It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking the Alien Gospel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The History channel has been really getting under my skin lately.

First of all they produce hours of documentaries on George Washington and not once mention Freemasonry. As outrageous as that is they have a new show called "Alien Astronauts" which tries to present evidence of extraterrestrials visiting the earth and starting up the human race.

When programs like this stick to secular and non Biblical sources for their information I don't really have a problem with them and find them entertaining. Where I have a problem is when non spiritual people try to explain spiritual matters. How can someone without the Holy Ghost ever begin to know what the Holy Ghost has written?

Ancient cultures and civilizations have apparently recorded their experiences with extraterrestrial beings. Sumerian text tells the story of how the Annunaki came to planet earth and created the human species by cross breeding with the native wildlife. The next place this discussion always goes is to the Bible and Genesis 6.

1 Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, 2 that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose.
3 And the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not strive[a] with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” 4 There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

And there you have it! Alien interaction with human beings creating a hybrid race... no, not so much really. Before I get into the explanation of this Scripture I must admit that I at one time believed the alien gospel. As a matter of fact I believed it up until only a few months ago. I attempted to share this "knowledge" with a couple that I went to church with and it was not received at all. They did not rebuke me nor argue with me about it but I simply discerned that what I was saying had to be way off base. I then took this issue to the Lord in prayer and asked for wisdom and knowledge concerning this issue and He heard my prayer.

I did not know that He was leading me to my answer by showing my other truths but I soon learned how the Bible has repeating patterns. Ecclesiastes teaches how what has been is what shall be and if we take that principle and apply it to the past we see what was really going on. We can see what is coming in the future by knowing our past and we can get a clearer picture of ancient history by applying what has happened in not so ancient history. Understand?

Here is an example. When the Hebrews were advancing on taking the Holy Land from the Canaanites God specifically warned them not to intermarry with the Canaanites. The people of God should not have been having relationships with Pagan people because the Pagans would intermix their faith and their false gods and ruin the relationship that God had established with His people. Gods people were to be separate and unique in the land.

A more recent example is taught in the New Testament when we are instructed to not be yoked together with unbelievers. If a believer who is serving God is married to someone who does not believe then the blessings that God pours out on that believer will benefit the unbeliever as well. If both members of a marriage are not consecrated to God Almighty then that marriage itself cannot be consecrated to God Almighty and peace will not be in the home.

We have a pattern and we have an example of Gods nature established here in these examples. Now lets go back to Genesis and figure out what is going on here.

(continued next)

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Cain killed Abel and then was banished from the presence of God. This did not mean that God stopped loving Cain or that He stopped watching Cain but Cain was given over to his lusts that he embraced. Cain found himself a wife and moved away to build himself a city and start a civilization. I can not answer the question of where Cains wife came from as the Bible does not specifically say.

Adam and Eve had another son named Seth. Seth's lineage was a people who called upon the Lord. These people followed Gods ways and accepted the teachings of their patriarchs Adam and Eve. These people were the first original Hebrew people and looking at the nature of the situation we can discern that God would not have wanted them intermarrying with Cains family of Pagans and Witches.

It was Gods own children who initiated the mixing of societies. The sons of God saw the daughters of men. The Old Testament speaks very much of Gods curses for those who disobey Him. The interbreeding of the Hebrews and the Pagans must have come with a curse that produced giants and these giants placed a heavy burden on the people.

There is NOTHING here about E.T. coming to rape earth women.

The other ancient text that we have discovered that might seem to point to this conclusion are either misunderstood or they are complete lies of Satan. The Bible does not provide any evidence for or against the existence of extraterrestrial life and I am not against the idea that God did create other life out there. What we must ask ourselves is if this life would ever be allowed to interact with Gods plan for humanity. I do not think so.

God bless.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusSaves2008
How can someone without the Holy Ghost ever begin to know what the Holy Ghost has written?

I find this as a huge problem.

The Bible states clearly you have no right to judge others in this matter.

Only "God" knows whom the "Holy Ghost" is inside. By definition.

