It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking the Alien Gospel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusSaves2008

So you are saying....that other life forms...containing 'life' within....are not emanated by God? That all life doesnt form from one single source...what some would call the Holy Spirit of life itself?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Interesting and thought-provoking read. Good thread.

First, IMO, there is no "alien gospel". There are people with questions, some of them researchers who look at history, artifacts and attempt to delve into the mysteries of same.

I've been watching the Ancient Astronauts series. Please note that it is NOT called "Alien Astronauts", as your OP states. I think there's more than a bit of evidence to suggest at least that earlier human civilizations saw and recorded things and perhaps beings that they could not explain.

More important though -- at least to me -- is why this seems an affront to you and your religion? I've been accused of being a "universalist" before because of my statements that:

1. I see no disparity between science and religion -- different words/concepts for similar events.

2. I don't care what God is called -- All That Is, Creator, Yahweh, Washtucna, Kokopelli, Budha, Allah, God. Is it so difficult to imagine that the Is communed with His creatures within context of different languages and cultures?

Likewise, why could it not be so that [part of] what is described in the Holy Bible could be properly interpreted within modern knowledge as something different, more technological, than how events are written in the Bible? How might a person in 75 AD describe a spherical flying craft?

One day, way back when I was going to college, I decided to read the Bible again (KJV) and highlight passages that seemed clearly to describe modern technology. Well, guess what............. I didn't even make it to the often-cited book of Ezekiel before I stopped, noticing that there was more highlighted than not.

Did this denigrate the Bible? I don't think so. God gave me a brain and free will and humor and a lifetime of questions. Why couldn't otherworldly beings have been part of His plan? I'm not saying that I entirely subscribe to that theory, however I don't feel that the theory or possibility conflicts with Scripture.

So, while I respect your beliefs, and your right to be displeased with the History Channel's series, Ancient Astronauts, I also urge you to watch again, and see if they are asking questions, or making assertions. I feel strongly that the History Channel's productions hardly ever, IF EVER, answer questions or make assertions. What they do is [hopefully] provoke us to think.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I am not saying that God did not create all life in the universe (assuming there is life out there). I believe that our situation as human beings is unique in the universe because we have an accuser in Satan and we have a Hell in the bowels of our planet.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Thank you. My I also commend you on a well written response.

I at one time thought very similar things to what you are describing. I know that UFO's are very real as my mother and sister had a close encounter that was very amazing. My question is not if they are real but rather what they are made of.

I am sold out to Christ. For me, the Bible is the truth and nothing but the truth. Jesus told us to preach His name in all nations of the earth for a reason.

God bless.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

All I can say is that you are allowing past mans ideas to lead your entire thought process...which blinds you to the very reasoning and logic that is embedded into your body as a physical being.

Why do you choose to accept that Satan and Hell are real? They make no sense in a most high form of existence, with a God who is perfect.

My experiences (not past men's telling and tales to me) have showed me unconditional love...any who seem lost...are where they need to be for a reason...there is no happenstance...there is no event that God does not allow learning from...there is no such thing as 'better then and worse then' when it comes to souls. All things come from a singular...they all must return to a singular. This is what is found in the blueprinted book of life...as I stated before. The place of wisdom that remains perfect, untainted. Its a understanding...which can not just be handed to you. You will only understand, what you are ready for.

To say God will stop loving is not of Gods nature.

To say the most high self of us gives up makes no sense.

Man back then could only understand so much...this limited view has been pasted down...and is causing man to not keep moving forward as a unit in our understanding. The Abrahamic faiths are going to cause world war in order to see past this misunderstanding of Gods desires.

It is sad for us, as a species, who have a beautiful amazing planet...that we cant come together yet after all this time.

God awaits....but so many pass precious time by thinking we are waiting on God to fix what we are capable of doing ourselves. To me, it clearly shows ones not willing to step it up for our species as a whole.

This isnt about good and evil...its about YOU and ME and ALL of us coming together...forgiving, seeing, understanding, ....together. How will any Abrahamic faith be a part of that? How healthy of a view point is that? And they all call this separation of man and land 'gods plan'? What does Divine and Holy mean to you? Just think about it....

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I know your point of view.

People with the same spirit you have are the very people who plan to erase the Abrahimic faiths from the planet. This is called the spirit of Antichrist.

I am not saying that you yourself are a murderer or are full of hatred or anything like that but it is people with a similar point of view that orchestrated the coming global holocaust.

Jesus is the only way the only the only truth and the only light. Hell is a very real place created for Satan and his angels. All I know how to do is tell you the truth and pray that it might convict your heart to turn to God.

God bless.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hate to break the news to you, but people wrote the bible, not some ghost.

I'm not big on the way the HC sometimes dumbs down it's programming, and the invariable need to have the hired naysayer there, but I do like the channel, and I do enjoy the shows. They are good starter material for the layman and someone has to do that.

