It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the.....??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by akaleposI would not be surprised that my facebook would disappear simply because of the links I put up there.

I am glad you mention this because it HAPPENED TO ME TODAY. Sure the link was to a torrent site but the point is that I tried to put a link in a comment and Facebook denied me posting the comment until the sensitive materials were removed. Its claim?

"Warning: This Message Contains Blocked Content
Some content in this message has been reported as abusive by Facebook users."

Abusive?? It was just a link to some torrent site with NO VIRUSES as well as anyone who sees the link being able to ignore it.

Just imagine what else can be blocked this way with invalid excuses.

--

(yes I know some people think torrents are bad and what not but this is NOT the place to discuss that.)

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Stop watching TV news completely, trust me, you'll keep up with what is going on in the world in other ways. If you receive the paper, cancel it.

Find the alternative sources that you trust and know to be true. They are out there, albeit hard to find (hint: Newsmax is not one of them).

I quit 3 years ago, it was tough going for a while, but I think I can hear the bull# when other people spew it now much much easier. It's amazing how many people are brainwashed from watching that crap (e.g. CNN AND FOX).

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Allot of the "news articles" I read online now have 3 sentences of news interspersed in a page of "I like to watch myself type".

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Oops, double post.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by rothmans]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by akalepos

This HAppens on Youtube alot

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by akalepos
Ok... so I'll give away my age... 56.

I am just old enough to remember the Huntley Brinkley Report that my folks would watch. I remember Cronkite in the early days.

Its not that they would not show much emotional bias, but it was a bare minimum. Cronkite really broke down when Kennedy was shot.

Not knowing how old you guya are, I would like to tell you about the short miniseries that was on the boob tube in the 80's.

The story line was about some "terrorists" ( OH yeah..) that had placed a nuke on a ship in Boston Harbor.

Our real news during that period of time was still rather subdued.

But on this tv show, the news media went completely bonkers. They had headlines like "America Under Seige" and all this drama stuff, the crazy music and the flashing colors, that the viewing public didn't really like about that show. It portrayed the media as being ignorant jerks all about their egos.

NOW.... they all seem to be like that. Its almost unbelievable... the clown show that is presented to us. The REALLY sad thing is that the yunguns around now, don't know anything different.

So if "gramps" says something in the living room like "morons" they think gramps is talking about the subjects of the articles and not the monkeys on the boob tube. ( by the way... I STILL use rabbit ears...)

I personally think it's pathetic... so there's my bias in full bloom.

They absolutely can no longer be trusted, IMHO.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by akalepos]

As a young guy I really appreciate you saying this, I don't have anything to compare with because my news has always seemed to be this way. The internet is probably the only reason I even suspected something was wrong.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by akalepos

I'm not quite up there with you but I am in my 40's and I do remember when the news media actually reported the news in a non-biased way.

Journalism is just about dead now. The so called journalists have sold out to their corporate and political masters and now just promote an agenda.
All they do is sell us a load of BS and twist the truth.

They tell us what to think, what to wear, how to vote, what cool new gadget to buy, and how we should feel. The idea is to end free thinking. After all, free thinking leads to questioning authority and revolutionary ideas. We can't have that now can we?

I gave up on the TV news a long time ago. I only tune in to laugh at those jokers.

To all you younger people in your teens and 20's. QUESTION EVERYTHING!!! Do not accept what you hear on TV as the truth. They are lying to you every day.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by akalepos

Anti Americanism and Anti American sentiment is trying harder to tighten it's grip. IMHO

Sorry, I disagree with you here. I don't think it's one side or the other. I think they are just trying to keep people fighting period. It doesn't matter what opinion I'm trying to express, if I used intelligible language it's not getting approved. What get's approved is "America no 1." "Ur a muslim lover" or "you are a baby killer", "ur a racist" and garbage of that sort. People love drama. That's why it's that way. I just don't pay attention to any of it now. Heck ATS is just as bad some days.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by antonia]

If you are saying that in general, the "public" has this tendency to act like and respond like morons, I couldn't agree more.

But I would still say that those who are responsible for promulgating this garbage have an anti american sentiment.

For what sort of person or group of persons would really desire to have us at each other's throats? And why cause irrelevant arguments to do the dirty work?

ERASUREHEAD!

I hear you too. Your advice to the folks in their 20's is right on!

Think about the people born in say 1990. They pretty much have a world that seems to be all about Aids, Computers, hand held odd devices and a set of tv shows built for idiots and news that is wacky off the scale.

But darn it! Now I am addressing the issue with emotive language myself. How easy it is to fall into that sort of thing!!! It's a trap that makes the appeal to my old yet still inner childish soul.

bloodred, finalized and rothman... Thank you too!

[edit on 7-5-2010 by akalepos]

[edit on 7-5-2010 by akalepos]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join