It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf of Mexico oil spill: Transocean-BP rig had safety valve problem in UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Gulf of Mexico oil spill: Transocean-BP rig had safety valve problem in UK

www.telegraph.co.uk

UK regulators issued a safety warning over a North Sea oil rig operated by Transocean and leased by BP five years ago.

The worries concerned the same key safety device – a blowout preventer – currently being blamed for 11 deaths and the growing oil slick off the US.

Transocean and BP have a number of lawsuits pending against them for alleged negligence after the Deepwater Horizon rig sunk in the Gulf of Mexico two weeks ago.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This is not looking good for Transocean or BP now. I can sense a very very considerable lawsuit being laid down against them for this disaster.

after all the theories surrounding the explosion, it may be simple negligence to cause for this huge spill.

It seems the prospect of big $$$ must have gotten in the way of proper safety checks or protocol somewhere down the line.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The oil spill is having a cascading effect.

Just like the economy cascades.

"I had sensed millions of souls crying for help, then silence." - Obi Wan

Just my observations.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

The 2006 notice claims a blowout preventer testing tool was "not suitable for the purpose for which it was provided and failed in service, exposing persons to risks that endangered their safety". This was on board its Sedco 712 rig leased by now-collapsed oil company Oilexco

I think someone is going to be in deep **** when the facts come to the table over this.

top topics

join