It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Jim DeMint: "U.S. Taxpayers Are Helping Finance Greek Bailout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Senator Jim DeMint: "U.S. Taxpayers Are Helping Finance Greek Bailout

www.zerohedge.com

From Senator Jim DeMint

The International Monetary Fund board has approved a $40 billion bailout for Greece, almost one year after the Senate rejected my amendment to prohibit the IMF from using U.S. taxpayer money to bailout foreign countries.

Congress didn’t learn their lesson after the $700 billion failed bank bailout and let world leaders shake down U.S taxpayers for international bailout money at the G-20 conference in April 2009. G-20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors asked the United States, the IMF’s largest contributor, for a whopping $108 billion to rescue banker
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
My goodness, I'm shocked! I was saying this would happen awhile back. This is why all the hand wringing about the Germans doesn't matter. Ben is gonna crank up the Turboprinter 3000 and send money that way. This is just like the Mexico bailout in the 90's and others. We've footed em all really. For DeMint to even be surprised considering his position is well...stupid. Then he starts harping on about Iran and Syria? What a winner. I hope this guy is considering a run for president. It would be amusing to say the least.

www.zerohedge.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-5-2010 by antonia]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
What our corporate run government is doing is bailing out all those fat rats in Wall street that are losing money with the down fall of Greece economically.

Is nothing but deceptions my dear . . . that is what the bailout to Greece is all about.

No wonder the people of Greece is fighting back, they don't want to become the slaves of big elite banksters at the expenses of their money and nation

When they did that to us in the US with the government bailouts we didn't fight enough, at the end our corporate government just make us all bend and take it.

And we are still bailing them out, under all kind of name disguises. . .

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
America, via its 17% share of the vile IMF, will end up sending billions of dollars to Greece. Trust me, no American wants to have anything to do with this group. Americans know that the IMF has destroyed country after country with its financial weapons. The IMF is a tool of NWO whose purpose is to collapse countries and then control them. It is disgusting and totally un-American. And we own the biggest share!

The IMF needs to be kicked out of Greece. Do not allow your political elite and rich fat cats agree to this scam which will make Greece a experimental colony of test subjects controlled by foreign powers who will proceed to visit upon you every manner of discomfort and denigration. Until you are broken and accept the yoke of the elite and your position as human chattel.

IMF needs to be stopped.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
You know i love how we don't have any say in this at all. They can just give our money away to anyone, and theres nothing we can do about it. I used to think the we live in a democracy , but that doesn't seem to be the case any more . who's going come and bail us out if we need it?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by robowarrior

We don't need any, our treasury department just prints more money and add the tap onto the future of this nation meaning our children's children from generations to come.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
You know that's crap. This isn't what capitalism is about.
With rewards you take risks. Companies or countries for that matter that fail need to restructure so that they don't commit the same errors again.

Right now we are rewarding them for failure.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
There was another post on Zero Hedge that pretty much says the Euro is toast. I don't even know why they are even bailing out Greece, the country is screwed it is going to have to declare default here shortly, maybe a year or so or less.

Honestly what I think is that this is a controlled collapse, and the bankers are looting the countries for all they are worth because they think they will be able to use it at some point. Which isn't the case, the paper is going to be worthless eventually.

Anyway of course we are bailing out Greece, with our great leaders that think we can create equality through money what do you think is going to happen. They are playing the game of a Million for you and two million for me.

I'm just wondering if they are going to lose control of the collapse. That should make for interesting times.

new topics

top topics

join