It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo on public NASA server showing UFO near Hubble?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fergu
If it is a reflection, what is it a reflection of? Any pictures of the interior for comparrison?

Otherwise the way the object is illuminated suggest it was illuminated from underneath, and not from above, which I presume it would have been had it been inside.

You have it backwards. If it is on the outside beyond the Hubble, why is it not brightly lit by the sun like the Hubble? Because it is a reflection of the interior off the windows interior and that environment is dim compared to the direct sunlight.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Because Hubble is shiny, and the other object is not? I don't know, I just can't see any resemblance to what I've seen of interiors. It is strange looking. Just trying not to disregard this too quickly, more is needed than 3 words with nothing to back it up.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
All we need to do is this :

○ Answer these questions :

Why is such an old photo only showing up now.

Why are there two identical "layers" on the object in question (mothership)
-and why are they different colors

What are the other more acceptable anomaly's in the picture (take a look, plenty of ghostly structures that people seem to accept are reflections)

Why has NASA not edited the picture, i mean come on...it's not like it's some little smudge hidden in the corner under faint light that they might have missed, it's a great big bloomin' light smack bang in the centre! pretty obvious in my books.

○ Finally :

I think the most condemning evidence would simply be to find out exactly where the photographer was standing, and find pictures of whatever was behind him.

These "things", for lack of a better word, are fairly well defined. I'm sure if we could get a picture of the shuttles interior it would just be a matter of overlaying segments with these suspicious pictures and voila, proof, or rather...disproof.

After asking myself those questions I'm fairly skeptical, but honestly I'd still love to see an image of the ships interior, even if it's just for posterity.

[edit on 6/5/2010 by noomy]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
First, rotate the picture 180 degrees. This will make it easier to perceive the object.
Used Auto Contrast & Auto Color in photoshop to sharpen up the image a bit.
RGB:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96f7776d69de.png[/atsimg]
RG:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/952569b08cc5.png[/atsimg]
G -- > Grayscale:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/302103a360e8.png[/atsimg]

This is my first post on ATS, I usually just read the topics, but this time I felt inclined to respond. I am by no means a photoshop expert, I just did what felt right in order to isolate the object. I am not usually one to jump on the bandwagon on these sorts of things, but this picture seems hard to deny. This may be quite the stretch, but I’ll throw it out there… After rotating, zooming in, and isolating the various color channels, the picture reminded me of something I’ve seen before. Now it’s not exactly the same object, but the “object” in the above pictures reminds me a lot of a craft discussed in the Ancient Aliens series…
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0ccb952245fd.jpg[/atsimg]
Thanks for reading and having an open mind!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Fergu

Try this.
The image was taken through a cargo bay window.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f7f89642426f.jpg[/atsimg]

Judging from the corner of the window which is visible in the full frame, I think the camera is rotated about 90º (no up or down in orbit).

Rotating the "mothership" 90º makes it look a bit more cabiney and a lot less mothershipy (LCD display?, illumination lights on the wall?)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6dd6e29a703c.png[/atsimg]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Wow this picture is kinda kewl. I am usually the first one to say nay to stuff and look for a logical explanation but it does look interesting. Maybe it is a reflection which is the most logical explanation however it does kinda look like it could be something else also.
As far as the light not illuminating it if it was a ship, what if the ship had some sort of light bending capabilities to keep it invisible and the mechanism was in some sort of flux at the time for whatever reason allowing partial light to reflect off it for just a brief moment?

Might have been a faulty trans warp coupler that needed to be rerouted to the sonic dilithium vibrational array or something. lol

Seriously though i like the picture. has me wondering

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
@ SnugenZ

WOW! nice job on those PS edits, i have to admit it is quite "craft like" in shape, but to be fair when you start to mess about with sharpness and color you can lose (and add) a lot of detail that almost seems to come from nowhere, this could still just be some bright light from inside the cabin reflecting strangely, that photoshop has turned into hard lines to suggest a structure, rather than just light emission. I used to do a lot of photo editing (I'm a hobby photographer) so I've seen this happen before.

I don't want to change the subject but I've not seen that documentary and those images you posted are intriguing, whatever that thing is it looks tiny in the pictures. Is it supposed to be some kind of vessel? looks more like a wind up toy to me! hehehe

Perhaps you could u2u me a link to more info on the subject rather than us discussing it here in this thread?

@ Phage

I honestly don't know anymore, you had me convinced at first, but now I'm not seeing anything even remotely similar in the cabin, and even rotating this "thing" doesn't help to make it look more human. Also to me the scale is all wrong, I see what looks like massive panels of rounded steel, and seemingly sheets of metal with dints, depressions and other characteristics that make me think it's actually quite large.

Cant we also assume that the photographer (astronaut inside the cabin) was upright, as in, orientated with the interior of the cabin, therefore we would not need to rotate the image, assuming it's coming from inside the cabin.

Additionally, if you look closely you'll see that some of those lights actually have points of refraction (little rainbows). Doesn't this only occur when light passes THROUGH an object like glass or plastic, not when it's being reflected? could that just be the camera lens causing this?

