It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange beam of light over a field in night...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
It takes a while before the beam of light is visible in the video. This video was captured in the night time. Although the light source in the sky gets obfuscated by the clouds for some moments, the beam of light remains more or less intact throughout the video. The light source is also apparently covering some distance in the sky. I would also like to say that I came across this video over the internet and thought to share it with fellow ATSers.

Beam of light

Peace
[edit on 6-5-2010 by order in chaos]

[edit on 6-5-2010 by order in chaos]

None FB link - here.

[edit on May 6th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Nice Find! S&F

i simply dont know what that could be
, first thing came to mind was maybe moonlight coming down from a hole in cloud but still...
would that show up like that on night vision?

that looks amazing and weird

[edit on 6-5-2010 by zoomer72]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by order in chaos

interesting. were you able to see the light without night vision at all? about how far from the light source were you and did you try going to were the light source was coming from?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Well that was weird, it doesn't look like night vision but more thermal vision.

If it was filmed at night why can I see the clouds ?? hhhmm.

could it had been a spotlight or lighthouse ?? the " beam" appears more intense near the ground. and the " light" in the sky is just that, light reflecting off of the clouds.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I am curious if you were able to walk to the area on the other side of the hill where the beam was hitting the ground.

I thought for a while the light was coming from the ground..but when I looked at the video again, it appears that it is coming from the sky. At one point it seems there is some object visible in the clouds.

That is a really strange one.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Yeah, that was definitely thermal using white/grey... I have several of those Flir units that do the same thing at work... I often take them outside and gaze at the sky with them.. You can most definitely see the clouds in the pitch black of night when using the thermal.. It's quite strange looking actually!

Very cool video! I dunno what that could be! .. Shining a light up in to the clouds would produce a more illuminated haze in the clouds. That one seems to be coming from an isolated area. Very cool indeed!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This video can be found here with a little more info.

www.cropcirclewisdom.com...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
That beam looked pretty steady from my perspective. If it had be wobbling or moving from side to side a bit, I would have said perhaps helicopter searchlight, but in my opinion there isnt the movement I have come to expect from such things. I wonder if there is any information about the actual site that the beam was illuminating? Is there any disturbance of the natural order at the location?
Further to that question, I find myself in concordance with other posters in wondering if the beam would have been visible with an unaugmented camera, or indeed the naked eye.
I very much doubt that this was mere moonlight. This being a thermal assisted shot, there would be no reason for moonlight to be so clear, as it contains virtualy no heat to speak of , and wouldnt register on such a device. Certainly not in such a defined manner at any rate.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I was glad to see this posted. My wife had an experience when she was fairly young that has haunted her. Her older brother was a witness. She went outside her house to the front yard at night (she thinks maybe around 8pm or so). She then noticed a colored light circle appear on the ground. Other circles also appeared of various colors. She said that they moved almost as if they were looknig for something on the ground. The sky was overcast with clouds and she said she could see the colored areaes where the beams came through the clouds. The illuminated area of clouds moved northward from her location but not in a steady manner. It would move some, stop and then move again. It was at this point that she called for her brother. He saw it and said that it was 'probably northern lights'. We are WAY too far south for those and, of course, they wouldn't be visible through the clouds (let alone on the ground in circles).

Just thought I'd share.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
To me that looks like one of them powerful torches shining up from the ground i could be wrong but that's what it looks like to me.

If you look you can see it's brighter at the bottom then gets fainter till it hits the cloud just my opinion.

THANKYOU

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Nice CGI Fake Video.

Funny how some of you believe its a beam of light

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Erm, it's a spotlight on the ground aimed up at the clouds..

How do I know, well the beam is brighter nearer the ground than it is to the cloud so the source must be coming from the ground. The glow in the cloud is just the camera picking up the lit up cloud.

Lastly and far more obvious is that the beam comes from one non moving source on the ground, the beam on the ground never moves but where's its hitting the clouds it does

Aka someone shining a spotlight up into the clouds all over the place...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mars1
To me that looks like one of them powerful torches shining up from the ground i could be wrong but that's what it looks like to me.

If you look you can see it's brighter at the bottom then gets fainter till it hits the cloud just my opinion.

THANKYOU

I didn't see your post until I had typed mine but yes, that's exactly how you know it's coming from the ground up. I doubt tho that it's a torch as the beam has no shake to it, I'd say a spotlight and quite a large one at that as the beam is very wide and stays that way, a torch would be small and spread wide..

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Nice CGI Fake Video.

And what clues do you see that make it CGI?

I'm pretty clued on on 3D Max and Maya and there's no reason to suspect them or even after effects unless you count the thermal effect which I'm pretty sure is real...

Not everything posted is cg...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I just joined today so I could post a comment on the above subject.

When I was 8years old, I lived on a Marine Corps base named Twentynine Palms in the Mohave desert. One evening, my folks took me to a nearby house in the desert so they could play bridge. We kids were told to play outside in the surrounding desert. It was a clear, beautiful evening.

I remember to this day, how clear the night sky was, and the plethora of stars. While we were playing, some distance from the house, a 20 ft. wide illuminated area appeared near us. This illuminated area was almost circular and obviously came from above. But because the air was so clear, you could not see a beam of light. There was no helicopters above us, and no cars on nearby hillsides. The light seemed to be seaching for us. I and the others were very, very frightened and ran. The beam kept searching for maybe 5 minutes then disappeared.

To this day I have wondered what this light was. The source had to be very high in the night sky or it would have stood out. What is weird is that in very clear conditions, light beams are virtually invisible and it is hard to find a source if that source blends in with the stars.

The experience has haunted me for many, many years (I am 59 now.)

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Nice CGI Fake Video.

And what clues do you see that make it CGI?

I'm pretty clued on on 3D Max and Maya and there's no reason to suspect them or even after effects unless you count the thermal effect which I'm pretty sure is real...

Not everything posted is cg...

Its a flash light trick, afterall if it was real why is the video so grainy sand? and Oh above it of all,

Its an flash trick i believe maya could have been used in this youtube production.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
If you so true about that, give us some science proof about it. I am not 100% sure about that.

If you look closely at 1:08 seconds, the beam is moving from left to right. At that point its still wide at all places, above and below. At 1:18 / 1:20 its getting thinner and thinner with same wide below and top again.

And where do you see, where the beam gets wider from below to top. I dont see it. Maybe i need some glasses.

And btw at the end of the video most part is out of focus, which gives weird optical effects.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Oxize]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jrags

Jrags... rread my post about half-way down the page. My wife experienced something somewhat similar to your exprience. How many light-circles did you see? What size?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Just one. As I mentioned, it seemed to be searching in a slow arc. We were convinced it was searching for us kids.

What I still cannot understand fully, is why we could not immediately identify the source. The beam was very intense, much more so then a search light. Bushes and shrubs had no shadows as I recall - which added to the fear factor.

It took me a while to compose my first post so I did not see your post about your wife's experience. The light I saw was not multi-colored; it was almost white.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jrags

Weird. My wife has also carried that fear her whole life. She was maybe 9 when it happened. And she, too, felt as if it was looking for something and she becasme afraid that she was that something. But in her case there were multiple (2 or 3 at a time) spots that slowly moved away... always scanning the ground randomly but with intent.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join