It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the.....??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Is it just me???

I think that the nation's media has become Orwell's Ministry of Information.

I have notice with both CNN online and with Yahoo news, that they will not post responses that seem rational or analytic in any way, but instead opt for the moronic (childish) and histrionic (drama) responses.

For people who claim that the 1st Amendment is important, (er... the "media") I think it is very odd that they would censor rational responses or truly politically pointed remarks.

People are complaining that their remarks are not posted so they are left out of the discussion while posts containing "idiot talk" and even foul language gets posted. This is very odd.

Anti Americanism and Anti American sentiment is trying harder to tighten it's grip. IMHO

I would not be surprised that my facebook would disappear simply because of the links I put up there.

I have yet to see lately, ANY printed news story or aural one that does not include emotive language that forms a bias one way or the other. There no longer seems to be any proper balance. Every article and report has to do with what the reporter's opinion is all about (or maybe his master's view) rather than simply giving the proper unopinionated facts.

1984 came late, but looks like it finally arrived.

But... Free flow of information, free flow of ideas?

Its looking more and more doubtful.

I know that the common answer ought to be ...No duhh??

But what I am saying is that it appears to be getting worse.

I hope that I have addressed this in the proper sub.

If not please move it where it belongs and let me know!

thanks

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by akalepos
Is it just me???

I have notice with both CNN online and with Yahoo news, that they will not post responses that seem rational or analytic in any way, but instead opt for the moronic (childish) and histrionic (drama) responses.

Watch FOX. I feel as if it is the last strand of somewhat middle of the road information flowing into my tiny brainwashed head.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I hear you, but I even wonder about them. Even sometimes in what seems to be a middle of the road report, there is this sort of sneaky convincing going on. Perhaps FOX is better at utilizing subliminal behaviors.. hehe

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
All of the major networks are trash; they're all the same, they all push their agendas.

The only way to get a neutral view of the news from a major network is to watch all of them, or none of them. Even from smaller sources attention is to be paid as everybody tends to be a little biased at least sometimes.

[edit on 5/6/2010 by eNumbra]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I flip around and watch em both. However you really need to hit the alternative news sites to get a solid grasp on the news of the day.

the cable news shows are very sensationalistic,They will have you fighting r and d, cnn or fox,black or white, white or brown and you wont even notice it.

There goal is to distract you wile you are being robbed by international bankers.
Fight amongst yourselves wile we steal everything you hold dear through government, then we will force you to pay interest on top of that when we bankrupt you.

The focus is to not get robbed by gov, the focus is to not sacrifice liberties to secure security.

The cable shows are great at making you do useless things.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
All of the major networks are trash; they're all the same, they all push their agendas.

The only way to get a neutral view of the news from a major network is to watch all of them, or none of them. Even from smaller sources attention is to be paid as everybody tends to be a little biased at least sometimes.

[edit on 5/6/2010 by eNumbra]

I think you're right. I do know that it is hard for me to lay aside bias if I am not thinking about it.

Above that though, I keep "feeling" this push toward sort of making or trying to make everyone out to be some kind of a baby and sort of bombarding everyone with these what I call childish methods of reporting the news.

They just have to stick their unwelcome egos in there and try to impress everyone. But in the end it just invokes emotion. So I was thinking about how gently one can train the mind and manipulate the unaware mass.

OR... they are simply mindless themselves.

I am not trying to be uber insulting here about it. I think it is an extremely poor state of affairs. Double poor if it is done purposefully.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Double poor if it is done purposefully.

Then consider it double poor.

In the worst of explanations the pundits are the "Ministry of Information".

In the best of explanations they are "entertainment" programs that present opinions on news for more viewers and more profit.

A Fascist's dream or a Capitalist's dream; but always a thinking man's nightmare. Take your pick.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
During the Bush administration CNN became the center for "real" info, it tried to report real #. Fox news was guilty of crazy pandering and horrible reporting.

Now during the Obama administration CNN will headline the south park issue as it's main thing while the oil rig thing is a secondary story like it's some kind of cosmic joke and fox news is the place to go for "real" info.

www.cnn.com...

MAIN headline:
"What do those dreams mean?"

I dare you to look at the "DON'T MISS" (caps lock emphasis is CNN's not mine) section, just read the headlines in the "DON'T MISS" section aloud. Try to do it without cringing. It will be difficult.

www.foxnews.com...

Fox News is far, far better, but still lacking.

I'm pretty young you guys so older members would have a better memory than me (please put partisanship aside for the sake of avoiding disinfo) but to me it seems VERY LIKELY that the switch in which news station becomes credible is intentional.

During Republican administrations, the liberal mainstream media is the hawk, during Democrat admins, the republican one is.

This is to keep us cowed, we believe that we have a say and that our side is getting the coverage and that the news is getting out there, so we're covered, so we can stay calm. It's a way to cow us, they intentionally have the opposite media of the administration that's in office do better and act more credibly.

CNN did not used to report this type of bull#, you have to admit it no matter how much of a CNN hater you are. They basically sunk themselves to a #pile once the Democrats came into power.

