It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Bug Exposes Private Chats

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Isn't the real lesson here that we all should accept that anything we post on the Net, is potentially open to everyone?

When I was in Forensics School, the instructor kept saying this.

"Don't post anything on the Internet, you would not put on a Billboard in your home town"

I personally think too many of our younger generation, my daughters included, post too much intensely personal information on FB and other such sites...

Semper

It is potentially open to anyone with a PC and an Internet connection, along with unorthodox hacker-like talent.

I personally think too many of our younger generation, my daughters included, post too much intensely personal information on FB and other such sites...

It's a form of a compulsive disorder, I think.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MBF
reply to post by ironfalcon

I use AVG too and I still think I have something in my computer. Every once in a while it just goes crazy opening up windows and the mouse pointer jumps all over the place. It also just freezes up and the mouse pointer will not move so I just have to turn it off. I can't log off or shut down. It's a pain in the rear end.

If the browser you are using is Internet Explorer, it may be the culprit, because it is notorious for inadvertently downloading viruses. I'd suggest you get Opera or Safari instead.

Otherwise, ensure that you regularly scan for viruses and download updates.

Also, if your operating system is Windows XP Service Pack 3, downloading updates via Automatic Updates is recommended. If it is Windows XP Service Pack 2 or earlier, well, forget about it, it is no longer supported.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join