It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Euro Hits 14-Month Low As Debt Crisis Roils Market

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Euro Hits 14-Month Low As Debt Crisis Roils Market

online.wsj.com

TORONTO (Dow Jones)--The euro fell to a 14-month low below $1.27 in volatile trading Thursday as the European Central Bank failed to offer any substantial new initiatives to address the euro zone sovereign debt crisis.

The euro dropped to $1.2690, its lowest level since March 2009, during ECB President Jean-Claude Trichet's news conference following the ECB's regular interest-rate meeting.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Merkel reacts:

BERLIN (AP) - German Chancellor Angela Merkel says market speculation surrounding the Greek financial crisis has been exaggerating the euro zone's problems.

At a forum in Berlin she said "the speculators are our adversaries. It is, to some extent, a battle of politics with the markets."

She renewed her call for Europe to consider future changes to the rules governing the euro zone, saying all are aware that "we must perhaps make some changes."

source

If people would be aware that the Greek economy only equals two percent of the whole EU economy, they would understand that the depreciation of the Euro and the recent doom stories have been largely exaggerated. Speculators like Soros, who brought the pound down on its knees in the early nineties, is among the very few individuals who benefit from the suffering of millions of Greeks and eventually, millions of Europeans, Americans and in fact, all of earth's citizens. The sub-prime crisis should have made clear that as a consequence of globalization, no one remains unaffected.

It is not all bad that the Euro depreciates. After all an exchange rate of $1.55/1 was way too high and didn't exactly help our recovery. However, I am afraid that $1.26 ain't gonna be the end of the downturn.

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Yeah it's funny to read all this crap, but the Greek economy only equals two percent of the whole EU economy - and doom stories have been largely exaggerated by mostly American speculators who are waging economical & financial warfare against Europe.

Not to say that there are not problems in the EU economy, because there are!

But to exaggerate the importance of the problems of greece is nothing more than American financial propaganda.

The should instead equal Greece with any of their OWN STATES which are on the brink of bankruptcy.

We in Europe are now at war with the American speculators who are betting against us to destroy the €uro.

Their only chance of keeping the dollar stable and not lose more value is to attack the other alternative reserve currency.

If they didn't do that the dollar would implode and it would be impossible for them to sell their treasury bonds - and to finance the U.S spending and the Imperial Army by borrowing more and more money abroad.

So I guess they have no choice really! - if they want to survive!

But this also means that they are now waging economical warfare against us!

Death to the American speculators and their greedy bunch of brainwashed followers I say!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous
We in Europe are now at war with the American speculators who are betting against us to destroy the €uro.

That's actually reality, I started a thread on it some time ago:

Sovereign CDS Trading to Be Probed by European Union

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

That's actually reality, I started a thread on it some time ago:

Sovereign CDS Trading to Be Probed by European Union

Yeah! I remember reading about this in March!

The EU has to do something, I know for a fact that the pressure on the Obama administration about Wall Street regulations was high at the latest G20 meeting in Washington.

Well! the EU can't take this crap from Wall Street anymore - so I'm just waiting to see how the heck they are going to solve this?

Ban the American financial institutions from the European markets or strike back hard?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Definitely..

If I was a massive US financial investor/institution with a stake in the Dollar, I would be throwing absolutely everything I had at destabilizing the EURO at the moment.. Wait until the Dollar is peaking around the time the new EUROZONE fiscal rules come in and voila.. Sell profits and buy EURO's.. Make a fortune over the space of a year or so..

Im still 100% under the belief that many of the Globalists have met with investors/institutions over this.. Creating a Fiscally Unified EUROZONE would be a massive jump.. And this could easily bring it about.. One Bilderberg meeting could easily have organized this..

Ban the American financial institutions from the European markets or strike back hard?

That would probably be the biggest act of Economic warfare in the history of the world..

It would definitely make for an interesting year though..

[edit on 7/5/10 by Dermo]

new topics

top topics

join