It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman runs amok with knives, screaming "There is no witness protection program!"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Probably just another sad case of a disturbed person going beyond the breaking point, but I thought her fixation on the "witness protection program" (or rather, the alleged lack thereof) at least worthy of note for the conspiracy-minded.

My heart goes out to the victims and all those impacted by this sad event, whatever the reasons behind it.

...A woman was running down the cosmetic aisle with a knife in each hand.

Layla Trawick, 34, had just stabbed four people, including a woman holding a baby, slashing at shoppers in an apparently random attack at the busy store Monday, authorities allege...

...One witness said she was shopping for a Mother's Day card when she heard someone screaming, "There is no witness protection program!" as chaos broke out in the store.

Katy Winn, a freelance photographer from West Hollywood, said the woman was yelling at the top of her voice.

More at source:
news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 5/5/10 by silent thunder]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
This happened a few days ago. They reported she lost it after she lost rights to her son. Makes you think of hard the world is, even in the U.S.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Holy crap.... I was just thinking the other night about how easy it would be to go on a slashing spree!

Before you go thinking I'm nuts, here's the breakdown: I work in a university building, and right on the door they have the little sign with a gun and the "No Smoking" symbol over it. Well, my brain works on the "6 degrees to Kevin Bacon" mentality and that got me thinking...Ok, no one is allowed to have guns in the building.... Well, that doesn't stop knives.... Well, someone with a gun could stop someone with a knife....Well, what about a protest for gun rights by faking a slashing spree...

Well, guess I don't need to fake it now...this woman did it for me! If just ONE person in that crowd was carrying a gun, she couldn't have hurt nearly as many people.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

Lol not sure what to say. But then again, i do not think anybody would.

Crazy times indeed. I do declare. -Micheal Scott.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

One person was wearing a gun - the off duty cop that stopped her.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

See? There ya go. Responsible gun ownership saves lives!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
She just lost her kid because she is obviously a lunatic. Glad to know someone took her down.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Just one query reading Layla Trawick 34 incident , If she was deemed medically irresponsible enough to have her child removed, Where was the medical "duty of care" for her. It seems there was a break in the safety net so to speak in this unfortunate case,
I am not trying to go down the "more to be pitied" route, But the duty of care issue to this women....

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
"Her facial expression was someone who was lost, confused, didn't know exactly where they were."

These kind of things are called 'rage attacks' because the perp is motivated by his extreme hatred of society and all who dwell within it.  The lack of any rage or anger in the visage of the woman is good evidence that motivation was something entirely else.  Undoubtedly she is telling the investigators that she did the deed to still the incessant 'voices' in her head that told her to kill.

Her mother told ABC7:

"She thinks that there's a bug in her ear, like a microphone and a camera in her eye. That she's sent on these missions from the government," said Trawick's mother. "So she thinks she should be in the witness protection program and she's not."

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I wondered whether her clouded mind somehow garbled "Witness Protection Program" and "Child Protective Services." Sometimes when under high stress, even "normal" people's brains will start playing bizzare little word-games involving idiotic rhymes (that stay stuck in your head like a tune you can't forget), puns, words that sound similar, etc.

After reading the quote above, however, she sounds like a paranoid schizophrenic who is fixated on the WPP and government agencies, etc.

With mental illness, especially that involving violence or other antisocial behavior, it is always problemmatic. On one hand, people instinctively want other people to take moral responsibility for their actions on some level. On the other hand, it seems clear that people's malfunctioning minds can drive them to perform acts beyond their control...in psychotic states, people often have extremely flat affect and may not even know where they are or what they are doing. Would you like to be held "morally culpable" for everything you've ever done in a dream or a nightmare? And yet, unlike a dream-state, these people's misfiring neurons cause them to actually do damege to other real human beings. Its a very complex situation.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This is very very odd? An FBI friend of mine told me this story about 3 weeks ago? The off duty person involved received a commendation for not using lethal force when he would have been justified in doing so. Originally he thought the woman was a victim, There were families and kids in the area and he did not want them to witness him killing someone.

Is this another incident? Or is this the same incident, but reported almost a month later as new news?

