It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldman allegedly Shorts Gulf days before Oil Rig incident.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
After being notified by a couple posters i decided to edit the post.

The link goes into about how it is a fake news story by a comedian, However this is where it gets weird after admitting its a fake.

At the end the article says that several shorts are being investigated by the sec.I don't know what to make of it.

This is an article you should read till the end because it fooled me as well.

In what is looming as another public relations predicament for Goldman Sachs, the banking giant admitted today that it made "a substantial financial bet against the Gulf of Mexico" one day before the sinking of an oil rig in that body of water.

______beforeitsnews/story/40185/No_joke:_Goldman_Sachs_shorted_Gulf_of_Mexico.html

[edit on 6-5-2010 by TaxpayersUnleashed]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Well lets just think about this for a minute, Goldman recently tanked and NOW they place a "bet" against The Gulf of Mexico ONE DAY before this oil disaster. The OP might be onto something....

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TaxpayersUnleashed

Did you read the article you posted?

This is a hoax.

It was a satire that Huffpo and Infowars got burned with.

Are you trying to further the problem.

From your own article-

Not being aware that the author, Andy Borowitz, is a comedian, scores of Internet sites ran with the story as being genuine.

Mods, mark as hoax please.

edit to add-Just because a couple people on the internet speculate that sabotage could be done, does not mean diddly squat.

This is a hoax if there is no proof. Any source for the shorts? Any proof whatsoever? No, then hoax it.

[edit on 5/6/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Wow this is really bizarre.

Read the Entire story at the OP.

First they conclude "its satire", because it's from Borowitz a very fishy writer.

Then, Dr. Ott supposedly confirms through various sources that Sachs actually did put shorts on TransOcean just prior to the incident.

So I cannot tell what is reality anymore. At this point we need more data before we can really make an accurate judgement.

I would like to know more about this Dr. Ott's sources.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

Mods, mark as hoax please.

[edit on 5/6/2010 by endisnighe]

No not yet.

Read the whole article, there is a conspiracy topic here.

It isn't as cut and dry as you are thinking. Just go read the ENTIRE page from the OP link.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

A. True Ott, Ph.D., wrote the following to me last night:

I have confirmed that there were indeed numerous "shorts" placed on TransOcean stock just days before the "problem".Was it Goldman Sachs? That is yet to be conclusively determined (there is indeed a SEC investigation ongoing) -- but labeling something as "satire" is a lawyer's shrewd trick to keep from being sued for slander -- even if it is all true.Moreover, there were massive shorts placed literally seconds after the news hit the airwaves.

Who would dare to quote the actual e-mails from "Fabulous Fab", unless the writer would post them as a "satire"- especially after what happened to the Wall Street Journal writers who dared expose the 9-11 short sales involving Goldman Sachs. (They were assigned to Afghanistan, and had fatal "accidents" there.)

Emphasis mine, link is in OP. Scroll down a good bit.

We may actually have a good conspiracy theory forming here. Something is really fishy, and it isn't just Borowitz and his crazy antics.

We need more data, and we need this Dr. Ott's sources

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
This is just another liberal hit piece with absolutely no proof to back it up.

The writer of this article claims that a mysterious Dr Ott has "two confirmed sources" proving that the Huffington Post comedy piece is actually true.

Dr. Ott has subsequently confirmed from two sources that Goldman Sachs was indeed in on the shorts being placed on TransOcean stock. And he has confirmed that the comedian was aware of that as well.

I could just as easily "confirm from two sources" that four of six naked, pimply kneed sextuplets just ran through my living room, without providing any evidence whatsoever.

The rest of the article is just a bunch of speculation and hype.

Later in the article, the writer, Allan Sterling, also makes his agenda perfectly clear.

In our interview with Dr. Ott yesterday, both Paul and myself pointed to the magnitude of this disaster as hopefully a death knell to the oil industry, spurring people to finally provide the support needed to get the myriad of free/renewable energy technologies that have been languishing into the marketplace.

Give me a break.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Maybe it is a hoax.
But there is no PROOF of that just yet.

Jumping the gun calling hoax is getting real commonplace. Why doesn't anyone bother to debunk things correctly these days?

Dr. Ott apparently writes for Rense a lot, as a quick google will reveal. He isn't that mysterious as google is packed with hits on this guy's name. And plenty of photos of him.

Lets find his email, ask for the 2 sources, and if he does not provide them within a few days, then you can label it HOAX.

We should give the guy time to provide these sources, and we should find his email and ask for them quickly.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I did read the entire thing.

The Dr. Ott crap I have read before. Google Dr. Ott.

Another conspiracy theorist. I like to theorize also. Does not make it true. It makes it a conspiracy.

Now, if the conspiracy is, that someone is trying to cause the downfall of all oil and spur on the escalation of further shortselling of certain oil companies, hence causing oil prices to sky rocket. Carry on, but when you start to bitch about $6/gal gasoline in about a month, and I have to pay the same, expect me to do some damn bitching.

If someone started shorting just after the accident, they are not criminal, they are smart.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I haven't been able to find his email, there is too many weird google results and I don't wanna dig all day over this guy lol.

If anyone can reference a hoax he has previously pulled (claimed a fact with no evidence only to turn out false) ; than we can put HOAX on this.

If this turns out to be his first officially proven HOAX; than his name will be tarnished with that title.

The man has his name on the line. He deserves a fair shot.

If he can be proven a Hoaxer, than his name is ruined as a credible person.

So that's why I asked for him to have a chance; because his name will be forever ruined by such an action.

Sorcha Faal is a name with little to no credibility, and any article from that name gets "HOAX" automatically. The only way a Sorcha Faal article can leave HOAX is if it is verified and proven as factual.

So let us give time and debunk this properly; by requesting this Dr Ott's sources. If he doesn't want to give them up; than by all means toss this worthless story in the garbage and hoax it.

But if he does have legit sources, well; Goldman will be in a really sticky situation.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join