It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Rocker Jailed for Cannibalism

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
am I the only one who now wants to hear this guys music?

oh and the rapper Big Lurch did the whole murder/cannibalism thing in the 00's

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by markygee
I have 2 kids, a 10yr old boy and a 5 yr old girl, what would be a "good" punishment we can all aprove for someone who killed a 16yr old girl and then ate her?

The justice system will hopefully mete out the maximum penalty allowable for such a heinous crime. What is not appropriate is the medieval torturous punishment fantasies doled out by a vigilante mindset in the name of justice.

I agree with you in principal but if it was to happen to my kids I might fall foul of my baser instincts I try to suppress I imagine.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

ugh ugh ugh.

Life imprisonment - actually kill the buggers.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
omg that is crazy!

vodka is a hell of a drug.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
Man we gonna have to get you a mailing list so you can send them holiday cards and christmas cookies, as well as protect them from our " revenge fantasie's "

did you even read the article ?? Their justice system already sentenced them to 18 years, .... so thats appropriate while " fantasie's" are not right ??

I'd hate to see you get mugged man, handing over all of your money and car key's while apologizing for social inequalities and inviting them over to have a drum circle and eat tofu pizza.

You have the intellectual depth of a mud puddle. Please feel free to the opinion that I have sympathy for these murderers, as posting as such reveals your poor comprehension skills and the incentive for others to avoid you in the hopes of intelligent exchange.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by UberL33t
Seriously though, they do not even come close to comparing with one another.

Sorry but someone's prison rape fantasies with broken glass is indeed sick and disturbing. I guess it's okay to openly admit your demeneted, disturbing, medieval torture fantasies if it's in the name of "justice".

I call this transference, and it’s seen a lot here on ATS, where some rather very isolated and random case of violence becomes a cause célèbre to emotionally vent pent up and repressed frustrations that manifest themselves in first condemnation and then intricate violent fantasies of vengeance and ‘justice’ that so embrace the macabre the original crime seems pale in comparison.

Thus proving it is only fear of authority and similar condemnation and punishment and not any true difference in morality that separates the condemned from those doing the condemning.

Of course looking at the deeper questions regarding the human psyche this phenomenon begs to be addressed, is more than most people using emotional transference are prepared to contemplate, but I for one commend you on being a voice of reason.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Thus proving it is only fear of authority and similar condemnation and punishment and not any true difference in morality that separates the condemned from those doing the condemning.

I agree wholeheartedly. The macabre mentality of a criminal is only separated from law-abiders by his criminal action. Once the criminal is caught and caged does the similar mentality emerge from "righteous" people. The notion of justice makes equally horrible thoughts and actions somehow acceptable.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Yet these perversions and skewered ideas of justice are not really acceptable, unless you are in fact simply looking to perpetuate and entrench a culture of violence.

At some point people might be wise to consider, murder sanctioned by the state, is no more moral and no less murderous, than murder committed as an abhorrent reaction of the individual.

People are in fact trained to accept and even embrace murder when it is sanctioned by the state, and even offered as a pseudo form of entertainment in how that murder is carried out. Whether it is a televised execution of a criminal, or a televised aerial bombardment by war planes, showing us in clean black and white lines the murder of others and the destruction of their property, we are trained by the state, to consider such violent means an acceptable and at times preferable alternative to coping with others.

Is it therefore any surprise when the individual acts in such a fashion without the sanction of the state?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Is it therefore any surprise when the individual acts in such a fashion without the sanction of the state?

It's no so much a surprise to me but often it is surprising to those you point it out to.

I've somewhat recently changed my mind about capital punishment to that which basically mirrors your above-stated views: it is not moral nor ethical for the state to execute human beings, despite the heinous crimes they commit. I used to be highly in favor of it but had never really thought deeply about the issue. The only morally justifiable killing of another human could only occur when attempting to preserve one's own life.

Still, vengeance and the desire for it is a strong component of the human mind. When people reveal it, it becomes understandable how many of the Roman and medieval tortures came into being.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join