It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Recipient of Political Cash from BP, Goldman Sachs AND the Healthcare Giants: Barack Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
______beforeitsnews/story/40275/Top_Recipient_of_Political_Cash_from_BP,_Goldman_Sachs_AND_the_Healthcare_Giants:_Barack_Obama.html

Politico reports:

BP and its employees have given more than $3.5 million to federal candidates over the past 20 years, with the largest chunk of their money going to Obama, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

Obama also had the most political contributions from Goldman Sachs in 2008 of all senators. And Goldman gave more to Obama than any other presidential candidate, and was Obama’s second-largest contributor.

In addition, Obama was the top congressional recipient of defense industry contributions for the 2008 election cycle. See this, this and this.

Obama was also the top recipient of money from the healthcare giants in the presidential election

barack obama, the candidate of change... pfftt bought and payed for by all the major players... cmon people, you've got to have learned by now that every candidate be he a republican or democrat a he or a she, is corrupted to the very marrow in his/her bones. ANYBODY can be bought out. bunch of sell outs in congress, in the white house and on the supreme court... i dont think most of us here on ATS will be surprised by this..

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

You don't say?

C'mon, you are taking this out of context.

C'mon, the Repubs did it.

C'mon, you really think McCain would have been any better?

Alright, enough of the sarcasm. People, the Dem/Repub paradigm and their power brokers have about DESTROYED this country. If you really think that your party is different than the other, there is no help for you. For those that have been wondering and have been sitting on the fence, let me ask you.

Does this not mean SOMETHING?

The HCR, the bailouts, the money flowing into the pockets of the cronies and the political pockets.

And don't you dare say Obama was not the president when the bailouts began. HE VOTED FOR THEM as a senator!

Wars
Taxes
Takeovers
Patriot Act
Cronies
Lobbyists
etc etc etc

Has any of this opened your eyes yet!?

This may be the most important time in our lives. Do we allow the criminals and corrupt politicians of the past continue on the same path of destroying our freedoms and this country?

Or do we take another path, one less traveled, less encumbered with the machinations of the power elite. One that we should have listened to so long ago.

Secret societies, secret machinations, secret legislation.

A few snippets from a great speech.

"The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings.

And no official of my Administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should interpret my words here tonight as an excuse to censor the news, to stifle dissent, to cover up our mistakes or to withhold from the press and the public the facts they deserve to know.

In time of "clear and present danger," the courts have held that even the privileged rights of the First Amendment must yield to the public's need for national security.

Those who make themselves our enemy are advancing around the globe.

If the press is awaiting a declaration of war before it imposes the self-discipline of combat conditions, then I can only say that no war ever posed a greater threat to our security. If you are awaiting a finding of "clear and present danger," then I can only say that the danger has never been more clear and its presence has never been more imminent."

edit to fix bb code

[edit on 5/5/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Well that just sucks.. Can't do anything about it for another two years so I guess I will just sit back, pop open a beer and watch him spend my tax money.
Seriously though don't you think Bush did that. Or Clinton. Its politics thats how it all goes.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
To be honest this really isn't all that big of a story. Obama only received 77 thousand dollars from BP and compared to other campaign contributors it's just a drop in the bucket.

Obama received nearly 20 million from the healthcare industry alone so this story would make me raise an eyebrow if BP was even in the top 50 contributors...

Edit: My bad I thought you were trying to tie this into Obamas lack of interest in getting tough with BP over the oil fiasco. It is funny how much cash he got and now he is trying to limit the impact lobbyists can have on future elections including donations.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by TV_Nation]

new topics

top topics

join