It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawaii governor announces 'exact' place of Obama birth. No wonder there is confusion!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Ah, my mistake then. I thought your entire post was directed at me.

It would be splitting hairs a bit, but it's not entirely unreasonable to think she may have just gotten carried away and exaggerated a bit when referencing the initial press release.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by knows_but_doesnt

2) Why all the people that say he was born in Kenya, including family members and Gov officials? If it looks like a chicken, tastes like a chicken....

Well this is soooo easy to determine after all his mother was white and would have stuck out like a sore a thumb in Kenya!!!

Try and determine which hospital admitted a pregnant white US citizen.......

Personally I think that situation is exceptionally unlikely.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

This place needs to be "cleansed" of all the damn tattletales. Grow up and defend yourself. If you respond negatively.. I am going to report you. Damn my 3 year old has more self pride!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Probably got carried away, but still the WRONG TOPIC to exaggerate about or take liberties with the facts. She just might end up on a conspiracy website

After listening to her interview I get the feeling that her personality and disposition hasn't helped the controversy any.

Exaggeration, carelessness, miss-speaking...whatever, it wasn't the truth and I'd expect her to be more aware of how those things can egg on people looking for any crumb to magnify....

Wait...maybe that was her plan! She is GOP after all!! Maybe she discredited herself on purpose to give the birther movement fuel!!!

JK...peace

[edit on 6-5-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
reply to post by K J Gunderson

The lie is that he spent millions in defens of THIS TOPIC.

You claim Obama has spent a large amount of money to cover up his birthplace. Just wondering if you have a legit source for that information.

Gorehound, I love you dear but you need to read that again. He said "the lie is". He's saying it's a lie Obama has spent millions defending himself from birthers. You've got to go back a bit to see where it comes up but that's what he meant.

Funny thing is, the rest of his post was about taking things out of context. Talk about a misread. My bad!!!
Thank you for actually clarifying this up.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
B. H. Obama Jr. was not born there Barry was born there. I wish these people who are lying for Obama would get their stories correct. Barry was born in Hawaii not B.H. Obama Jr.

B.H.Obama Jr. did not show up on the scene until Obama was in his late teens. By the way I don't think Obama is using Jr. So the lies continue.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandmannc40
B. H. Obama Jr. was not born there Barry was born there. I wish these people who are lying for Obama would get their stories correct. Barry was born in Hawaii not B.H. Obama Jr.

B.H.Obama Jr. did not show up on the scene until Obama was in his late teens. By the way I don't think Obama is using Jr. So the lies continue.

Wow. I can't believe I find myself missing the birthers who at least know their butt from a hole in the ground.

According to his birth certificate here:
www.factcheck.org...

And the OB who delivered him and commented specifically on the uniqueness of his name...here:
www.snopes.com...

Not to mention family, birth announcements etc..

He was born Barrack Hussein Obama II

Now WTF are you talking about?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Barry Soetoro is his real name. Barry prank called a radio station and used the name Barry. Here is the phone call. Youtube link

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Isnt this a little Gangster?? Worrying about where this puppetman was born or "from" as his wife says, anyways it doesnt matter like I said Puppet.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
There is always so much forced separation and judgment in these Obama citizenship threads...

Some of us legitimately want the truth! It doesn't matter if I'm Democrat or not, it doesn't matter if I like him or not, and it doesn't matter if a person is racist - it's a stupid argument to claim some false reason for why people want truth in a matter of legality concerning our President.

He's charismatic but his agenda hurts the people (sorta like Hitler)
so what. I'm just semi-curious about the truth when it comes to this argument.

Thank you! Why can't the SouthernGuardian's and K J Gunderson's of the world understand this? You people get on your high horse and spout off at the mouth that anyone who questions his legitimacy is his enemy or has an agenda to get him out of office. Oh yeah, I'm a tea party loon or a conservative republican that just wants him gone. Or maybe I'm a closet racist who just doesn't like a black guy in power. Yeah there are people like this out there but you really need to stop characterizing anyone who brings up the birther argument, on a conspiracy website, as being part of one of them.

