It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Matter actually observational energy condensed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
What if matter is actually observational energy condensed?

OK here's me thinking behind this.

Matter it seems is a vibration. Vibrations = frequency

Observing a particle say a photon collapses it from a wave form (frequency) to a point of convergence that our 3D senses can actually see, feel etc.

The greater the act of observation the more collapsed particles there are. I.E. matter is transformed through the act of observation from a wave function to stuff!

The more and more something is observed the greater the accumulation of collapsed particles ie stuff or matter.

This leads me to think that gravity is actually the result of accumulated acts of observing over time.

The question is why does gravity or matter bend spacetime? Well I think it's because space is a constant medium and will bend to accomodate energy that has been observed. The reason gravity slows time is i think because time itself is an observable energy stream, so when time comes near the vicinty of matter it too begins to collapse or slow down in speed due I can only assume to the grip accumulated conscious energy has on time. In other words massive amounts of matter act like a tractor beam litterally pulling or sucking in time towards that which has been observed!

A good anology would be that its like driving your car down a straight road when suddenly a beautiful woman in a red dress comes into your field of awareness which causes you to swerve momentarilly. Being so beautiful she has been observed many times before (hense her solid appearance) and cars always slow down to see her! Were she not there you would have continued uninterupted in a straight line!

How does this all sound to you good folks?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
"Condensed observational energy." That actually sounds quite good. I think I know what you mean too, which is a surprise, (to me).
I've often wondered if gravity is consciousness itself, but you're suggesting it's what consciousness has already pondered on. Been there, seen it, got the t-shirt kinda thing? Am I making sense at all? lol

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Well, if e=mc^2 the energy is just mass times a huge number, so yes your right!

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream... Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks-

-E-

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
Well, if e=mc^2 the energy is just mass times a huge number, so yes your right!

No fair, you beat me to it.

Yes, if we follow the theory of relativity, Energy and Mass (matter) are interchangeable, according to basic algebra:

E=mc^2
E/m=c^2
:.
m=Ec^2

[edit on 6-5-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Well I'm definitely of the "life is but a dream" persuasion.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Good Post, It goes back to my philosophy that there is no experience, without the experiencer, .....

we are now finding out this is true on a physical level as well as philosophical.

Things exist as we see them, not as we want them to be, ... or as they used to be, .... but as we " know" them to be.

often times to completely change reality around you, you need only change your perception.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

enough said.

RIP Bill Hicks

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I dont know if it is but you sure make it sound good.
2ND

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
Yes, if we follow the theory of relativity, Energy and Mass (matter) are interchangeable, according to basic algebra:

E=MC^2
E/M=C^2
M=EC^2

Unless :. represents, "and then a miracle occurred", you might want to check your math there.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrDesolate

Originally posted by nik1halo

E=MC^2
E/M=C^2
M=EC^2

Unless :. represents, "and then a miracle occurred", you might want to check your math there.

Ooo, embarrasing, I meant m=E/c^2.

Been a long day.

I've got an honors degree in Computer Science, I can write complex algoriths with my eyes closed, and code in 3 languages, but this simple algebra got past me.... I hang my head in shame :shk:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

Sometimes I help my kid with algebra, but have difficulty balancing the checkbook.

Go figure.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by pharaohmoan
How does this all sound to you good folks?

Some parts make sense and some parts don't make sense.

Paraphrasing E=mc^2 into words is true but of course everyone already knew that, as well s the fct that matter can be expressed as a wave function.

But just because some wave functions collapse when observed doesn't mean this is true:

Originally posted by pharaohmoan
The greater the act of observation the more collapsed particles there are. I.E. matter is transformed through the act of observation from a wave function to stuff!

The more and more something is observed the greater the accumulation of collapsed particles ie stuff or matter.

This leads me to think that gravity is actually the result of accumulated acts of observing over time.

You are a victim of the widespread misunderstanding that Wikipedia talks about:

en.wikipedia.org...

It is a widespread misunderstanding that, when two slits are open but a detector is added to the experiment to determine which slit a photon has passed through, then the interference pattern no longer forms and the experimental apparatus yields two simple patterns, one from each slit, superposed without interference. Such a result would be obtained only if the results of two experiments were superposed in which either one or the other slit is closed. However, there are many other methods to determine whether a photon passed through a slit, for instance by placing an atom at the position of each slit and monitoring whether one of these atoms is influenced by a photon passing it. In general in such experiments the interference pattern will be changed but not be completely wiped out. Interesting experiments of this latter kind have been performed with photons[7] and with neutrons.
so it's possible to observe without collapsing the wave function, it depends on how the observations are made.