Are there this many women running around stabbing people in retail stores?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

The link isn't working for me, it "redirects in a way that will never complete" according to Firefox.

Can you please post more detail about the date, location, and the off duty cop from the article?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

From May 4th
Yahoo link

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by silent thunder

The link isn't working for me, it "redirects in a way that will never complete" according to Firefox.

Can you please post more detail about the date, location, and the off duty cop from the article?

Strange. I came across it a few days ago but actually I didn't check the date. However my impression (which could be mistaken) is that it was relatively fresh news (i.e., within this week). It happend in LA. The article said that the officer considered using a gun but decided she did not pose a lethal threat. It said that the officer ordered her to put down the knives, and she complied.

When I posted this here, I noticed the article had been changed slightly from the first time I had read it. (AP does that sometimes so its not that unusual). The first version had more quotes from alleged witnesses and people in the store. The second version was shorter. And now it seems to be gone. Oh well.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

www.washingtonpost.com...

WOW! Different Story! The one my friend was talking about was apparently from 2005. He recently met the agent that disarmed her, so I guess it was new to him.

A knife-wielding woman stabbed a shopper at a Nordstrom in a Montgomery County mall last night, then calmly walked to an escalator and attacked a second woman, sending dozens of screaming customers running for the exits, police and witnesses said.

The violence, which police said appeared to be random, ended when an off-duty FBI agent who witnessed the second stabbing pulled out his gun, ordered the woman to drop the knife and arrested her, police said.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Update on the Target stabber, Layla Trawick:

www.latimes.com...
She was convinced in recent months she was the test subject in a mind-control experiment.
Steve, 35, ... quickly realized Trawick's bubbly persona often gave way to dark, troubling thoughts. "Really conspiratorial ideas," he said.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
She just lost her kid because she is obviously a lunatic. Glad to know someone took her down.

Im sure having your children taken from you will and can do some crazy thing to a person... I know Id be less than happy

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

...for her to have stabbed anyone would have been completely out of character.

Mind control. Every once in a while a seemingly normal person goes postal after seeing/hearing a trigger. These types of incidents go way back decades. Recent events I can think of. Multiple school shootings in the US. Bus beheading in Canada.

1. Person X goes postal, does something completely out of character, causes harm to themselves and or others around them. Never seems to have a history of mental illness.

2. People demand answers, solutions to the problem.

3. TPTB pass stricter laws and regulations. Restrict more freedoms - install surveillance cameras for example.

Problem, reaction, solution. Rinse repeat.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The right of the accused to a trial with a jury of her peers has been abrogated:

dated 9-1-10
www.huffingtonpost.com...&ct=ga&cad=:s7:f1:v0:d1:i0:lt:e0:p0:t1283383866:&cd=P0tFtHQ_aHE&usg=AF QjCNE-1vmQ5QXMVGLF0LSwJ021kQeDmw
A 34-year old woman accused of stabbing four people at a Target store in West Hollywood in May has been found mentally incompetent to stand trial.
Layla Rosette Trawick was ordered to be sent to Patton State Hospital in San Bernardino on Wednesday after doctors agreed that she was incompetent, according to Shiara Davila-Morales of the district attorney's office.
The Northern California woman pleaded not guilty....

Undoubtedly the first order of business will be to explain to Layla that she cannot become 'better' until she stops this ridiculous nonsense about how she was mind-controlled.

/

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goethe

Originally posted by ventian

Im sure having your children taken from you will and can do some crazy thing to a person... I know Id be less than happy

I'm sure she also did something that warranted her children being taken.

If she went and stabbed a handful of people, She was not right in the head in the first place, and had no place raising children.

Many people have terrible things happen to them,
(like getting their children taken away) or whatever else one can imagine,
and they dont all go on stabbing rampages talking about mind control cameras/mics in their eyes/head..

So her children getting taken, did not cause this.
She was whacked to begin with.
Regardless of whether she was really under the influence of mind control or not.
Whacked is whacked and children cannot be raised by such instability.

Props to the cop who got her.

If I saw her stabbing/slashing up 4 people, She would have gotten my bullet.

new topics

top topics

join