To me that is SUSPICIOUS.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Remember the IPad? To me it seemed like the news was in a corporate agreement to help it sell.

CNN literally had a whole section devoted to it a while ago, maybe they still do today. Back then it was at top left of the page, similar to how the oil rig thing is currently. I mean seriously when your national news is selling an apple product and creating hype for it that tells you something is wrong.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
It isn't just you. I like to look at foreign news sources as much as possible (timesonline.uk, guardian.uk, atimes.com, even haaretz). I look at the locals online, but theirs is so much fluff, it's usually just weather & a look in.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
In all honesty, I think it's just the internet flexing it's muscles. As the internet becomes more popular and a gigantic, uncensored place for information from all sorts of people across the world, the media is no longer as popular or seen as a credible source. Of course, television is a money making game, like everything else in America, so what do they need to do to keep the the viewers? They need to become sensationalist and use other techniques. Now, I'm no marketing engineer, but it can be said that they have entire task forces devoted to researching how to keep peoples attentions, and thus revenues rolling in.

In my opinion, I see this as a good thing. As news becomes more sensationalist and generally more terrible (and more like a movie I guess you could say), it's to keep viewers from switching over to the more credible, and free internet.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Ok... so I'll give away my age... 56.

I am just old enough to remember the Huntley Brinkley Report that my folks would watch. I remember Cronkite in the early days.

Its not that they would not show much emotional bias, but it was a bare minimum. Cronkite really broke down when Kennedy was shot.

Not knowing how old you guya are, I would like to tell you about the short miniseries that was on the boob tube in the 80's.

The story line was about some "terrorists" ( OH yeah..) that had placed a nuke on a ship in Boston Harbor.

Our real news during that period of time was still rather subdued.

But on this tv show, the news media went completely bonkers. They had headlines like "America Under Seige" and all this drama stuff, the crazy music and the flashing colors, that the viewing public didn't really like about that show. It portrayed the media as being ignorant jerks all about their egos.

NOW.... they all seem to be like that. Its almost unbelievable... the clown show that is presented to us. The REALLY sad thing is that the yunguns around now, don't know anything different.

So if "gramps" says something in the living room like "morons" they think gramps is talking about the subjects of the articles and not the monkeys on the boob tube. ( by the way... I STILL use rabbit ears...)

I personally think it's pathetic... so there's my bias in full bloom.

They absolutely can no longer be trusted, IMHO.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by akalepos]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Heya! By the way... thanks for responding, you guys n gals.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Sometimes it feels like the twilight zone. It seems like all common sense has been thrown out the window for whatever benefits tptb, no matter how rediculous it sounds to the people.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by akalepos

What you are describing began to take hold once WW 2 was engineered to a conclusion.

Since that point the masters have seized hold of the media, and the nation, and it has been a work in progress to not make it too obvious. What could be more common than the latest media screen? Answer: nothing. Yet people sell valued vintage things in order to actually BUY one, sometimes every couple of years!!! If they were not being bought, they would make it a law that you have to have a TV.

FOX is not to be trusted any more than the others. They (Ailes/Murdoch) are running a brilliant deception which is designed to 1) gain confidence), and 2) cash in on their own handiwork, which helped to lay the groundwork decades ago. You may recall that FOX did nothing but push the two worst candidates possible, even to the point of excluding the best., during the last election? You may have caught this video on youtube:

www.youtube.com...

The man with the wire hair, orchestrating the direction of his minions, is thought to be Tim Skubick. You are looking at the face of treason when you look at even the back of his head.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Informativeme

Is it just me???

Watch FOX. I feel as if it is the last strand of somewhat middle of the road information flowing into my tiny brainwashed head.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *deep breath* AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

oh you're serious?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

HAHA my thoughts exactly.

If you still get your news from the Pentagon's mind control box, you are living in the reality that has been constructed for you.

BUY! BUY! FEAR! BUY! OBEY! FEAR!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Watch Fox, you got to be kidding. The network of opinion is only sprinkled with news. Personally I like facts so I can make up my own mind.

Fox News Channel's decision to not carry an ad from VoteVets about Energy Independence is because 7% of Fox is owned by a certain Saudi prince. Think about it and get out of your ideology for a while, it will do you good.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Our society is not close to the storyline of 1984. And btw the book was written just as he made Animal farm wich tells us that what he described was 1948.

It is your choice where you find the information. If there is a story you want the information to, just follow links that usual directs you on the right path.

Cnn might be known for their repetition and often little debth in many news stories. But they still give a better view of the global situation than any other channel.

Though BBC news also is a good resource.

you are just lazy...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Anti Americanism and Anti American sentiment is trying harder to tighten it's grip. IMHO

Sorry, I disagree with you here. I don't think it's one side or the other. I think they are just trying to keep people fighting period. It doesn't matter what opinion I'm trying to express, if I used intelligible language it's not getting approved. What get's approved is "America no 1." "Ur a muslim lover" or "you are a baby killer", "ur a racist" and garbage of that sort. People love drama. That's why it's that way. I just don't pay attention to any of it now. Heck ATS is just as bad some days.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by antonia]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join