Therefore I question if you have the "Holy Ghost" inside of you at all. Perhaps you have an "Unholy Ghost" within you that leads you to condemn other's without knowing their Heart. Because only "God" knows their hearts not you or I.

So who are you to question that? I question you.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Hello OP...I just had to stop after your first paragraph (I will go back and read the rest in just a moment) to touch on something you said, which must be pointed out for the misunderstanding that most likely holds together the rest of your posts.

How can someone without the Holy Ghost ever begin to know what the Holy Ghost has written?

Man likes to think the Holy Ghost would write a material book for us and the plan for the Holy Ghost to leave us a book with answers through prior mans hands is a good plan, in the minds of many.

The mystery of life...is life itself, the very essence, the core energy, of life 'being' set apart from non life. The 'written' word may vary well not be a 'written book' but in the very blueprint of creation, the whole entire emanation within our whole Universe....meaning you could be on any planet...experiencing life anywhere...and find...the written word within life itself. Find the humble loving nature, of God, of the higher power, of your very core being that allows you to be you at this moment.

Must look deeper...most look into the real mysteries...beyond the books. Not that they dont hold value...but the true word is where perfection cant be destroyed, where things cant taint the value of the pearls, where a life form such as us or any intelligent life form elsewhere, can seek and find it...in the blueprint of the foundation of the Universe and the life thereof.

Just adding a thought, I mean no offense to your belief and faith.

Edit to come back in this posts and comment further on the rest of your thoughts....

The idea that God...the Monadic vibration of the highest love...is concerned with bloodlines and that all bloodlines have a spectrum of 'evil' and 'good' within them is shallow thinking...IMPO. For all intelligent life forms come with the will of their own being...they come with the knowing of cause and effect and they CHOOSE their path as well as the environments MOLD their path. Take two human baby's...raise one is a fanatic world of Islam....raise one is a peaceful setting of a Monistary in Tibet...the environment IS going to affect them, it WILL mold them....with age, these babes MIGHT seek their own path and might be willing to not just follow their former man but might allow themselves the spiritual birth right of....seeking within themselves. The idea of blood lines having importance is just a concept of men of old...but if you seek their life and their environment, you will see, it did make sense, for their time and their understandings. They held high importance of family and a family line.

Mabey the idea that there could be alien life scares you? But the very blueprint for life and the building blocks of all DNA is throughout the entire vastness of space and time. Within the stars, within the dust of space, within the air we breath. It is every where and scientists are concluding this. It would be no surprise to me that there are other planets that have the right conditions for life like us...for the building blocks for life are floating everywhere. We have found bacteria beyond Earth...are we to assume that all forms of life are not of God...that life can be without the offering of the Holy Spirit itself?

Just some thoughts...
LV

[edit on 6-5-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I find this as a huge problem.

The Bible states clearly you have no right to judge others in this matter.

You beat me to it, but I'll agree with that.

There's no way for us mere mortals to tell who has the Holy Ghost and who doesn't. So the question is moot about who can decide what the Holy Ghost has written, if we don't know who has it and who doesn't.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
... sigh ...

I don't even have a response to that muzzleflash.... how off base and lacking in understanding can one be?

The Holy Ghost is God's gift. You receive God's gift when you ask His Son Jesus Christ to live in your heart and you believe on Him with all that you have. This is how you know if someone has the Holy Ghost and anyone who leans on God's understanding and not their own would clearly know that human beings were created from the dust of the earth by the hand of God Himself and are not the result of alien manipulation!

I guess I did have a response.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
that hilarious

debunking alien theory with religion

im sorry could not ressist

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Cain killed Abel and then was banished from the presence of God.

Well if I was Cain, I would have killed Abel too! I mean... if he was forced to stay in the garden of Eden, he would eventually had no other alternative but to seduce his own mother to perpetuate the species or live a life of perpetual masturbation or worse still.... beastiality. Nice!

Cain found himself a wife and moved away to build himself a city and start a civilization. I can not answer the question of where Cains wife came from as the Bible does not specifically say.

You mean the miracle wife that materialized out of thin air? Completely illogical! Why would god make an 'unclean' race of people outside of the garden? What purpose would it serve? Why isn't the creation of these other people chronicled in the same way as Adam and Eve?

