It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historical Jesus

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Hiya,

Originally posted by jolee
A few weeks ago in my searching I found a document is thought to be written by Jesus. Darn I can't find it now. They began to translate it and didn't get very far before the document dissapeared.If I can refind it I will post it here but very little is translated.

There is no document written by Jesus.

WB5

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Hiya,

Originally posted by tkeax1088
I completely disagree with the comment that Jesus was not considered God until Constantine established the Roman Catholic Church. The books of the New Testament were written 200 years before Constantine.

Correct.
:-)

WB5

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hiya,

Originally posted by Leveller
Sure they were. But nowhere in the NT does it say that Jesus is God.

Wrong.
You've never read the NT, have you ?

G.John 1:18
"No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known."

WB5

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hiya,

Well done helen670 :-)
Someone who actually knows what the NT says,
instead of regurgitating nonsense from the crackpot book The Da Vinci Code.

Many books of the NT called Jesus divine CENTURIES before Nicea.

Originally posted by helen670
Here are a few sites with lot's of info......dating back to the early church .....

www.intratext.com...

God has manifested Himself yet more in supernatural revelation and through the Incarnation
of the Son of God, the God, �who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time-past unto
the fathers by the prophets, hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son� (Heb. 1:1-2). �No
man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He
hath declared Him� (John 1:18).

Thus, did the Savior Himself teach concerning the knowledge of God? Having said, �All
things are delivered unto Me of My Father; and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither
knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, the Savior added, and he to whomsoever the Son will
reveal Him� (Matt. 11:27). And the Apostle John the Theologian writes in his epistle: �And we
know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us light and understanding that we may know
the true God� (1 John 5:20).

www.intratext.com...
./Quote//and the world hath hated them,
because they are not of the world,
even as I am not of the world" (John 17:14). "If ye were of the world,
the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world,
but I have chosen you out of the world,
therefore the world hateth you" (John 15:19).
These words of the Savior demonstrate the incompatibility of righteous life with sinful and out-of-Church customs of the secular world. "My kingdom is not of this world" (John 18:36).

Thus, the Church is a graceful, supernatural, unity of born-again people who form the mystical Body of Christ, founded by Christ on Calvary, filled with the Holy Ghost, and headed by Our Lord Jesus Christ Himself.
www.orthodoxphotos.com...

The Holy Scripture interprets the life's tests and sufferings as an opportunity of taking effort to achieve the supreme reward in Heaven.
For example,
in the Epistle of the Apostle Peter we read,
"Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you,
as though some strange thing happened unto you:
But rejoice,
inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy" (1 Peter 4:12).

A Christian: Warrior for Christ.
www.orthodoxphotos.com...

WB5

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Hiya,

Originally posted by jezebel
I don't know if you are interested, but there are ancient Hindu scrolls that have documented a period of time in which Jesus lived and taught in India. He was called Issa and the message he taught, according to their accounts, is very similar to his message in the Gospels of the NT. You can read about it here. I read all 14 chapters pretty quickly, they are not very long, and found it very interesting.

It's fantasy.
No scholar believes it.

WB5

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by Leveller
There is proof that many people did not believe that Jesus was God. There is no proof that many believed otherwise.

YOU claimed Jesus was not considered divine until Nicea.
YOU claimed the NT did NOT call Jesus "God".

But -
various posters have quoted passages from the NT, and other earlier Christians that show they DID consider Jesus divine, including various quotes from the NT saying exactly that.

You were wrong.
Can you admit it?

WB5

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hiya,

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
there were more that just the four gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

But the four accepted Gospels were not written by anyone who met Jesus.
The OTHER Gospels are even MORE suspect, and tell even MORE different stories - like the Gospel of Peter describing a huge magical cross marching out of the tomb with lighting flashes.

Does that ADD to the historicity of Jesus ?

We also had Thomas, and I've heard Mary Magdalene.

Have you ever READ them?
DO you think they ADD to Jesus' historicity ?
If so, why?

In addition to other divine cruxifications and virgin births, these religions sometimes included trinities. Bible stories also mimic other religious traditions.

So the story of Jesus is merely a re-telling of earlier religious myths?
So he didn't exist at all?
I agree.

WB5

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CommonSense

sorry, because the origin was undetermined and unexplainable, does NOT automatically make it the cloth of jesus. extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Yeshu is also the name used in Toledot Yeshu narratives as the name of the central Hashmonean era character who is partly based on Jesus. In Modern Hebrew, Yeshu means Jesus.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join