I voted for the man because I liked his politics and appreciated the youth and enthusiasm he'd bring into the office. I'm also a liberal democrat and I just want the TRUTH! If it gets him impeached then so be it, I'll take my chances with Biden.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by BrokenVisage]

[edit on 6-5-2010 by BrokenVisage]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
The claim was not made by "some random doctor"...

Dr. Chiome Fukino is the director of the Hawaii Department of Health and Human Services, the office that retains, issues and VALIDATES birth records for Hawaii.

Haven't you noticed yet?

All the government/state officials that have already confirmed the authenticity and citizenship of Barack Obama have either been summarily dismissed as liars, paid off with some of the mysterious millions no one has proof Obama even spent, or simply reduced to the irrelevant status of "some guy".

Meanwhile, loony lawyers with online degrees and checkered pasts like the dentist Orly "we're all in Nazi Germany!" Taitz, or Phillip "the no proof-ethics violator" Berg, and other really random people that forward chain-mail to your inbox are trusted and respected sources of vital information.

In a debate where these colorful bozos are held up as the representatives of the truth behind the birther cause over the actual government and Hawaii State officials, it's best to just accept that you cannot present anything that would be considered remotely acceptable and take the entire debate with a grain of salt.

You can't debate or win this case because isn't in the real world, it's all mental but you can have fun poking at it with a stick.

Now excuse me while I go and void my U.S. citizenship by folding a copy of my birth certificate.

- Lee

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

What really caught my eye here was this, from the original article:

"This issue kept coming up so much in the campaign, and again I think it's one of those issues that is simply a distraction from the more critical issues that are facing the country. "So I had my health director, who is a physician by background, go personally view the birth certificate in the birth records of the Department of Health, and we issued a news release at that time saying that the president was, in fact, born at Kapi'olani Hospital in Honolulu, Hawaii."

Which brought to mind two questions.

According to my admittedly limited knowledge of the situation, nearly all, if not all, court cases to have Obama produce his birth certificate have been tossed out of court on the grounds that the petitioners had no legal standing to view the birth certificate. Yet, on a whim, this guy sends one of his underlings to take a look? What legal standing did he have to do that?

Second, we've been told repeatedly that Obama's birth certificate is posted online. We've even seen copies in this thread. Yet the one we see online doesn't list the hospital. So, either they lied when they said they checked the birth certificate and saw the hospital listed, or the one we see posted online is not his birth certificate. Which is it?

For the record, I don't doubt that Obama was born in Hawaii. But I do believe that there is something on the birth certificate in Hawaii that he doesn't want people to see. I have my guess as to what that is. I don't think it would disqualify him for POTUS, but I believe he thinks it may lose some voters for him.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
He's spent $2million in taxpayer funded lawyers, to hide his past.
The missus is spending $1million in taxpayer funds per year, for her 26 assistants.

So, when do they intend on paying us back their $3,000,000+ tab?

If she keeps her 26 assistants, they will have used more than $6,000,000 in taxpayer money for COMPLETELY PERSONAL GAIN. By the time his illegitimate term is over.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
reply to post by anon72

For the record, I don't doubt that Obama was born in Hawaii. But I do believe that there is something on the birth certificate in Hawaii that he doesn't want people to see. I have my guess as to what that is. I don't think it would disqualify him for POTUS, but I believe he thinks it may lose some voters for him.

oooohhh, interesting. too much titillation. you gotta share your theory. i mean his name (hussein ... what are the chances?), his father's heritage, having mixed parents, smoking the weed and all are things that i would think a presidential aspirant would fret over, though less now than in the recent past. what are you theorizing would trump these kinds of things ... that would be revealed on a birth certificate?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Aren't there much bigger issues to worry about other than the president's birthplace? All those brains can be used to fix something else imo.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracydude
Barack Obama is not legally a U.S. natural-born citizen according to the law on the books at the time of his birth, which falls between "December 24, 1952 to November 13, 1986." Presidential office requires a natural-born citizen if the child was not born to two U.S. citizen parents,

