

Yeh but this part "that they appear suddenly in orbit" I'm no expert, but do satellites just suddenly appear in orbit?

I think that if they were launched by a system equivalent to the RASCAL system, they may suddenly appear in orbit.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Karilla

You have centered the point!

Unknown objects, whit unknown purpose, that suddenly appear in geosynchronous orbit

Which kind of terrestrial craft/satellite can materialize directly in the highest orbit?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Karilla

It's impossible to tell the difference, apparently, between a missile test (which happen all the time) and the launch of a spy satellite. It would only be apparent that a rocket launch was for the purpose of deploying a satellite when that satellite appeared in orbit, no? Why would ETs be interested in having objects in geosynchronous orbit? Foreign powers on the other hand....

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Well, it's not much, but at least they're beginning to admit why so many of our sats are pointed AWAY from earth.

What could possibly be of interest in deep space to the Spooks?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antor

reply to post by Karilla

You have centered the point!

Unknown objects, whit unknown purpose, that suddenly appear in geosynchronous orbit

Which kind of terrestrial craft/satellite can materialize directly in the highest orbit?

None. But they appear to materialize in such orbits.

Remember that space is very very big, and satellites, especially ones designed to not be particularly visible, are dark and faint.

While they're in transit, if you have no idea what or where to look, you will not see one unless you're very lucky.

Geostationary orbit is of course very useful and therefore the end-point of many satellite insertion maneuvers, so it makes sense to look for them there where there's a chance of seeing them rather than anywhere else.

An ET craft which supposedly would have interstellar-capable propulsion wouldn't need to be in geostationary orbit. The purpose of such orbits is to stay over the same point of land continuously, as if there is something specific to watch or ground stations to beam the signals down to. This is something for Earth powers.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

I disagree.
Any object launched from the ground (satellite, rocket, missile ICBM) can be easily detected from the normal device tracking. This refers to something unknown, whit unknow purpose that it appears suddenly in Earth orbit and that has not been possible to detect... because it came from outside.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antor

Not that it's materializing in orbit, but a satellite-launched nuclear missile could fit into this criteria.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

No satellite, nor ICBM missile, nor carrier.

Every single device launched from the ground can be tracked.

Some space radar/telescope can track space debris in orbit of 1 cm diameter.

In the document, DARPA speak of FAINT, UNKNOWN (of course FLYNG) OBJECTs whit UNKNOWN PURPOSE that SUDDENLY APPEAR in GEOSINCHRONOUS ORBIT. The highest orbit.

That means that one second before that objet was't been detected in Earth atmosphere or orbit.
UFOs.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Do you know if this is being covered in the MSM?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AntorIn the document, DARPA speak of FAINT, UNKNOWN (of course FLYNG) OBJECTs whit UNKNOWN PURPOSE that SUDDENLY APPEAR in GEOSINCHRONOUS ORBIT. The highest orbit.

That means that one second before that objet was't been detected in Earth atmosphere or orbit.
UFOs.

You're reading too much into it, IMO. Geosynchronous orbit, means that in relation to the earth the satellite doesn't move. It is synchronised with Earth's orbit so it can maintain a position over a fixed position on the surface. It has nothing to do with height. A low geosynchronous orbit requires a slower speed than a higher orbit. Some Russian spy satellites can maneuver up and down while in geo-sync orbit.

Please do some research on the problems various governments have had with each other over unannounced satellite launches.

It also states in the DARPA document that the US is working on undetectable satellites. Why do you assume foreign powers are not? Some are extremely small and high. They emit no light, merely reflect, so they would be "faint".

I just think you're barking up the wrong tree, that's all.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cybernet
Do you know if this is being covered in the MSM?

Surely MSM reporters don't know neither what is DARPA.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Ahhh! Why does the OP keep spelling 'with' as 'whit'?? A couple times in the OP is one thing, but now I want a reason!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenVisage

too rapid typing.
sorry mate.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

"The Space Surveillance Telescope program is developing a ground-based, wide-aperture, deep field-of-view optical telescope to search for very faint objects in geosynchronous orbit."

I'm no expert, but that sounds like they are looking at/for objects originating from a fair distance.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Not very bright are you. Cute though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join