It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange beam of light over a field in night...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Years later when I was in college, I spoke with my dad for the first time about my experience as a boy in the desert. He mentioned that the Marine Corps was testing tactical nuclear weapons' delivery systems at the base at that time. He was a major in charge of the howitzer testing of the W33 prototype. They did not use nukes of course, just tested dummy loads with the same flight charateristics. He said there had been a number of UFO sitings at that time.

There is more to his story but I don't want to appear to be a nut-job.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oxize

If you look closely at 1:08 seconds, the beam is moving from left to right. At that point its still wide at all places, above and below. At 1:18 / 1:20 its getting thinner and thinner with same wide below and top again.

And where do you see, where the beam gets wider from below to top. I dont see it. Maybe i need some glasses.
[edit on 6-5-2010 by Oxize]

You don't see it get wider, that's my point as to why it's not a torch, a torch has neither the power nor the focus so will spread instantly unless it has a focus lens but even then over that distance the beam would widen.

But take a proper spotlight on low cloud and possible mist and the beam will maintain thickness for a much further distance. Remember spots can be focused or expanded.

As for the breaks in the beam, well as with all beams of light it needs something to get in it's way to give it a form, I'd imagine it's quite misty but mist moves in banks so what's in the beam can suddenly move making breaks in the beam to the eye.

You have no need for Specsavers yet

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Jrags

I spoke with my wife last night to refresh details of the event (which are somewhat clouded by all the years that have passed). Here is more of her experience from the 60's (remember she was a kid at the time):

The first light circle she saw was white and maybe a foot in diameter. She compared it to 'looking for nightcrawlers' as they did sometimes with flashlights. The light circle was moving around as if looking for something in the lawn. Several minutes later the white light went off and then a green circle appeared. And then another circle appeared that was yellow (at the same time as the green). Upt to 3 or so circles at a time started appearing and disappearing on the ground. She could see the multi colored effect in the low clouds overhead but there was no beams of light --- just circles on the ground. Finally the lights started changing colors more quickly and moving more quickly on the ground and kind of blending together. This is the point where she saw the lights in the cloud begin to move away... very quickly. And then they stayed in that spot for awhile and moved again.

She watched this video and said the way the clouds were lit-up reminded her of what she saw but that there was no beam. Maybe if there had been fog a beam would have been evident.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
This is incredible... footage of a crop circle being made, with a beam of light from an alien ship. What more evidence do people need! This is incredible.

Yet some people still don't believe, still calling them fakes / cgi. I bet these people have no idea of the way the stems are bent, the energy within the crops, all the elements that point towards a non-manmade event.

It's just like showing a caveman a microwave oven - they would regard it as magic and disbelieve it. Here we are with it right in front of our eyes - the first UK crop circle of the year - in a sacred place (Old Sarum) with its history and importance to the ancients, the witnesses who saw everything happen, and also the presense of the military helicopters checking the place out soon afterwards.

What more evidence do you need?

This is a historic event. I mean.. people couldn't believe that the DOW could lose (and regain *cough*) 1000 points in a matter of minutes - why is it so hard to believe that an intelligently-controlled beam of light carved an imprint into a landscape famously-associated with such activity?

Come on guys, star and flag this, share the video and the link to cropcircleconnector with the aerial pic of the circle, email it to everyone you know, Twitter it.. share it with your Facebook friends - it's THAT important.

There is an excellent report of the strange happenings HERE - let's get this going viral on Facebook, folks!

[edit on 7-5-2010 by RiotComing]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc

Erm, it's a spotlight on the ground aimed up at the clouds..

How do I know, well the beam is brighter nearer the ground than it is to the cloud so the source must be coming from the ground. The glow in the cloud is just the camera picking up the lit up cloud.

Lastly and far more obvious is that the beam comes from one non moving source on the ground, the beam on the ground never moves but where's its hitting the clouds it does

Aka someone shining a spotlight up into the clouds all over the place...

From 1:00 to about 1:20 you can see the beam move behind the trees to the field at right at the ground level. Therefore a static arc light would be ruled out, unless it was mounted to a vehicle traveling on a distant road near the fields.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508

She watched this video and said the way the clouds were lit-up reminded her of what she saw but that there was no beam. Maybe if there had been fog a beam would have been evident.

I find it intesting that your wife did not see a beam either. All these years I thought the reason was the clear desert air. Now I am beginning to think it was something else, perhaps a teleport beam or something. I still can't get it outa my head, it was a very strange event.

Given our experience, I am beginning to think the video in this thread is not the same situation. It just does not fit the situation we experienced.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Jrags]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by order in chaos

that's a ground based search/spot light pointed upwards towards the clouds; that's why the beam is brighter near the ground

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join