There is no statute law saying what a "natural born" citizen is, and there never has been.
According to the US constitution, 14th amendment, if you are born or naturalized in the US you are a citizen. Constitutionally, those are the only two ways of being a citizen. If you were born here you are not naturalized. If you are a citizen and not naturalized, what else can you be besides natural born? I would say that if someone is born abroad, as was McCain and holds his citizenship because of statute law, the law that says that children of american parents born abroad are american, that they count as having been naturalized at birth by working of law. But of course the Supreme Court could override the plain words of the constitution, as they so often do, and whatever they say is what counts under our present law.

If Barack Obama was born in Hawai'i, he is a natural born citizen. If he wasn't, he isn't. I believe he was.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
There's no way to convince "birthers" that President Obama was born in the United States. You could hand them a birth certificate and they would just claim it was fake and it must have been manufactured by the government

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
In all honestly, I could care less if he was born in America. I know I know, he's supposed to be born in America, but what if he turns this country around? (what if, not that he will). In my opinion, I think the whole having to be born in the U.S. isn't that great of an idea. I think that you should have to be a citizen for a certain amount of years though.

I just think it's crazy that if a man was fully capable of leading this country, he would not be allowed to because of the fact that he wasn't born here. Even if someone moved here one day after, it would still be illegal.

Honestly, the way things are now, it seems having to be born in America, increases the chances that the person will grow up influenced by the MSM.

I could care less if the president was born in Afghanistan. If he can run the country and make things better for everyone, he deserves that position. Just because a man wasn't born in that land, doesn't mean he can't learn the ways of that land.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Good Intentions]

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Good Intentions]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hadrian

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
reply to post by anon72

oooohhh, interesting. too much titillation. you gotta share your theory. i mean his name (hussein ... what are the chances?), his father's heritage, having mixed parents, smoking the weed and all are things that i would think a presidential aspirant would fret over, though less now than in the recent past. what are you theorizing would trump these kinds of things ... that would be revealed on a birth certificate?

Race. Think about it. A light-skinned child born to an unwed caucasian mother in 1961. My guess is that his race on the birth certificate says caucasian. Notice on the COLB it lists the race of the father and mother, but not the child. I bet that Obama wishes the hospital was listed on the COLB, because then none of this "birther" contraversy would be happening.

A stupid thing, I know. But when you consider that some people were stupid enough to vote for him solely because of his race, those same people would have just stayed home if they thought he was officially "caucasian".

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by knows_but_doesnt

1) Why so many names? Barey, Barrack, etc. Which was his name at birth, and why did he change, then change back? Regardless, that's shady in my books.

You really cannot understand how somebody named "Barack" might call himself or be called "Barry"? I suppose that you don't know how someone named William Jefferson Clinton could be called Bill, someone named James Earl Carter would be known as Jimmy, someone named Gerald Rudolph Ford would be known as Gerry, someone named Richard Milhaus Nixon would be known as Dick, someone named John Fitzgerald Kennedy would be known as Jack, and someone named Dwight David Eisenhower would be known as Ike?

As far as the name Soetero goes, that was his stepfather's name. Believe it or not, lots of people who have stepfathers, especially when they are young, occasionally use their stepfather's name, especially when the stepfather is the only daddy they have ever known. The President's abandoned the family when the President was two. My own last name is difficult to spell or pronounce correctly. I am middle aged and still use my stepfather's last name, "Noble", when I am making restaurant reservations or calling a cab. It's much simpler than spelling my real last name out. When I am asked my name in person and need to give the real one I just hand them my driver's license.

Speaking of Gerald Rudolph Ford, the only man ever to be appointed president, his birth name was "Leslie Lynch King, Jr." Gerald Rudolff Ford was his stepfather's name. He was never legally adopted by his stepfather but used "Gerald Rudolph Ford" all his life. He changed it legally in 1935, using the american spelling of Rudolph, when he was 22. If we'd have had the internet in 1974, no doubt people would still be saying "HE WASN'T THE PRESIDENT".

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join