Our history is steeped in alien contact, and that holds true across a number of ancient manuscripts which include biblical texts. Biblical texts are usually not primary as far as source material goes. Much of the information used on HC programs from the bible was material that has precedent in Sumerian and Akkadean documents. The bible merely borrows and paraphrases much of it's ancient material.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusSaves2008
The Holy Ghost is God's gift. You receive God's gift when you ask His Son Jesus Christ to live in your heart and you believe on Him with all that you have. This is how you know if someone has the Holy Ghost and anyone who leans on God's understanding and not their own would clearly know that human beings were created from the dust of the earth by the hand of God Himself and are not the result of alien manipulation!

In my opinion you make a mistake that is rampant within Chirstendom, you make it about the man and not the message.

It is the message that is important, the messenger is inconsequential.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
lets take a book written hundreds of years after jesus died, lets read it bend it around 18 thousands different ways to try and prevent anything we dont want to happen because our god will strike you down and send you to hell.
Seems to me that if god spoke to all 10 million people in the bible and gave them tips and wisdom and told them what to do and who they couldnt marry that he would still be here today helping us with everyday life right? Why would he help everyone in the bible and help absolutely noone here today? Why are we forced to pray and worship god with the knowledge that if we dont we go to hell forever? This is what happens here on earth, your born, eventually you learn the concept of god, then you learn if u dont worship said god you will pay with your soul and be punished forever. Thats absolutely brilliant. I dont buy it. Nor do i buy the theory that life has to have the same basic functions we have here on earth to live. We live here because earth allows us too. We are adapted to earth and thats it. Just like the other billions of being out there are adapted to their SPECFIC planet. More than likely we were created here and given our first steps of knowledge from someone. More than likely We are an experiment of some sort. simcity239087392 here we go

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by death2politics

You touch on something that has always mystified me, and let me say right now that if this is deemed off-topic, I volutarily take the hit, because I think it is important.

Why does God seem to need us to worship Him? I've never understood that. Respect, communion with, guidance, surely, but worship? Seems....... I don't know......... somewhat self-conscious.

I wasn't clear before in my previous post, however let me amend that a bit. I believe that there are non-Terran entities in the history and past of humans. As I stated before, I see no real conflict with that idea and the precepts set for in the Bible.

As long as I'm clearly off-topic (goodbye post~) ........ one thing that has always disturbed me is that each religious base (except Buddhism) seems to proclaim THE WAY as being ONLY through their path. ONLY through Jesus Christ are we saved. But.......... what about those children of God who either didn't survive that long, or were never exposed to Christianity in the first place....... or that exposure didn't occur at a time when they were mature enough to make their own choices?

Does God just throw people away?

These questions have led me down a path to discovery. There are clues that hint at a bigger picture within every religious discipline. Maybe that is what is required of us -- to unify the doctrines, to accept all as a piece of the puzzle, and finally, to solve it and know what the truth is.

I hope so. I hope human evolution is a spiritual awakening.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsmappy
When the "so called" Aliens return, and they will, its people like everyone in this thread, that they will have eating right out of their hands.
You will believe whatever they tell you to believe.

I'm beyond baffled, now I just laugh. There can be Aliens from other planets, but not a God......:-) That's just plain hilarious to me.

Of course there can still be a god.

But why does it have to be Jehova? Or Allah?

I really don't think these two guys - along with the other gods are/were "gods" at all.

Evil ET's messing with us? Perhaps.

If this theory is correct, guess who the joke would be on then?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

No, God does not just throw anyone away.

You mentioned children of God who never had the chance to know God. I know it might seem harsh but that statement contradicts itself. No one on this earth is born a child of God by default. The only two human beings to ever be born children of God were Adam and the second Adam, Jesus Christ.

We are born children of the world and under the domain of the god of this world who is Satan. We become children of God when we submit to God and confess that His Son Jesus Christ is our personal Savior. When we are born again or born of the Spirit then we become God's children.

Through Christ we are over comers of the world. I know that might sound bad for those who never hear of His name and never repent of their sinful nature but that isn't the entire picture either. The Word says that ALL who call upon the name of the Lord will be saved.

I do not personally believe that Hell is an eternal place of judgment. I believe that Gods mercy and love reaches down into the darkness of Hell and retrieves those souls who realize He is the way even after they have passed on.

When Jesus was crucified the Word says that He descended into prison and preached to those held captive and set the captives free. He did this because they either never had the chance to know His name or they never properly followed the Law of Moses into reconciliation with God.

God knows the hearts of men and He is very much concerned with how we live our day to day lives and how we prosper while doing it. Jesus came so that we may have life and have it more abundantly, did He not? He wants us to be happy and free in this mortal life and in the afterlife so if we know Him as Savior and friend while we live on the earth we can have an abundant life both here and in Heaven.

Hell is a very real place that God never intended on people going. He does not ever want us to have to spend even one minute in that place which is why Jesus told His disciples to preach His name to every creature on the planet. His name is the only way out.

If someone should pass away from this earth never having heard the name of Jesus Christ then God will judge their hearts. Their works shall determine their fate. If He has mercy and gives them His grace then so be it and if He does not then they did not deserve it. His will be done.

I know that this answer is plenty off topic but I did start this thread and this is an answer to a question... please do not delete this?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Another thing...

God wants us to worship Him because when we worship anything or anyone else we worship the god of this world. If we give Satan our worship either directly or indirectly then we empower Satan in our lives and we live a miserable life. God does not want us to be miserable. He loves us.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join