It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do many people bad mouth other religions when theirs does or did the same stuff.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Before anyone says anything.

This is not about a particular religion, sect of a religion, specific place or people.

I support no religion fully. I agree with pieces of each that are logical for the better of all humans and nature or are good ethical basis.

Almost most every religion has done the same thing, to other religions or people of another religion at one point.

People bad mouth another religion, but wont say a thing when people of that other religion bring up the same stuff about their religion.

I can think of some religions which act like they are different and have nothing to do with each other but are very close if you read there religious text and look at customs.

Why do people blast other religions for doing something but wont say a darn thing about theirs doing the same thing at some period like its a secret.

If you want someone to stop something and you culture has also did it before why not openly admit it before they turn the tables and state all the crap you have done which makes you look like a hypocrite and a fool ?

People always try to group people of another religion together but when the statement is aimed back at you the people will say no that group is not apart of us we are _____ and there are _______ we do not have the same ideas and concepts.

I could probably pull up something bad on every religion and then go further and break it up into sects.

Almost every religion has the "your either with us or against us" philosophy

When people talk about religions other than there own and getting converts they always bring up unethical things that were done; but when the tables are turned they would never say it about themselves.

Every religion that wants converts and more people has done some unethical crap so why not just go ahead and admit instead of just giving fuel for a fire against you.

Do as I say not as I do, goes hand and hand with the way some religions operate.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by jatsc]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I agree. I wish I had the will power to be a Jain because they seem the most peaceful. be I dont need dogma to make me be what I want. I only need freewill. but the zealots will call that "satanic".

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Nice point. I would like to point out that is goes far deeper than religion. There is science vs religion. Government vs government on down the line. Fighting seems to be ingrained in our very fabric of being.

Why? Because of disagreements. What are the disagreements? There are so many you can pick and choose. It all boils down to letting one's anger take charge of one's actions.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
the hypocricy of all religions will tell you that even those who support a particular religion must not believe it whole-heartedly. otherwise they would "live" it, and not just preach it...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I personally believe that the ptb are really satanists, and if you watch the film brotherhood of the bell, that depicts what really is going on above us. We never get to know unless we are one of them, or we may get lucky and guess.

So they probably did create all other religions to confuse others, while they keep the real knowledge for themselves.

But there really is entities or aliens above us, but the ptb and the real ptb i mean know how these things work. So this is the religion they use, and they keep us out of the loop as everyone really cannot know.

But also if you are part of a religion and the top of that religion is rotten its like a pyramid system you will be rotten too. This is what people do not understand.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Simple really: Most major religions are mutually exclusive...as in, if one turns out to be the true religion, all the others are false religions.

Obviously no relgion can prove that they're the correct religion, but their members will attack other religions anyway because it makes them feel more confident about their belief.

It's as if 2 parties fight over which color a marble in a closed box has, when none of them has ever seen the marble. Party 1 claims it's gree, party 2 says it's blue...in the end both could be wrong, because maybe, there is NO marble at all and they wasted all the time discussing nothing.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It's weird isn't it. "Love thy neighbor" --unless they disagree with you then slaughter them.

All religions have nuggets of truth in them. I think it's those nuggets that first grab people and pull them in to whatever religion it is.
But then a ton of interpretations colored by human imperfection turns the truth into something isolationist and prideful.

Then when they see another religion doing and believing something different they want to convert them and failing that eliminate them.

Think of the truth as a huge jigsaw puzzle with the pieces scattered. Each various religion holds some of the pieces to that puzzle..

They form ideas about what the full puzzle would look like based on their own little section they assembled. When their idea of the big picture clashes with another religions own section of the puzzle, disagreements, misunderstandings, and sometimes war result.

I don't have all the pieces to the puzzle, but I am trying to gather all these nuggets of truth from all different faiths and religions to create my own personal religion. It works for me so far, and I haven't wanted to yell at anyone for seeing another part of the picture for a while.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Religion is nothing but a breeder of hate and division.

And with absolute certainty, NONE of the Abrahamic religions are correct. They are comprised of ridiculous stories based on ancient myths, with the additional tweaking of nonsense added therein by the authorities of the time to CONTROL its own citizens, and DIVIDE them against others.

Just look at what happens to ordinary sensible people whom become possessed by religion. They turn into total lunatics fearing all kinds of nonsense that DOESN'T even exist, while believing in imaginary characters that DON'T even exist. Then they use this imaginary nonsense to explain occurrences of REALITY. UNBELIEVABLE, as religion is the FARTHEST thing from reality that exists.

