It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Space Star & Planet Sized Objects Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
About the thread i thought it would be best if there was a thread for all those Mysterious stars or even planets, objects and eg, yes even nibiru or not sightings.

In this thread, you can make a post of your report on what have you seen in the nightsky or day time.

take pictures of the whatever thing you were seeing, which it can help with your story, even the correct location of the night skies from what direction have you seen it.

What does anyone think of this thread?

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
If this thread took off, I think it wouldl simply turn into a Nibiru thread. Personally I wouldn't have brought up that name in my Op.

IRM

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Yeah I too could see this becoming a huge Nibiru thread. But who knows, there may be somebody with good REAL pictures to post also.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
why not just have a thread "ATS Conspiracies" instead.

It seems thats the way this site is going. Volcano watch, quake watch, sun watch, ocean watch, ghost watch, ufo watch,

eventually you wont be able to post anything unless its in a forum within a forum.

gggrrr...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
You can post anything Related mysterious things you might have seen in space in your backyard or park.
Nibiru was only an example.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
What about 'Nibiru Watch Watch Watch' Thread where we can comment on people who comment in the 'Nibiru Watch Watch' Thread about the comments in the 'Nibiru Watch' Thread?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

I merely posted that as an example sigh

No need for an off topic attack.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Sorry if it sounds like an attack, i'm just fed up with what seems like lots of people starting threads like these just merely to gain lots of stars and flags, when what they should be doing is researching and posting great individual threads of their own.

It seems like the "easy option" to me.

Just my opinion.

g

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
Sorry if it sounds like an attack, i'm just fed up with what seems like lots of people starting threads like these just merely to gain lots of stars and flags, when what they should be doing is researching and posting great individual threads of their own.

It seems like the "easy option" to me.

Just my opinion.

g

I Agree with you on that if people might have seen something posted with pictures or directions will even help.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
OMG You have seen NIBIRU !!?

Where ? I need some proof !

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

You know that's what i call an off topic insult, an insult for believing in something different other then what NASA says, or otherwise.

Tell me are you going to insult other peoples beliefs of ufos or anything out of the ordinary.

One more thing

Why doesn't NASA make an announcement to the world that Nibiru is fake and a hoax? So that way we can rest easy then?

But of course you will be wondering and saying, but NASA will be wasting time and money, havent they already wasted enough as it is?

And then if Nibiru is real, why dont wont they just say it?

Isn't that simple?

Remember the life on mars announcement? why didn't NASA say there's is life on mars, after all you trust those anomaly pictures been posted on the net.

Just my TWO Cents.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Why doesn't NASA make an announcement to the world that Nibiru is fake and a hoax? So that way we can rest easy then?

They have...
lots of times.

Stories about the fictional planet Nibiru and predictions of doomsday in December 2012 have blossomed on the Internet. There are now (June 2009) more than 175 books listed on Amazon.com dealing with the 2012 doomsday. As this hoax spreads, many more disaster scenarios are being suggested. “Ask an Astrobiologist” has received nearly a thousand questions about Nibiru and 2012, with more than 200 answers posted. Many new questions are similar to those already answered. Following is a list of the most popular “Twenty Questions” organized in a logical succession and answered in some detail.

astrobiology.nasa.gov...

Now will you go away?

[edit on 5/6/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

If you feel insulted... I apologize.

However it doesn't really change that I think this thread is silly.
I wanted to say that NASA did say that Nibiru doesn't exist.

Phage already did.

I think these threads where you just posts everything that looks the same are BS.

There are a few that are really good tho. Like the Earthquake thread or the what's going on at Yellowstone thread.

The problem with a thread like this is that you would have to follow it from the start. The amount of replies makes it hard to find anything and some of us don't feel like or have the time to read up on more then 10 pages of replies or even less.

What's the use of flags or whatever if can only post in the same thread over and over again ?

If you were asking this for a specific topic then maybe, I will at least expect you to start with something that you can call a thread and then end with a question like this.

Now it looks like you are simply trying to get loads of flags and stars.

Just my two cents...

PS.
Yes I do make fun of other peoples ideas and believes and I expect they do the same with mine.
Maybe some ( I do not mean you right now.) would stop and think before the post.

I never post with the intend to actualy offend someone. Some times it happens so be it.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

They have...
lots of times.

Stories about the fictional planet Nibiru and predictions of doomsday in December 2012 have blossomed on the Internet. There are now (June 2009) more than 175 books listed on Amazon.com dealing with the 2012 doomsday. As this hoax spreads, many more disaster scenarios are being suggested. “Ask an Astrobiologist” has received nearly a thousand questions about Nibiru and 2012, with more than 200 answers posted. Many new questions are similar to those already answered. Following is a list of the most popular “Twenty Questions” organized in a logical succession and answered in some detail.

astrobiology.nasa.gov...

Now will you go away?

Beliving in NASA is like believing in the goverment lies

simple as that, i will not go away, maybe you should go work for NASA?

You can not always trust the government, and who says i should go? i have my right to be here.

Phage you are my foe, you trust ever word of the Goverment, tell this if and when doomsday or whatever happens you really believe that your Govrement will tell you? i think not.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Oh, I must have misunderstood when you said this:

It seemed like you were asking for an answer from NASA. I thought you were looking for reassurance. When you get it, you don't believe it. What a surprise.

Yes, I know you foed me. Did it make you feel good?
You know absolutely nothing about me, who and what I trust, or why.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I'm just wondering mate... If NASA held a press conference and claimed that Nibiru was infact real, would you then believe them or would that be a confirmation for you that Nibiru was a new-age charlatan scam?

IRM

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Even if you lauched people on here into space to prove a point they would claim it was fake.

Thats why you get loads of posts with lets all make a fund and do our own mission lets go to the Moon,Mars etc etc and prove NASA wrong.

I mean lots on here have said they would be a willing victim sorry volunteer for such a mission they claim its easy, would love to see them try.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
In an attempt to steer this thread away from "Nibiru" theories, here's my recent "sighting." I was doing video astronomy of the galaxy NGC 4565 at 12:31 AM Eastern Time on May 2nd from Sarasota, FL, when an object starting to pass through the field of view from top to bottom as seen in this video just seconds after the 1:20:00 mark
www.ustream.tv...
It moves and appears to be a high altitude satellite, but I've tried to confirm which satellite it was without 100% success. A NAVSTAR satellite almost fits the sighting, but the timing looks to be a few minutes off. It could just be bad orbital data for the NAVSTAR, or maybe it was another satellite, even a classified spy sat. Anyone have a recommendation for a program that can determine what satellites would be in a field of view for any given moment? I've been checking manually using coordinates generated from Satellite Tracker by Brent Boshart, but there's got to be a better way to do it. Heavens-above doesn't even come close to cutting it; this thing was way dimmer and higher than what H-A was designed to handle. If anyone has any info I'm all ears. I have TLEs from the next morning if anyone needs them. The NAVSTAR probably explains it, but I'm not 100% sure and I wish I was.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by ngchunter]

top topics

join