It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water,the great mystery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Found this video and thought i would share it with you all,is very interesting from both a science and religous viewpoint,does water have awareness?hope you all enjoy

This film is about water, the most amazing yet least studied substance. From time immemorial, scientists, philosophers and theologians tried to understand its explicit and implicit properties, which are phenomenal, beyond the common physical laws of nature.~qoute from psychedelic adventure.blogspot.com

Link~www.youtube.com...

"Water is the driving force of all nature." ~ Leonardo da Vinci

regards to all

[edit on 02/05/10 by FeatheredSerpent]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Pretty cool video, although they are definitely making some unsubstantiated claims. I wish they would stick to the facts and not mix in hard scientific data with huge leaps of interpretation.

They show a cool crop growing experiment where one set of crops were given regular water, and another set "restructured" water. They claim that there is a huge difference, show comparisons of samples of crops from both sets. But they never say how they "restructure" the water, or give any finer detail. That sort of study could be huge, but the video only gives it about 2 minutes...

That's the vibe I got from the whole thing. Really fascinating material that could very well be true but not presented in a very convincing matter. Maybe I'm just a nerd and don't like being told how to interpret scientific data, I like looking at the facts and making my own conclusions =)

PS, your Avatar is one of the coolest I've seen yet on ATS. And I've seen a lot of cool ones.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FeatheredSerpent

Yeah great video, there is a lot we do not know about water yet. But I warn you This thread is going to get flamed
A lot of skeptics on here

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

The thing I am wondering how does water encode information? It has no neurons it is just a molecule? Does it encode information at the planck scale? Is so then this is only hypothesis at most?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

One of the answers can be Hydrogen bridge. It is quite unique to water (at least at common nature). The water movie is fascinating (even without hard evidence). I heard about this matter 20 years ago and I must say that research went forward. Now prayer before dinner make sense even for me - agnostic.
What can be truly amazing to put these water hypothesis together with Schumann resonance.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'd hate to beak it to everyone, but Dr. Emoto has been proven to be a fraud and has basically admitted to it. Water is cool in many ways but it's highly advisable to steer clear of Emoto.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
One of the woman in that documentary believes she is 12 thousand year's old and from another planet, I believed this for a long time, same as a i believed 'what the bleep do we know' (I still believe parts)

Bottom line, the people who made this documentary and what the bleep do we know are unstrustworthy and are as much as I hate this term, snake oil salesman

however, I am inclined to believe part's. the majority is pseudo, so sorry.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Mr Zeropoint]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Lol, you’re an atheist, of course anything that would consider being supernatural you think there is always an explanation. Even though I believe water is just water, you can’t think everything has an explanation for everything. Randi, has been proven a fraud but people still adore him, why can’t people adore Dr. Emoto.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Zeropoint

The thing is you got to take the interesting facts from the pseudo facts. Like the fact that crystals from the water in streams are highly symmetric compared to pressurized water. That is interesting as ever. There are pseudo facts in everything. Including pseudo science and pseudo skeptics. It is the persons own way to use there theory’s (even though not proven) to get their message across.

Also Dr. Emoto is not the only one who have done tests like this.

www.explorejournal.com...(06)00327-2/fulltext

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Maddogkull]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
you can’t think everything has an explanation for everything

I don't, actually. Elton John's Candle In The Wind is the best selling song of all time.

Seriously, there is no rational explanation for that.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Maddogkull:

you’re an atheist, of course anything that would consider being supernatural you think there is always an explanation.

I guess to me being what i consider myself to be 'atheist' [technically agnostic with most evidence -> zero god(s)] means i simply don't buy into all the plastic nonsense of organized religions.

I will also say that if there is a god(s) then i would even arbitrarily reject them/it, because their existence is inherently in opposition to my exercising of my [self-decided if necessary] free will.

It is certain that we don't understand even a microfraction of greater reality. According to astrophysicists we only have a good idea of 5% of the Universe [the part we are aware of, can 'see' in various EM spectra].

As a geometricist, there are an infinite number of dimensions that intersect with every point in our Universe & beyond. Our interactions are only with some 3D + time subset of the inherent, theoretic potential experiences.

Real factual science doesn't actually require that understanding be cloddy & dumb.
Real science includes the fragile & delicate & arguably more interesting.

Back to the thread topic, post incensed [teasing mostly].

Water is very polar. The positive & negative charges on an H2O molecule. So the negative ends of one molecule are very strongly attracted to the positive ends of the next. That is why water with lower mass atoms is much denser than O2, N2 & CH4, etc.

Polarity/differentiation is at the very heart of existence. Polarity, differentiation is at the very heart of identity. Neutrality is almost by definition indistinguishable anonymous context.
Polarity is perhaps more extreme in that there is a plus & its opposite minus.
Identity [identifiability] is technically empiric & neutral, but in a sense it is in opposition to its context [from which it arises].
To exist is in opposition to non-existence. Imagination [& some other things] is perhaps in between, because we experience it yet we don't consider it 'real', at least not in the material sense. It might even be a bleed over from the non-existent to the existent.
Non-existence must always always be far more full, rich & diverse than existence can even hope to begin to imagine.
In fact the passage of time requires that some not now existing pattern replace the current pattern of existence. We tend to think of existence as a fixed binary state, but in fact it is part of a continuity of transitory/changing time.

Polarity is like active differentiation because it has an anti or opposite form, usually in equal quantity. The interesting thing is that both sides of a given polarity are differentiated both from some neutral 'substance' as well as from the anonymous context all three forms are differentiated from. The pro[positive] & anti forms cancel &/or balance each other out.

Literal electric charge has forces of magnetism extend beyond the physically charged 'particles'.

Personal tangent rant follows:
We talk about vacuum as 'sucking' things like a vacuum cleaner, but in fact a vacuum cleaner operates on the 14 pounds per square inch of air pressure. If you remove that pressure one place & the other air rushes in to fill it. There is no 'sucking' involved, it is all pushing, air pushing.

Space vacuum is in fact neutral. The only way you get what most people call 'vacuum' [sucking] force would be with either electro-magnetism or gravity or perhaps some other force.

We identify life as [bio-]organized animation systems. Chemistry [chemical structure] defrays standard physical animation in ways so subtle & complex that we now argue about 'free will' & consciousness.

Anyway water, as per my understanding semi-locks into large quasi-molecules. There is probably a lot of wild magnetic storming, especially with warm, hot water. That is why it is a good universal [mild?] solvent. Because it is both solvent, yet mild it makes a kind of in between domain for manipulating organic [& other] chemistry. If you include freezing, wetting & drying you can create a lot of states that can be utilized to manipulate chemistry.

Now i theorize that a lot of what happens to us can be charted by the particular flow/formation of oxygen molecules we encounter/react with.
That might be partly applicable to water, except that it is faster, more subtle & less seemingly deterministic. In that where the particular breaks in the semi-molecules of configured water create activation/breaking/constructing points for chemicals/organic-molecules in the water.

One can leap & reach & stretch, & not without potential credibility that water is the source of all events of life, especially since it is where we believe all life on this planet arose.

Arguably all Earth life is an echo of water's design, but since water has already moved on to its next formulations it is hard to call it lasting intent in quite the way we think of human thought intent.

Odd related tangent:
I wonder if the micro vibrations of water expand in size as a wave into the water, until it intersects a chemical molecular reaction size. So to see into the future of water's directions we must look at the micro small & how an area of these expand & intersect to create identifiable, significant & perhaps useful events.
The future probably belongs to the immeasurably small.

top topics

join