It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio State Code - Missing Links on website?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
My girlfriend recently had some legal action against her(will keep it private) and I wanted to look into the laws for the state she lives in so that we both can better know what exactly happened and to better prepare for the court dates.

Unfortunately I couldn't find the Title about police. I am sure it is somewhere but apparently it isn't online.
I then suddenly noticed omitted Titles, there aren't even web pages for them. Why is this??

I can go to the Code of my home state Virginia and swiftly find the Title I want with no problems and no omitted sections.

Either I am completely ignorant to how to use Ohio's(confusing and annoyingly large print and format) web pages on its laws or there is something going on that I am now recently being aware of.

Why are Titles missing from the Code pages? If someone can find them(if it is my error) or help explain why sections are missing I will greatly appreciate it!

codes.ohio.gov...
-Ohio Revised Code(as of March 18, 2010) and Ohio Administrative Code(as of January 1st, 2010)
--Notice how it says "All statutes of a permanent and general nature of the state.." for the ORC and how not "all" are there.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
It may be that the missing titles have been repealed. My state leaves the link, but changes the title of it to "Repealed".

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Jenna]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
This is the state code, usually sections get repealed and even if whole sections have, there is usually links to see what has been repealed and when.

It does annoy me that I cannot find any section on Police laws. I know it isn't the only section missing but I have looked all over the site and Googled for any results. As I said, even the webpages these sections would be in don't exist!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Here is the section on police from the administrative code. (Ohio law refers to them as Peace Officers.) It's mostly about training and things like that though. I can't seem to find anything in the revised code.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Jenna]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Of course I saw that but it is about training and such, not so much arrest procedures and the like.

This is getting annoying, why are these pages missing?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Thanks very much!! I wish the website was a lot easier to read... Virginia's is just so clean and precise that trying to sift through this one was just insanity!! xD

Thanks once again!

(and now to try to fix my eyes from melting after trying to read those webpages)

[edit on 5/6/2010 by TheBloodRed]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBloodRed

No problem.

And while I'm thinking about it, you can change the size of the text on their pages by going to View --> Zoom in your web browser (in firefox, can't remember if the option is called the same thing in IE) or by holding in ctrl and scrolling up or down with your mouse wheel.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Thanks for that. No idea why the default formatting is so odd. My eyes hurt from reading as most of the stuff is just big blocks of incoherent text and it messes with my eyes.

Thanks for you help.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
You will come to find, that if you read enough of Ohio's laws, that they have very little to do with following the Constitution (US or Ohio). Ohio is, at best, tyrannical about its laws.

Just one, of many, reasons that Ohio is called the Communist State.

top topics

join