It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Sorry, I never subscribed to the "you must treat this piece of cloth this way and this way only" ... It's my flag, I'll do with it what I want.. even if I want to *gasp* fly it at night.

What is wrong is saying someone cannot display it, be it a bandanna or T-shirt or what ever else. What you do with the flag is your personal right of free expression .. if you want to have it upside down so be it, I personally draw the line at burning.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
By the way, one of the kids that got in trouble was half MEXICAN....

How's that for a twist of irony?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicaviv

Regardless of what day it is or who's national holiday it is.. if they kids want to make a statement IT'S THEIR RIGHT TO!!! Uhg.. you politically correct progressives are so ass backwards..

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by USAFJetTech

There comes a point where multiculturalism will ruin a country or a nation. It's like anything in life and in nature. You have to maintain a balance. When hispanics, mexicans, latinos become a majority in this country there will be a problem. I don't care what you or anyone else says. It's not about prejudice, bigotry or any other "labels". It's reality. But some how in American we've all been brainwashed to believe that just because we are a melting pot we have to take everyone and anyone from all over the world at the expense of those of us who were born here or have assimilated.

And serving a corrupt and tyrannical government does not make you American.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Yeah let's all eat off plates made out of the American flag and wear a sweaty bandana on our head or worse a floor mat made in the image of the flag. You have every right to do what you want with the flag.........but those of us who have some class and some tact (might want to look those words up in the dictionary) will treat the flag with the utmost respect.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The flag is not the point here...just a representation of what we once had as a nation of free people. That was before the majority decided they'd trade the freedoms it stood for for a little security promissed by corrupt politicos

What is truely tragic is that we get all excited by the flag on a tee-shirt and want to go to war over it. Why are we not as outraged by Homeland Security, and Congress and The Prez and the courts chipping away at our rights every day? FOCUS!!!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Yes, because they are teenagers, they should have no rights.

They should be stripped of ANY and ALL rights whatsoever.

They should have been whipped and told to SUBMIT to the will of the GOVERNMENT!

Frelling idiocy!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I didn't call it racist, but some of the comments in this thread seemed racially motivated.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The very fact that we are even having this discussion shows how far into the gutter America has sank...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thinline
The American Flag should not be worn per the US Flag Code.
en.wikipedia.org...

With that being said, wow, that guy is teaching kids. Basically, the teacher is saying that the Americans kids should be embaressed and are bad people for rocking their flag...

Thet does not mean they cant wear a LOGO of the US flag. That article and code literally means "WEARING THE AMERICAN FLAG" as in taking a REAL american flag and making it into clothing.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by tauempire]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
By the way, one of the kids that got in trouble was half MEXICAN....

How's that for a twist of irony?

none at all, stupidity has no race. if anything, it's only further exemplifies how little these kids understand about what's going on.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

The principal should be charged with TREASON! Plain and simple. I've never heard such a thing as an American being removed from school for wearing the American flag, or sporting it in any way!

If I was there, in California, I would walk into the school, after being told my kid had to go home, wearing the American Flag... not just a small one, but a full sized one as a shaw!

SCREW CALIFORNIAN POLITICS. It is in the USA and should NEVER bar a child from going to class/school for wearing the COLORS OF OUR COUNTRY! Again, screw that school and Californian politics!

Grrrr.... this just grinds my gears!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Hey man, no worries... I am old. I was in high school in the 90s brother, by virtue of that fact alone I am out of touch with high school kids, much like adults at the time were out of touch with me
Just don't like being called out on it.

I know where you're coming from, I was living in El Paso for a while when I was in school... I was playing on my own experience because even the hispanics I hung out with never made a big deal about it. Had one friend who used to call it Gringo De Mayo... I thought that was funny as hell.

Just saying it seems like everyone was making a big deal out of this, so IMO everyone should've been left alone with their dorky flag attire or everyone should have been sent home to change it.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Originally posted by tauempire

How can any of you be on here siding with the school??