Utter Rubbish!

It's more probable that life was seeded here either by another race or via panspermia.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I like to think that I (and most humans) have progressed beyond the point where we have to believe in some invisible man in order to lead productive and positive lives. Obviously, there are plenty of people on this planet that still require the religious crutch in order to deal with life.

Many treat this very subject like a religion, whether they realize it or not. It must be the basic human condition to believe in something greater than yourself that ultimately controls everything. Folks who don't have faith in their own personal responsibility decisions without having the weight of something greater pressing down on them is the real problem in this world right now. And it is no different for this subject as well.

Religion (and that manner of thinking, whether it be traditional, recognized religion or someone's personal assignment of a belief in something greater than them) was very useful back in the day when we were all ignorant, undisciplined and in need of the threat of hell to keep us in line. But you have to give us some credit, many of us today don't need the threat of hell or a belief in some some fairy tale in order to live our lives without robbing banks, stealing from our neighbors or having sex with cats and dogs.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It's kind of hard to take someone seriously when they're attempting to debunk one fantasy with another fantasy. It's good to hear you've rejected the alien fantasy. Just one more to go!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
When the "so called" Aliens return, and they will, its people like everyone in this thread, that they will have eating right out of their hands.
You will believe whatever they tell you to believe.

I'm beyond baffled, now I just laugh. There can be Aliens from other planets, but not a God......:-) That's just plain hilarious to me.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jsmappy

Why cant there be both?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The people at the History Channel have probably watched one too many episodes of the X-files. They are running out of material to titillate the public; rather than focusing on important events such as why the Battle of Hastings, the Battle of Salamis were important, the History Channel presents garbage about extraterrestrials visiting the earth.

The evidence quoted is weak and could be interpreted several different ways. The problem is where is the artifact? The "extraterrestrials visiting the earth in ancient times" advocates suggest that this must have been a massage visitation (with "mother ship", etc.). Yet these aliens did not leave behind one artifact to indicate that they were here (such as an "alien PC", translator, etc.). Not even an alien version of "Kilroy was here". Look at all the trash, the Apollo missions left on the moon.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jagdflieger

Im not sure if its so much about past evidence or if they have ever been here at all...

But to think, life is booming on this little planet...and then look out into space and its vastness...and to think we are it...seems very limited.

It is only recent we have really learned with absoluteness there are billions of suns, billions of galaxy's, billions of possibilities out there..we now know life forms in the most hottest of places and coldest of places here on Earth...I think we really need to consider that its POSSIBLE that its not just us.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

It is very possible that it is not just us. I do not believe that we can limit God in any form or fashion. The problem is that humanity has a very screwed up situation going on with the war being waged for our souls.

Humanity was created by God just as Genesis tells us.

God bless.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

The question is not if there is alien life, but did they ever come here. Stars which could support life bearing planets are rarer than you think. First they must be yellow suns (such as ours). Red giants blow up to soon; you need a star that is going to be around for at least 3+ billion years. They need to be on the galactic edge (radiation would be too high in the galactic core.)

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

It could very well be that Genesis chapter one is the telling of humanities first creation and is therefore the people who were living outside of the Garden. Many thousands of years could have passed between Genesis chapters one and two.

Yes, Seth and his siblings would have had to have reproduced with each other. Genesis does say that Adam and Eve had many daughters and sons.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Humanity was created by God just as Genesis tells us.

Where is your proof of this? The Bible

I love how people use the bible to prove everything in the bible is true.

IRM

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jagdflieger

The question is not if there is alien life, but did they ever come here. Stars which could support life bearing planets are rarer than you think. First they must be yellow suns (such as ours). Red giants blow up to soon; you need a star that is going to be around for at least 3+ billion years. They need to be on the galactic edge (radiation would be too high in the galactic core.)

Very fair points...but even if it was just 10% of the billions of suns could have a rocky planet like Earth....that is still higher numbers from our perspective of thinking. I have read that some say its 20% and I have read that some say it may be more about 60%. I think we are just babes in our thinking and technology to really go further with such explorations.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join