It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby born with syphilis every hour in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Baby born with syphilis every hour in China

www.usatoday.com

Every hour a baby is born in China with syphilis, as the world's fastest-growing epidemic of the disease is fueled by men with new money from the nation's booming economy, researchers say.

The easy-to-cure bacterial infection, which was nearly wiped out in China five decades ago, is now the most commonly reported sexually transmitted disease in its largest city, Shanghai.

Prostitutes along with gay and bisexual men, many of whom are married with families, are driving the epidemic, according to a commentary published Thursday in the New England Journal of Medicine.

The increase refle
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
You think it can due to control population since they already have laws in which you can have a certain number of children.. hmm check more out at oursecrethouse.com let me know what you guys think about this illumanati at its finest seems to real to believe. imagine if this was to be happening in america.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
do they not take blood tests before the baby is born.

ewwww.

shame on these people they should know better get checked wear a condom and don't go bare back.

ignorance

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by prettygreeneyes26

I doubt they do wide testing like they do here is the states as most Chinese are rather poor. I know when I first found out I was pregnat they took 7 vials of blood from me and I thought i was gonna pass out.

It's a damn shame, at least it's treatable though.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by antonia]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

It such a shame yes, I do know that people are poor but surely the chinese government would want to screen people and cost the system a lot less in treatment though, silly life is just backwards sometimes.

7vials (oh my god you poor lady) I bet you felt weak

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by prettygreeneyes26

I dunno, considering this is the country with forced labor camps and mobile death vans...I don't think they really care all that much if they live or die. It is of course a serious health issue as Syphilis generally spreads like wildfire and actually causes brain damage when left untreated. Government and pro-activity don't normally go together though.

As for my ordeal, I go to a military hospital. Ibuprofen is the miracle drug for everything and you need to man up! Or so it seems around here though, I don't complain though. I'd rather have my kid here than the hospital off post.

new topics

top topics

join