This still doesn't answer any of my other questions though, like how could NASA have missed this and not edited it out as i don't see an easy explanation, surely someone on their massive editing staff would have seen this anomaly and gone "whoah we better not let that one get out" if it was indeed something we're not meant to know about....also again, why is this relatively ancient picture only surfacing now?

Realistically though i don't think we can conclusively answer any of the multitude of questions presented by this picture, with the evidence we have i believe we could sit here and argue what it is or isnt for the rest of our lives and then some. I think this is just another case of "wait and see" ... if (or when) disclosure comes hopefully *all* of these strange images floating on the internet will finally have their explanation.

[EDIT]
Forgot to say....Thanks Phage! for the extra image of the cabin, awesome stuff, got any more? I'm thinking if i blu-tac a whole bunch of them all over my walls i might actually feel like I'm in a space shuttle! (we can dream...)

[edit on 7/5/2010 by noomy]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by noomy

You cannot assume the photographer is at any particular orientation.
espressoroastblog.com...

The lighting is very problematic for an object outside the shuttle. Hubble is in bright sunlight. The object is not.

[edit on 5/7/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
You cannot assume the photographer is at any particular orientation.

Actually you can to a degree...(unfortunately my dial-up stops me from actually supporting this claim with documentation) Orientation is a massive issue in space flights and can cause astronauts to feel sick, and get REALLY confused. To combat this they started painting big freaking arrows in the hallways and cabins, a sort of "this way up" system to help them navigate and battle the disorientation experienced by many astronauts. I saw this on a documentary on the TV but I'm sure there are reports on it out there on the webs somewhere.

On top of this all their instruments are not omni-directional...In other words they can only be operated while standing (err...floating) in front of them facing the right way up...I mean have you ever tried reading your PC from upside down? bit of a challenge.

That said I think we can assume there's a fairly high chance the photographer is facing the right way up.

Despite this however I do understand where you're coming from and do admit that it is also highly possible he is in fact floating at some odd angle. I doubt we'll ever really know.

Again I just have to say I don't think any amount of debating will solve this one, along with the hundreds of other anomalous pictures out there.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I have to say I'm with Phage on this one out of common sense.

The reflection would be considerably dimmer that what is actually outside and the lights you see are uniform, ie like lights are next to eachother like on a control panel.

I presume the shuttle windows are multi layer?

So even if the camera was pressed against the window it would still be able to catch a reflection from other layers.

But I can say without doubt that this ISN'T a smoking gun...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
reply to post by UberL33t

Please DO NOT link the Hopi Legend with Nibiru!

Nibiru is not mentioned in the legend and is not a word known among the Hopi's in relation to any of the stories passed down..

Red purifier was mentioned in the hopi prophecy. Nibiru is red.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by NephraTari

Whooaa! Slow down turbo! I merely posted that as a joke because Phage despises the subject, I just happen to include as much as I could regarding all the different prophesies.

Was not my intent to offend you.

I PROMISE never to associate Hopi stuff with Nibiru stuff ever again.

I lol at experts who say they know hopi prophecies.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The last picture that I posted is a small, aerodynamic, gold pendant if you will. Giorgio Tsoukalos wears them prominently as pins sometimes. Giorgio believes, if I'm not mistaken, that these gold pendants are replicas of ancient spaceships. Interesting stuff, I'm actually surprised more people haven't replied to this thread...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Here is an inverted photo-shop image.

dl.dropbox.com...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Looks like they have plenty of light inside, which can be seen in the left down corner of the picture.

On the right down corner of the picture there is not light
which would make things hard to reflect so bright on the right upper corner of the picture.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/510d6e46ab5d.png[/atsimg]

Black is not black, so when you have one picture with something that you want to take to another picture,
then you will get two different black colors when you turn up for the lightness in the finish off picture
and you will also get a black aura around what you took from one picture to the finish off project.

Any one need glasses for picture 4.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b66edaacfd29.gif[/atsimg]

Right, back to the thing in the right upper corner of the picture.
It's outside and not inside.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/37a6fd92544b.gif[/atsimg]

Stars and kudos.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by rcktxguy

Rcktxguy.....

As I said in the previous thread that incuded this picture before it was 404'd.....

This really does look like reflections of the shuttle interior to me.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Well I'll try again, but you people need to do it by your self to see it close up.

Take the picture and try to turn up/down for the brightness and there you should noticed it when you zoom in on the picture.
(Reminds me of Google earth/sky when they place stars in the space etc.)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c5a73d73f794.gif[/atsimg]

This whole picture is weird, only thing that should be real is the blue steel thing in the upper right corner and guess some of it had been erased.

Sorry for my marquee tool spelling.
Some of you would had made this picture better in Photo-shop.

Look for the real picture on page 1.

Stars and Kudos.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantom

Sorry, but the "auras" that you are pointing out are compression artefacts. You will notice this on any compressed image (i.e.: 99.9% of the images on the internet) where you get light areas juxtaposing dark areas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join