Religion produces all kinds of fruit-loops claiming all sorts of supernatural spirits and bogeymen all around us including demon-entities playing a role in the over-the-top end-time nonsense, and satananic supernatural forces working in disguise in the backgrounds in some sinister soul-snatching plan to which you must pray to a WAR-hungry god or some man-god that is nothing short of a fabrication of earlier fictional gods.

There is nothing sillier on the planet than the religious nuts whom mentally exist outside the realm of reality while hating anyone different than them.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Captain_Sense]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Because religion is nothing but a tool to control people and different people want their followers to do things to benefit them which is why there are all these BS religious wars.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

All religions have nuggets of truth in them. I think it's those nuggets that first grab people and pull them in to whatever religion it is.

It is this nugget of Truth upon which the entire false construct of every religion is founded. A lie is unbelieveable without the nugget of Truth at it's core.

Think of the truth as a huge jigsaw puzzle with the pieces scattered. Each various religion holds some of the pieces to that puzzle..

The Spirit of the Living God can has and does go anywhere, sowing the seeds of Truth in all those who seek a Light filled life. Truth has been given to all the Earth, in every age and to all peoples.

They form ideas about what the full puzzle would look like based on their own little section they assembled. When their idea of the big picture clashes with another religions own section of the puzzle, disagreements, misunderstandings, and sometimes war result.

The enemies of God follow the Spirit over all the Earth, in every age and to all peoples, sowing the seeds of darkness, seeking to undermine the very Truth they need to make their lies believeable.

The hearts and minds of men resonate to both light and dark. We have only our own will, our own understanding, to help us decide what is Truth and if we want it.

I don't have all the pieces to the puzzle, but I am trying to gather all these nuggets of truth from all different faiths and religions to create my own personal religion. It works for me so far, and I haven't wanted to yell at anyone for seeing another part of the picture for a while.

Happy journeying!

[edit on 6/5/2010 by teapot]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Is your picking apart my post a criticism? I'm confused because it seems like you are saying the same thing in different words...

A good illustration of misunderstandings in talk of "religious" matters though.

[edit on 6/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Humans are a warmongering species. Religion allows warmongerers moral justification for tribal conflict and love of violence.

Sins other than war, wrong doings that harm others, evil actions by individuals within all religions and indeed all hierarchical constructs are because human spiritual, psychic, moral, cerebral faculties are highly flawed, limited, primative and heavily influenced by social environment and biochemistry.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

No criticism intended! The parts I responded to had particular resonance with me. I understand your puzzle analogy; mine involves a trapestry within which we are each a Thread that God weaves into the Universe as we make our choices and decisions.

I think Truth is everywhere and lies work to undermine it, causing conflict between the different religions. I also think the limitations of human understanding brings religions into conflict with oneanother as they each seek to discern Truth within their own domain.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

I just wasn't sure so I had to ask. I wasn't offended or anything, just curious. I like the tapestry analogy also.

It reminds me of "The Wheel of Time" series of books.

[edit on 6/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think this is right on. There are indeed nuggets of truth in most of them, but it's literally like a puzzle putting it all together.

It's hard to discern truth from fiction sometimes. And then that fine line just seems to get more fine!

Arrgh. It's so frustrating. But I will keep searching for the answer until the day I die, while not succumbing to an organized religion.

And you know, I was going to start a thread about what I am about to say, but I will just say it here...

Where I'm at in life; the things I have gone through, I can totally see WHY people will chose a religion and believe it wholeheartedly. It's really about that void that needs to be filled.

My void is huge. I mean, damn - I don't even know where to start. As each day goes by, I don't feel better.

BUT, I refuse to fill the void with a hollow "truth" (religion).

I would rather be miserable and inquisitive than to fill the void with something that doesn't make sense to me. Screw faith.

I was a Christian for about 2 1/2 years. The whole time something was nagging at the back of my brain. It was logic. And anyone who tells me I WASN'T A Christian can go away because I followed the book.

And please, don't try to recruit me again, anyone. Thanks.

But on topic, I agree with the op. Sometimes the truth hurts, and that's probably why the cavalry will be in here soon blasting us Agnostics (me) and Atheists...

This planet...

[edit on 5/6/2010 by impaired]

top topics

join