It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS a govt site?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by gotrox
ATS CIA front?
Not friggin likely.

A whole slew of gubbmint employees making an honest living as ATS members--spewing all kinds of disinfo and attempting to ferret out dissenters?

You betcha.

I get a giggle out of the "Lets infiltrate X,Y or Z" and the replies.

That's certainly possible isn't it? We only require a valid email address for signup here. We don't know what someone's motives are when they sign up. Truth is as long as they abide by our T&C's that's ok too.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
wasent there another thread somewhere where someone ellaborated that the ats servers where located in a town that was funded by black op money and there for ats had to be a black op program ,

some old remmenat of the 50´s military industrial complex or something

They're located in our hosting company's facility... sadly no one has offered to fund it for us with secret money. We pay the bills every month ourselves.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I always assumed it was at the very least one of the best .gov honeypots on the net. And it really doesn't matter who owns or runs it, because it's public, and they have the resources to get any info they wish to target. That is true for anything on anything you post. The question is, does anyone really care?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

to bad, it would have been a nice spin to it all ,

hehe

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Of course It's a gov site...they have got to have some way to find all those
INDIGO people...hehehe
Come on now and don't get angry,,I am joking...

I love ATS and don't care where It's hosted...Sometimes I feel ATS Is one of the last Bastions of Intelligent People from around the world....While the rest of the worlds population are becoming more and more like that movie Idiocracy.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Goethe

When I do a tracert in cmd, I get NO government registered Ip's.

Abovetopsecret has Servers In Dallas Texas, and Atlanta Georgia, and Uses Comcast as the ISP.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_
I always assumed it was at the very least one of the best .gov honeypots on the net. And it really doesn't matter who owns or runs it, because it's public, and they have the resources to get any info they wish to target. That is true for anything on anything you post. The question is, does anyone really care?

It's all in good fun.
Otherwise, the owners would just block the known I.P. addies of gubbamint servers.

Of course, the dedicated operatives would just move "off the reservation" to post, so the point would be moot.

I am willing to bet there are a few ounces of good gold in the server logs.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
starwarp2000 sent me the message too. Ill out him after he cant seem to respond to my messages...

Got no time for disinfotools like this guy!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Sounds a little farfetched but who knows. I don't a gov't run site would let some of the threads up that it does.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Actually the secret headquarters of ATS are located here:

visionationstudios.com...:memo-to-new-employees&catid=55:permanent-eclipse&Itemid=66

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Id watch yourselves ATSer. The poster who sent me that message wants to make idle threats via u2u...

Is there anything I can do in return?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I discussed this very issue with Jim just the other day.

BUT which government?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
If based in Langley like some say, I bet it would be US govt. More specifically the NSA/CIA

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This site contains previous members from the Us government,nasa,fbi,cia. It would be no surprice that some of the ATS members are still apart of the US government, some being friendly and informing us about things around us,others being spies and checking out what the page comes up with info.

Obama DOES want to shut down this site due alot of the information on this site has a HUGE international value. And alot of the info are not supposed to be shared to the "public". Information in the wrong hands are never good. The public are concidered the wrong hands cause we have mostly no idea what to do with the information,and if we come out with an idea it might be a bad one.

Thank god we also have alot of lesser intelligent and weird members on ATS,that way the site may be concidered "less-dangerous". Because,who would believe someone with 0 credibility.

Enjoy ATS- And thank you all high generals for the information-

El narayan elumin eluminate.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goethe
Id watch yourselves ATSer. The poster who sent me that message wants to make idle threats via u2u...

Please do NOT delete the message and forward me the text immediately.

It will be dealt with properly.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums

Originally posted by Goethe

Please do NOT delete the message and forward me the text immediately.

It will be dealt with properly.

Done!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Goethe

He sent me that message too. I posted about that in some other thread. I forget which one.
This is it:

--------------------------------------------------------
Subject:
sent: 4/5/2010 at 03:18 PM
I did a trace route on ATS. the Node Name is listed and maintained by the government.

IP Address 213.206.128 213.206.129 213.206.130

Node Name Gov-bb21-lan-14 Gov-bb22-lan-15 Gov-bb23-lan-16

Location Langley, Virginia

MS 60

Network Used whois.nic.mil (for military network information)

It was difficult to get the IP Address, It was spoofed and looped over 9 times. Anyway Langley, Virginia is where the CIA headquarters is. I'm more than concerned.

reply forward save delete

[edit on 10/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I just want to say that I know it is a hoax--left over from an April Fools Day joke from years ago.

I did my own trace when I got that u2u and it showed the trace going back to Texas.

ETA: LOL deja vu. It was earlier in this thread days ago that I first posted about this. No wonder when I looked for other threads about this I came back to this one. **very firm face palm**

[edit on 10/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48
reply to post by Goethe

Seriously now, if it is a Gov Site, that would make it about the only

good thing this Gov is doing.

Nice One!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I suppose it's a little worrying that some of us REALLY
wanted it to be true... the laughable part was that it
was out of Langley.
I've noticed... and maybe some others have that the
'www' means world-wide web and I'm betting that this
may well mean the whole world.

Are the CIA really that alone, that they can't confide
in other government agencies.
If so, they warrant the paranoid medal of the year and
should be signed up as ATS members immediately!

Great thread and... (said slowly from behind the lapel
of my raincoat in downtown Vienna)...
"the birds are flying South"
*BIAD nods and walks away, the sound of high heels
fading into the damp night*

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join