And this paragraph in your OP sounds more like metaphysics than physics:

The question is why does gravity or matter bend spacetime? Well I think it's because space is a constant medium and will bend to accomodate energy that has been observed. The reason gravity slows time is i think because time itself is an observable energy stream, so when time comes near the vicinty of matter it too begins to collapse or slow down in speed due I can only assume to the grip accumulated conscious energy has on time. In other words massive amounts of matter act like a tractor beam litterally pulling or sucking in time towards that which has been observed!

especially the use of the term "conscious" in front of energy, I never hear physicists talk about conscious energy, only metaphysics folks, and there's a separate forum for metaphysics, this science and technology forum isn't the correct forum for that.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrDesolate
reply to post by nik1halo

Sometimes I help my kid with algebra, but have difficulty balancing the checkbook.

Go figure.

I've got a friend who's got a degree in maths, applied maths and statistics. He sucks at mental arithmetic. It's like, the more advanced stuff pushes the easier stuff out!

As I said, I've got a computer science degree. I'm still trying to get my head around Windows 7!!!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Don't worry nik1halo, when I took Calculus II it was ALWAYS the algebra I would screw up on!

-E-

[edit on 6-5-2010 by MysterE]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pharaohmoan

"A good anology would be that its like driving your car down a straight road when suddenly a beautiful woman in a red dress comes into your field of awareness which causes you to swerve momentarilly. Being so beautiful she has been observed many times before (hense her solid appearance) and cars always slow down to see her! Were she not there you would have continued uninterupted in a straight line!

How does this all sound to you good folks? "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Interesting although im not a Mathematician nor Metaphysics
expert I sorta see it this way

NSG52
Conscious were there is reality hence sub conscious there is reality through mass collections of energy vibrations where time is non existent. In the subconscious where it is a fractional crystallization of thoughts received by mass energy flux at uncontrolled speed thus creating scrambled frequencies to others who attempt to receive. Another words no one can perceive what the perceiver does it’s it in fact in unique every time we receive. So the observers (me, you, or them) of the women in the red dress that comes into their field of awareness would not all necessarily find her attractive and momentarily swerve they each would have their own observations and responses who is to say who would swerve momentarily

[edit on 6-5-2010 by NorthStargal52]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

"The most probable medium filling all space is one consisting of
independent carriers immersed in an insulating fluid." (1)

from memo
Flunking the Debunker
the footnote belonging to:

1. T. C. Martin, The Inventions, Researches and Writings of Nikola
Tesla; Lecture before the Institution of Electrical Engineers, London
(1892).

If there are electrical carriers there should be some mass.
Pushing the mass together makes more and bigger and heaver mass.

This also might explain alpha particles becoming Helium atoms by
attaching electrons from this mass that is available.

Many other things accordingly as well as pressure waves made by
electricity.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
My thought is that matter is sort of spinning energy, which is why it can have a specific location as well as be a containment of [a lot of] energy.

Which is sort of like a condensation. Wrapping energy around a single point to come up with 'matter'.

The trick with spin is that an object can have multiple spin axises but they can not be the same speed or they cancel each other out. So the simply notion of spinning the speed of light on two axises doesn't work, but if one splits that up among 3 axises [perhaps in neat 1/3rds of total spin],

x1^a * x2^b * x3^c = C^2 &
2a = b &
3a = c

(is that the correct algebra?)
[should it be C^a * C^b * C^c = C^2 ?]
[a+b+c=2;2a=b;3a=c]

I don't imagine that correlates to 3 physical dimensions, but who knows?

Spin might also have sort of a gyroscopic effect which i think would work as a resistance to movement, & might translate as mass? ~shrug~

Hey you have to throw stuff out there sometimes,
every once in a while you might get an accidental 'hit'.

Edit:
maybe more concise,
C^a*C^b*C = C^2 & perhaps
a = 1/3; b = 2/3
C^(1/3)*C^(2/3)*C = C^2

[edit on 6-5-2010 by slank]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by slank

Well i'm of the opinion that matter has at it centre a mini black hole as proposed by Nassim Harmein. And that the universe acts much like my avatar.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Mass is condensed energy, yes. This is true.

Now what are the implications if energy is compressed space time?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Mass is condensed energy, yes. This is true.

Now what are the implications if energy is compressed space time?

I don't know. I find that theory much harder to swallow simply because i believe there to be space outside of our universe minus the time. I don't think one can compress spacetime accept under certain conditions now if you are saying that spacetime is compressed in a since atom then i don't think compressed is the right word. I'd be more inclined to think that it is much more complex than that in that energy contains an image of the whole within it, ie is holographic. Hmm OK maybe that is the same as saying what you are implying perhaps! Yes i'm beginning to think it might well be.

OK if that were the case then what we are saying here is that there is no such thing as energetic seperation. You see that makes sense to me. But then what makes up the stuff inbetween energy, surely space-time cannot be totally 100% inbued with energy! OK now i gone in the other direction again and not sure!

Why can you shed any light on this hypothesis?

top topics

join