It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As oil leaked, Interior Dept. official rafted with wife

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

As oil leaked, Interior Dept. official rafted with wife

voices.washingtonpost.com

Though the Obama administration has stressed its involvement with the April 20 BP oil spill since "day one," at least one Interior Department official decided instead to phone it in and go white water rafting in the Grand Canyon with his wife and other officials.

Tom Strickland -- who serves as Interior Secretary Ken Salazar's chief of staff and the department's assistant secretary for fish, wildlife and parks -- traveled to the Grand Canyon on official business on April 27, three days after the oil leak was initially discovered.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
blogs.abcnews.com
www.fireandreamitchell.com
www.blogrunner.com
www.uspoliticsonline.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Iran offers help in fighting Gulf of Mexico oil leak
The Scale of the Deepwater Disaster

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This just goes to show how much TPTB really care about the disastrous results of the oil spill. They could care less, other than political implications and some obviously don't even care about that. This is a disaster that the peasant class will suffer, while the elite are only worried about furthering and protecting their agenda.

I posted a thread a couple of days ago about Iran offering to help and how the US will most likely ignore the offer. They have ignored the offer because it would hurt their agenda, completely ignoring the fact that we can use as much help as possible to lessen the magnitude of the damage. The elite's agenda is blocking much needed help so not only are we being screwed by their agenda in the first place, but now we are being screwed even more by the protection of that agenda as it relates to this incident and this article just punctuates the claim that they aren't taking this seriously, or seriously enough.

--airspoon

voices.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Well actually Iran and Israel have had tension in the past. And the Israelis pretty much run the U.S. corporation.

So, you can see why the U.S. makes the choices it does.

good find

....dirty F!$%ers

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well, I think this has gone far enough. It's about time Mother nature gets furious and shows us all what she can really do. It's time for some wrath IMO.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by DaMod]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This is crazy IMO and I would almost be perfectly fine with mother nature taking back control of her domain. The only people who seem to care, are those who can't/won't do anything about it. I'm not talking about global warming either. Whether you believe in man-made global warming or not, you have to admit that humans do not respect the planet and are trashing it.

I'm not so much buying into the whole global warming claim, at least man-made global warming but I do care about pollution, including oil spills. Those in power seem to only care about so called global warming to corner the poitical market but when it comes to real abuses of the planet, they could care less.

--airspoon

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Well, the oil spill wasn't where he was rafting silly! Outa sight, outa mind!

Now there might have been and emergency in this person's mind, had the slick been where he was rafting.

I was on the beach yesterday, visiting many locations from Pass Christian, all the way to Biloxi. They had crews out there. As a matter of fact, right across the street from a BP gas station where I live, they were hiring. They had people all along the beach, raking. They were easy to see. All of them were wearing hard hats, royal blue t-shirts, and a red life vest strapped to their backs.

Perhaps this Interior department fellow needs to chip in with the rest to get an idea what is going on.

I don't know if this is true, because the line for employment was looooooooooong, but, rumor has it, these workers are getting $15.00 per hour, and $40.00 per day, per diem.

Do you think that would be an enticement, to participate?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Just how does anyone here think that one more man can help the situation any further?

The leak is under 5000 feet of water and there's never been a plan put in place for catastrophes of this magnitude.

Leave the Obama administration alone. They're doing exactly what I and many others want.

I apologize if I sound like a troll, but there is absolutely nothing we can do until this years elections when we get the dead-beat Congress in order and 2012 election when we get a real American in the White House, but I must admit, I truly want this country to realize what they've done in 2008 and have to go through 8 years of this government. Maybe then they'll realize but I doubt it. When I say "they" I mean Democrat liberals.

[edit on 6/5/10 by Intelearthling]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Are you kidding? He is Interior Secretary Ken Salazar's chief of staff and the department's assistant secretary for fish, wildlife and parks, what do you mean he couldn't help the situation any further? That is his job in the most normal circumstances, much less during a crisis.

Also, the leak may be 5,000 feet under the surface of the gulf, but the already leaked oil is not. It is coating the fish and wildlife along with being injested by them, the very same fish and wildlife Strickland is in charge of and oversees. The biggest crisis of his career most likely and apparently isn't important enough to tend to.

--airspoon

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Like I said, I apologize if I sound like a troll, but when it comes to elected officials, they seem to forget how they got into the positions they're in and they're the ones that needs to be ousted from office.

Since this is an apointed position, we need to "fire" the one who appointed him.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

I certainly agree however, to me it doesn't matter because we will only be replacing corruption with more corruption (or Bush III with Bush IV). With Bush II (W.), we have entered a new era of politics in the US, to where the politicians don't even have to pretend that they serve the interests of the people. It's not as if we are going to throw Obama out and then get someone who won't be a puppet for TPTB, IMO. Obama just happens to be the place holder but after him, it will just be someone else, a Bush IV who gets elected. So, I don't really care anymore whether we vote Obama out because we will just get someone either equally corrupt or more so. I certainly don't like Obama and for that reason alone, it would be nice to see him et voted out, but to what end? It won't make the smallest bit of difference as far as the interest of the people goes. We have lost our country and anything short of a nation or planet-wide catastrophe, including armed revolution, will change that.

--airspoon

top topics

join