It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space/Time/Infinity & The Holographic Universe!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I thought this was a great message from Terence Mckenna, check it out (only 1 minute of your time)
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Why Fear what you have created dont run away embrace overcome and devour!

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
www.stealthskater.com...

The Geo600 was looking for gravitational waves, those “ripples in space-time thrown off by super-dense astronomical objects such as neutron stars and black holes.” None were found so far.

However, it appears they were scratching their heads over unexplainable grain/noise that continued to create problems for their enormous detector.

---According to Craig Hogan (a physicist at the Fermilab particle physics lab in Batavia, Illinois), GEO600 has stumbled upon the fundamental limit of space-time -- i.e., the point where space-time stops behaving like the smooth continuum Einstein described and instead dissolves into "grains" just as a newspaper photograph dissolves into dots as you zoom in.

---The holograms that you find on credit cards and banknotes are etched on 2-dimensional plastic films. When light bounces off them, it recreates the appearance of a 3-D image. In the 1990s, physicists Leonard Susskind and Nobel prizewinner Gerard 't Hooft suggested that the same principle might apply to the Universe as a whole.

---Theorists have since shown that microscopic quantum ripples at the event horizon can encode the information inside the black hole. So there is no mysterious information loss as the black hole evaporates.
Crucially, this provides a deep physical insight. The 3-D information about a precursor star can be completely encoded in the 2-D horizon of the subsequent black hole -- not unlike the 3-D image of an object being encoded in a 2-D hologram.

---What's more, work by several string theorists -- most notably Juan Maldacena at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton -- has confirmed that the idea is on the right track. He showed that the physics inside a hypothetical universe with 5 dimensions and shaped like a Pringle is the same as the physics taking place on the 4-dimensional boundary

---According to Hogan, the Holographic Principle radically changes our picture of space-time. Theoretical physicists have long believed that quantum effects will cause space-time to convulse wildly on the tiniest scales. At this magnification, the fabric of space-time becomes grainy and is ultimately made of tiny units rather like pixels but a hundred billion billion times smaller than a proton. This distance is known as the Planck length (a mere 10-35 meters. The Planck length is far beyond the reach of any conceivable experiment. So nobody dared dream that the graininess of space-time might be discernable.

The grains or pigments of 2d information, erected into 3d have been observed. It also explains some of what is known about black holes and the 2d information contained in the event horizon.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingArthur
Why Fear what you have created dont run away embrace overcome and devour!

Devour?

I think fear is the opposite of passing the tests here, its more about Love!

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
ok

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

We are just God's Nentendo Game. Good thread , Thank you

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

That this is streaming in, from zero point or the Beyond, where in boundless Infinity, there can be no borders or limits of containment, so that there is always a beyond this as well, there is a organized consciousness bringing this signal in to us in "real time", and if the broadcast quit, it would all disappear. We would wake from the dream.

I have seen this thought before expressed in a sci-fi film. It would seem that logic would dictate then to finding either the "off switch" for that "real time (actually unreality time)" (which is only perceived as real) on a personal level, or perhaps finding the "master switch" to shut down those perceived images for everyone at the same time?

The latter logically would free everyone at once because everyone would only perceive the actual reality then.

Additionally there could (and probably is) be another organized real consciousness trying to help us locate that personal, or that master switch to shut down the unreality mode (we still perceive as our reality) which would in turn make us fully conscious of "the real reality constantly". And as you said awaken from our dream, either singly or all at once.

My perception then would be it would be highly likely there might be a little confusion momentarily in real time mode.

Also, I thank you for your previous posts which penetrate at least some of the "brain fog" in our unconscious state.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This thread is so beautiful; I’m saving it for later when I have time to dissect it, glad I found it, this is amazing, because I have one question to ask that I never thought I could ask a human. Brb.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

The physical world can be verified. One verification tool is called MATH. Another is testing physical objects with touch. However physical laws are the most conclusive. These laws dictate what we can and can't do within our world. We observe cause and effects based on laws that can be verified with MATH. If the Universe was static then what is espoused in the op would be something to consider as a possibility which I believe the op is trying to establish that we could be within a "Matrix" an in the movie, or VR world. Cute idea, but no cigar on this one in all "reality."

There is a center to the Universe from our perspective. It's called the epicenter of the Big Bang. If our Big Bang event is one of many then there is still a center somewhere just as there is a center of our Milky Way Galaxy.

On an off topic note. "How can there be a picture taken of the Milky Way Galaxy?"
Talk about creating perception- that's a prime example of such.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

Its also been expressed as "Gods ant farm"

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Perception- the concept of percieving,the basis of understanding this concept helped invent communication.
A concept not able to be fully understood so far as man knows, this declares that man has a limited perception of what is and is not.
Perception differentiates from one person to the other its what seperates one from the other. There are 2 ways to percieve.
* physically- using our 5 senses.
example- we smell with our nose, smells range from pleasent to displeasing or unpleasent. Then again we percieve these sensations differently, one smell may be pleasent to you while displeasing to another. The same goes for all the other senses.
* emotionally- we emotionally percieve things, events, places, people, and ideas.
example- riding a rollercoaster is percieved by some people to be pleasent where as others percieve it as displeasing.

