It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ouija Board functionality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
How exactly does this board suppose to work? Ive actually messed around with it before in the past and me and my friend were both swearing to each other that we wasnt moving the centerpiece.

Is it some form of bodily energy that moves the piece?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I've read that the movement may be due to the subconscious doing the work a way to know is to stack a few small cards on top on the glass or object or what ever then place your fingers on top of it, if the top cards are moved ahead of the object then it is your subconscious that is actually dragging the object. which could actually be whats happening.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
its not supposed to work. dude its a scam unless you believe in ghosts and spirits playing chess games.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I have my reasons to believe there might be something to the Ouija board...but you can probably make contact other ways, as long as they want to contact you...the device doesn't really have to matter...

[edit on 6/5/10 by CHA0S]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
There are sooo many ouija board posts here in ATS..just do a search..some give you good info..if thats what you want...

I, for one..am NOT a believer in the power of a "board game"..if that were true...you could sanctify anything to act as a ouija board..just make a planchet out of any household item..

But, hey..do what you gotta do

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Are Quija boards actualty anything really paranormal? Yutzi !

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackHoleSun267
Are Quija boards actualty anything really paranormal? Yutzi !

I can give you my opinion..whether you like it or not..lol..NO..they arent..its the power of the human mind..I know thats not what you wanted to hear..

Paranormal activity is fun..and mysterious..but the ouija board doesnt have it..sorry to tell you..

You can make it happen with anything..I have an oracle board with a crystal pendulum..it happens with that...as well..get a paper plate and put a paper cup on a string..same thing..nothing to do with the ouija board, itself..

Make sense???

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

They work because they are being touched by people and one or both person are moving it. Now you and your friend might not have consciously been moving it but either way one or both of you were.

The board itself is no different than any other object with the alphabet on it, there is no dark or sinister magic at work.

In fact I've often thought about doing a little experiment to use my computer keyboard as a Ouija board, course the letters on a Qwerty are a bit out of place, spirits are so used to communicating with the letters in alphabetical order

I've heard lot's of horror stories about use of the Ouija board but really how can the alphabet be magical? Especially when there are people touching it who could easily be interfering. If you are going to use one film it and don't let anyone touch the pointer, if it actually moves on its own without someone touching it than maybe there is some credence to its use... It's an experiment to remove the fallible human variable so only the supernatural could influence it.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Blackout - first off, I'm not here for a discussion about this; I'm just going to say what I know of it and unsubscribe

I would personally urge you not to use a ouija board. Though it can, of course, be used properly, it can also be potentially risky. I believe this is mainly due to the fact that you use an upturned glass and draw energy (a spirit) UP into it. It has nothing to do with heaven/hell, but the darker entities are at a lower 'level' as it were. So drawing the energy up from beneath, you are far more likely to get something bad. And by 'bad' I don't mean a hoarde of demons ready to consume the Earth; it could simply be 'naughty'.

I haven't explained that particularly well. I know two clairvoyents/psychics/mediums who would never go near a ouija board. I don't know the reason for one of them but I'll tell you why the other won't:

She and her sister decided to have a go with a ouija board a long time ago before she really believed in any of this kind of thing. THe short version is that the glass eventually began moving on its own (without their hands on it) and they couldn't stop it even when they tried. It told this woman that her father was dead (untrue, but she couldn't confirm for a while) and that the plane her fiancee was coming over in was going to crash and he was going to die. Consequently, she told her fianceee to stay where he was, and due to money they never met again.

As well as this, the glass pushed itself off the table and smashed, and immediately her sister had some kind of fit and attempted to strangle herself.

So, as I said, I would urge you not to use a ouija board. Of course, if you don't believe in such things then you'll go ahead anyway. Though, frankly, anyone who pisses about with things they don't understand just because they don't believe in them deserves whatever they get.

If you do use the board, just don't smash the glass afterwards - it's supposedly what contains the entity and smashing releases it into this world. Obviously, as I said, it can be used just like it is supposed to be, and something going wrong is fairly rare - just not nearly rare enough.

Anyway, I think I've also answered your question in there somewhere; but then, you have others' answers too.

EDIT: As others have siad - it isn't the board itself, obviously. Deciding to just use a paper cup and some pieces of paper with letters on doesn't cut out the risk (risk is perhaps too strong a word, perhaps not .
)

[edit on 6-5-2010 by ShadowArcher]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Ask the board a question with both your hands on the pointer. Then push, (friend should push as well) and say that you aren't moving it. That's about the gist of it.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowArcher

Blackout - first off, I'm not here for a discussion about this; I'm just going to say what I know of it and unsubscribe

I would personally urge you not to use a ouija board. Though it can, of course, be used properly, it can also be potentially risky. I believe this is mainly due to the fact that you use an upturned glass and draw energy (a spirit) UP into it. It has nothing to do with heaven/hell, but the darker entities are at a lower 'level' as it were. So drawing the energy up from beneath, you are far more likely to get something bad. And by 'bad' I don't mean a hoarde of demons ready to consume the Earth; it could simply be 'naughty'.

I haven't explained that particularly well. I know two clairvoyents/psychics/mediums who would never go near a ouija board. I don't know the reason for one of them but I'll tell you why the other won't:

She and her sister decided to have a go with a ouija board a long time ago before she really believed in any of this kind of thing. THe short version is that the glass eventually began moving on its own (without their hands on it) and they couldn't stop it even when they tried. It told this woman that her father was dead (untrue, but she couldn't confirm for a while) and that the plane her fiancee was coming over in was going to crash and he was going to die. Consequently, she told her fianceee to stay where he was, and due to money they never met again.

As well as this, the glass pushed itself off the table and smashed, and immediately her sister had some kind of fit and attempted to strangle herself.

So, as I said, I would urge you not to use a ouija board. Of course, if you don't believe in such things then you'll go ahead anyway. Though, frankly, anyone who pisses about with things they don't understand just because they don't believe in them deserves whatever they get.

If you do use the board, just don't smash the glass afterwards - it's supposedly what contains the entity and smashing releases it into this world. Obviously, as I said, it can be used just like it is supposed to be, and something going wrong is fairly rare - just not nearly rare enough.

Anyway, I think I've also answered your question in there somewhere; but then, you have others' answers too.

EDIT: As others have siad - it isn't the board itself, obviously. Deciding to just use a paper cup and some pieces of paper with letters on doesn't cut out the risk (risk is perhaps too strong a word, perhaps not .
)

[edit on 6-5-2010 by ShadowArcher]

Thanks for that reply - I starred you.

new topics

top topics

join