It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by USAFJetTech

The bottom line is the limitations on representation and use of the flag is meant to preserve its dignity and keep it from becoming a common place item

I understand what you are stating, but I don't think anyone, well most of everyone, who is wearing clothing with the US Flag is doing it to be desecrate the flag or the country. That's the only point I was making, whether it is perceived to be right or wrong.

After 9/11, my wife's father put a gigantic US Flag on the roof of their garage which covered the entire top. You couldnt see it unless you were in the air...but I thought it was awesome nonetheless.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Yes, if the day came that the government was proven to be tyranical and a threat to its citizens and the ideals espoused in the constitution I would consider it my personal duty and the duty of every military member to oppose that government. Our outh is sworn first to uphold the constitution.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

That is calling for trouble, if you think you can handle it then go ahead.. This is street wise.. And America wouldn't want to bring its military from abroad to help sustain peace within..

It can't afford that, it can't sustain it.. So to be less provocative is the best for America to do at this time.. A Mexican uprise would be very bad for the American empire.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by USAFJetTech

I don't know where you've been but that day is here and now.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by piddles
reply to post by tauempire

I'm a reasonable person who can separate from criticism and insult. Everyone on here always uses the reverse race card (which is claiming someone is using the race card in an attempt to make them look petty) but I know that won't be applicable when I tell you that everything you are saying doesn't matter at all because you're racist. These kids probably could give two craps about the flag or anyone else's RIGHT to express themselves and you're making them out to be some hero.

I'm a "mexican brat", sir, and I hope someday you will change your stance or at least make yourself known without being a total POS, thank you and have a wonderful day.

No your a mexican. a brat is a brat no matter WHAT race you are. and those idiots are brats who think we should cater to there whims and feelings. and its not racism to state it so.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
You wanna live in our country? You adjust to
our standards and way of life, I don't care
what race you are. The day we become a
minority in our own country is the day you
finally realize what's wrong. By then it's to
late because all these foreign people will be
in power and laws will be formed to better
suit them and screw us. (Applies to Canada and US).

IF i went to europe i would be expected to learn there language.....i would be expected to learn there customs.I would be expected to respect there culture over my own while there.Why is it so different here?

Many of you who are siding with these un-american twits want us to be more like europe in so many ways when it comes to the economy and entitlement programs......but i guess your only selective huh.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I just saw this in the article (well, it was a comment on the article) and thought that some one may have words for the school officials

Give them a call let them know how furious you are here is their phone number:408-201-6100.
Principal Nick Boden extension 40102
Vice Principal Miguel Rodriguez extension 40105
Vice Principal Kim Lemos extension 40106

Here are their email addresses: [email protected]. The vice principal's email address [email protected] and [email protected]

[edit on 5/6/2010 by Seitler]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Say what?

People wear the U.S. flag on Cinco de Mayo to offend others? Maybe?

Just as many as those who wear the Mexican flag on any day to offend others.

Maybe the solution is this, we stop allowing the celebration of Cinco de Mayo in public schools, because people are insulted, and it is not a U.S. holiday.

While were at it, kick Del Sol out of the NBA, and send them down to Monterrey.

Cause guess what, a whole bunch of people were offended by this principles actions.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
You know what is nice about this thread? Everyone is on the same page, for once.

Time for real change, I'm thinking.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

A race war, is that what you are calling for?

If they called in the army, it would be to protect the Mexicans.

Last time the two groups went at it, Mexico got beat like a drum. Maybe this time we'll keep the beaches of Mexico for ourselves.

Personally, I am po'd about the situation as it is, and I am a liberal, and like Mexicans, but when people start talking sheeit like you, I start to think that maybe it is true, no good deed goes unpunished.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The American military has a lot more force than you think. They could send 80% of there force to fight a war and still have soldiers here to protect the homeland . Its called The united control with in a control its always been that way even before the civil war . You think they would send 100% of there power to go fight a war and only have 1 or 2 people left to Gard the homeland

There are more soldiers at home now than are anyplace on earth . And there are new soldiers being made every hour of the day in boot camp

[edit on 6-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
My God this makes my blood boil!!!!
Fire that fool of a principal and ship him off to Mexico! I draw the line of sensitivity when it comes to my flag offending someone in my own country. Too freaking bad! Grow up and move to where you don't have to look at my flag!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Kinda funny seeing people waking up to the fact that minorities rule america...

Hell they run the world!

Isnt it fun guys?

When you actually think about it... you cant use an american flag, on an american school, on american soil, which has 2 guys with "spanish" names running it, on a mexican holiday, on a state with an austrian governor in... a country run by a black kenyan president.

Oh the irony of that country actually being an ex colony.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

The irony runs deep.

So ironic, it is red.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
[edit on 6-5-2010 by HunkaHunka]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Ya . I mean this is not about race , Its about the person and having the right as an American to wear the shirt . I mean come on . Its the law . Or it was . If they have the right to have a good time then everyone should . Last time I took notes . The revolutionary war was not about letting people have a fun time having a fun time and having parties and celebrating other nations parties . It was about freedom . And the person who wanted to have an American shirt on has the right as an American to be free and wear what he wants .

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by oozyism

A race war, is that what you are calling for?

If they called in the army, it would be to protect the Mexicans.

Last time the two groups went at it, Mexico got beat like a drum. Maybe this time we'll keep the beaches of Mexico for ourselves.

Personally, I am po'd about the situation as it is, and I am a liberal, and like Mexicans, but when people start talking sheeit like you, I start to think that maybe it is true, no good deed goes unpunished.

It is not about who the army is going to protect, it is about the stability of America..

The American economy is already screwed.. Your army has already been stretched to its maximum capability..

All the energy which America needs lies on unstable middle eastern grounds.. Where the population living on those lands are dying daily to get rid of American dominance..

One civil war is needed for the fall of the US..

That is all that I'm saying..

ooz

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The Army has not been stretched to its maximum capability ? lol That is not how it works . Boot camp is going on every hour of the day . Also there are more people at home than there are anyplace on earth. The homeland is the most protective area of a nations force. These wars over the last 10 years have not made the united states any weaker . The force grows all the time

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by piddles
I remember kids who would do this in highschool. they'd do it deliberately to piss off the mexican kids at school, and they weren't just white.

Why would the Mexican kids be pissed off at seeing someone wear an American flag shirt to school?

I don't get it.

They are Americans too so they should have no problem with this.

If the sight of an American flag on Cinco De Mayo pisses you off, perhaps you aren't in the right country.

- Lee

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndersonLee
The Army has not been stretched to its maximum capability ? lol That is not how it works . Boot camp is going on every hour of the day . Also there are more people at home than there are anyplace on earth. The homeland is the most protective area of a nations force. These wars over the last 10 years have not made the united states any weaker . The force grows all the time

They had to send troops from Iraq to Afghanistan..

How far can the army stretch relies on the economy, will power, resources...

For you to say that there is boot camps is absurd, and over simplified view of reality..

And for you to say that most soldiers are in home therefore that will keep the country safe from civil unrest/war is also an over simplified view of the situation..

The different organization holding power, situated through out America, could divide, and destroy the empire from within..

oz

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join