I can, and quite easily. School is for learning, not to put out any sort of political statement.

AND WE CANT FLY OUR NATIONAL FLAG??!! BECAUSE WE HURT SOME TEENAGERS FEELINGS?

Teenagers only get to be teenagers once. They should be enjoying probably the only "freedom" they will ever get, before they are in the system droning away like all of their parents.

why? does that sound right to you??

These kids were out, in my opinion to cause trouble. If you think they are so patriotic, how many of them are is ROTC programs? They probably brought the opinions of their parents to school, and nothing more. How many of them are looking towards military enlistment and careers?

Quit trying to make this out to be a political issue, when it was in a school, where children are there, to learn.

I'm sure the school still had the American flag hanging out front, and in some of the classrooms.

Let kids be kids, without this crappola! Soon enough, they will all be in the system, for real!

Are you insane? and so a teenager cant wear the flag of there NATIONAL country? i see you dont say anything when little mexican brats run around with mexican flags and apparel.

Do you guys see what kind of problem this will make in the long run?

You have little teenagers over here LOYAL TO MEXICO!! And its got to the point where we cant wear a shirt with the american flag...IN AMERICA!!

HOW CAN ANY OF YOU NOT SEE THIS!!

YOUR ALL PC PEOPLE!

we are becoming TOO tolerant.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Whatever you say. I refuse to get into a childish flame war with you, I am an American by birth, heritage, and commitment. And as an American I will still gladly stand between You and any threat foriegn or domestic.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
I'd like to hear the students give an interview on camera and tell the WHOLE story of what type of things were said by faculty. I think the picture painted would even seem worse than already is.

And I would like to hear the whole story about the kids wearing antagonizing t-shirts on a specific day.

In fact, lets interview them all, side by side, so we can get the whole ball of wax!

antagonizing t-shirt...ARE YOU INSANE?? THIS IS AMERICA!!! OUR COUNTRY....OUR FLAG!!

I dont care if its cinco da what ever...ITS AMERICA! The stars and stripes is our flag....and some PC little mexican teenagers are offended and we bow down??

what is wrong with this country?

It wont be too long before it will be illegal to be american in this country....you reap what you sow you PC wackjobs.

They are on AMERICAN SOIL. In a AMERICAN school.THEY are SUPPOSE to swear loyalty to the united states....BUT THEY ARE LOYAL TO MEXICO!!

How can you not understand this?

We have potential traitors and people who hate the very land they thrive on in our school system.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tauempire

I'm a reasonable person who can separate from criticism and insult. Everyone on here always uses the reverse race card (which is claiming someone is using the race card in an attempt to make them look petty) but I know that won't be applicable when I tell you that everything you are saying doesn't matter at all because you're racist. These kids probably could give two craps about the flag or anyone else's RIGHT to express themselves and you're making them out to be some hero.

I'm a "mexican brat", sir, and I hope someday you will change your stance or at least make yourself known without being a total POS, thank you and have a wonderful day.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAFJetTech

I am an American by birth, heritage, and commitmentor domestic.

I agree 100%. I took the same oath, brother, and I know what it's like to see the nation you swore to protect turn on you and throw # in your face for being a true blooded Patriot.

I say those kids just nail every other flag they see in school. I mean, reoprt it and make sure that if it's a flag of anykind, it be removed on the grounds that it is upsetting to have to look at another country's flag when my own is not allowed to be worn on my person

That, however, is the type of person I am. Screw with my rights, and I'll definitely screw with yours!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by USAFJetTech

You mean you'll stand between me and my corrupt government. You and your air force boys better pack a lunch because that day is fast approaching my friend!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Let me break it down for you folks(im sure you dont need it).

What exactly would they be trying to start by wearing the flag of the country they are citizens of, in a school funded by tax payers of that country, inside that country? And if someone takes offense to the flag of the country they currently occupy, shouldnt those people be living somewhere else and not using citizens money to get an education from that country?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join