If all people percieved the same in very way they would become one in spirit perfect.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
Good work Unity_99!

We are ultimately playing a game with the Infinite Creator.

In actuality we are experiencing for the creator as co creators

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Very interesting thread, it feels good to know other people are deep in thought on this subject. I hope you guys don’t mind if I add a few things as I understand them.

I noticed that the conversation has not expanded into time/space, space/time as this is a very important part of understanding the universe as it is; each time/space is an analog of a particular sort or vibration of space/time.
I agree with the fact that we are living in a holographic existence to a point, because all matter is made from Photons.
Dewey Larson says that “all is motion which we can take as vibration, and that vibration is pure vibration, it is not physical in any way or in any form or density”. Love of the creator in space/time then creates by this process of vibration a photon, which is the basic particle of light, the simplest manifest being is light or the photon.

The basic vibration which forms the photon then forms the core of all atomic particles. And as all matter consist of atoms then in effect everything is formed from light.

I am not a big believer in the Big Bang theory, from my understanding the centre of the universe is the oldest part of the universe and everything progresses outwards in a spiralling motion, it is a sequence of evolution that the sun, planets and entities all progress through. The final step being the black hole, this happens when all life progresses past 7th density fuses as one as it is drawn into the black hole, when it goes through it forms on the other side a new logos or sun, from this sun come the new planets and a process of evolution starts all over again.

The evolution of the new system is programmed to a degree by the logos, which in its self is a living entity formed from the unity of all life from the previous system, as are the planet and the entities that now reside within the planets in the form of intelligent energy in crystals, minerals, the rest is up to a natural course of evolution.
The planet progresses through 1st density when all harvestable entities (at this point a harvestable entity is one that has self realisation) then progress with the planet into second density. The second density is density of plants, insects, animals, again once second density moves into 3rd density, all entities that are now self aware progress or ascend forward.

Third density is where it gets interesting, now we have self aware entities with the primal distortion of free will; this is also the density of choice, to choose our path for the next stage of our evolution.

Our choice governed by free will is now to choose if we want to be of negative orientation or of positive orientation, so begins the process of incarnation (on this planet) over 75,000 years until the planet shifts into 4th density, and that’s where we are right now, in the final transition towards 4th density, the density of love. I had better stop or I’ll keep prattling on forever.
L&L

edit on 21-4-2011 by CouncilOfNine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Might I suggest for further reading the following overview of semiotics.

Even though our only relationship to the bird in the video is the electrical impulses that allow us to hear "our" version of it's song and our visual understanding of it's being, the bird does the exact same thing with us.

That is to say, all living organisms, down to the cellular level, possess some form of system that allows them to communicate with their environment. In our species, we refer to the 5 senses (sometimes a 6th is added). But all these senses are are the manner by which we are able to interact with our environment. Assuming we were a totally closed system (i.e., a "human body" without the five senses), we would simply exist within our environment with no way of understanding it. Picture a blob (or some other closed system, like a geometrical shape of some sort with a clearly defined boundary that separates it as a whole from the setting in which it finds itself.

A rock might not be the best example of this, but let's just say that the "object" I'm getting at could be likened to a rock in the lay sense. There is no reaction with the environment, no way of "self-placement". Helen Keller helped that girl who was blind and deaf. She still had touch taste and smell. Imagine, if you would, how you would perceive of your environment with only touch taste and smell. You'd have the dimensions down through tactile communication with your surroundings. You'd have some form of "distance" perception via smell and you'd be able to, to some extent, consume what you needed to eat based on taste (and smell). But you would not construct the same reality of your environment. You would not have the same depth or scope that a human with all available senses does (or any other mammal or bird for that matter).

From here, I would suggest also reading up on Jakob von Uexkull and Umwelt. Very interesting stuff when it comes to how we relate as beings within a world that is wholly inside ourselves (at least from a perceptual point of view). That is to say, though I cannot know for sure if the world outside is really there without my senses, the fact that I am witnessing other beings (birds, dogs, other people, fish, insects, etc.) navigating within it using their senses (their semiotic equipment for making sense of their environment) tells me the world is really there.

I mean, this comes down to an argument, basically, akin to "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around, does it make a sound"...the answer is yes and no. By falling, the tree creates all the necessary ingredients for a sound, but if no living creature is there to perceive of those ingredients, what we call a sound is not created.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Unity_99, your post is awesome! Our solar system is amazing.

I have one question, if our solar system is expanding rapidly then where is it expanding to.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join