It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can they fix the oil spill without a nuke?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I guess it is a good idea to give these engineers a shot with a cone or capping device. But somehow I don't think it will work.

Do you think it will work? Would you bet on it?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Why would they use a nuke?? That would do more harm than good..... and blasting it?? where are you getting this from....

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

I don't know where I get it from. Mostly I just watch the SciFi channel for my reality fix. I guess I have been watching it too much.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
where has it been announced that they are going to strike the rupture with a nuke? not heard anything about it

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by prettygreeneyes26
where has it been announced that they are going to strike the rupture with a nuke? not heard anything about it

You just heard something about it.

OK?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Lol that seems like the perfect idea! Make a struggling ecosystem into a non-existent one.

"Nuke the site from orbit. Its the only way to be sure."

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Can they fix it without Super Glue and tuna fish?

Hey...if you are making crap up, I am to!

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Not the most credible sources in the link below, but it's an idea that's been thrown around prior to this post, so why should there be an issue with a discussion regarding alternatives...

www.lmgtfy.com...

Edit to add response to the OP:
I don't think a nuke is a good idea for anything, ever. I would not bet on it working as planned either.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by xorkion]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I saw a discussion on this here on ATS (can't find it right now) and I saw it on RT. When the USSR had a gas leak in the middle of a desert that was on fire perpetually, they drilled next to the original dig for the gas and detonated a nuclear bomb to close the vent of gas.

To answer the OP: I don't think this is a good idea...this is an actual ecosystem. I think they can fix it without a nuke. As far as if the box will work? I hope so. It seems to me like it should be able to work, but then I get stuck over the excess oil. Does the pressure equalize and then no more comes out of the bore? Or does it just fill up and leak out the bottom? I don't know, but like I said, that's the only thing hanging me up. If it equalizes, it should work. Would just be about getting the oil to a tanker at that point. Hopefully the hose doesn't rupture in an open state.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I'll take that one step further lazy xorkion.

Seems like the Ruskies have done it 5 times before too.

-m0r

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by chorizo4
reply to post by Reign02

I don't know where I get it from. Mostly I just watch the SciFi channel for my reality fix. I guess I have been watching it too much.

TRUTH

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Ummm... Serious dude you need to turn the tv off, go outside take a deep breath of some fresh air so it clears your mind up. Come back and rethink what you just asked.
The nuke will kill all life in the area. So there will be less food for people to eat. Contaminated water so the cities/towms touching the Gulf will all but disappear.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
OP doesn't have a clue...

Originally posted by LineReact0r
"Nuke the site from orbit. Its the only way to be sure."

PVT Hudson

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Hudson, Sir. He's Hicks.

-m0r

top topics