It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most alien believers need to use rational and critical thinking..:D

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
www.bibleufo.com...

45 ,000 BC China: Rock carvings of round UFO-like objects have been found in China's Hunan province. The depictions date back to age of the Neanderthals. 12,000 BC China: The Dropa, the name given to visitors from Sirius, came down from the clouds with their air gliders. 8000 BC Australia: The Aborigine believed in "dawn beings" from the stars. Australian aboriginal cave drawings depict celestial beings, with antenna and x-ray style drawings. They were very advanced in "aerodynamics". The boomerang is identical to a modern day aircraft wing. Aborigine means "from the beginning". 4000 BC The Sumerians from today’s Iraq had contact with extraterrestrial civilizations according to their text. The extraterrestrials also interbred with humans and traveled with them to the stars. The kings were taken to the stars by the extraterrestrials. Sumerian text coincides with "the book of genesis". Their astronomy was highly developed. They had numbers with 15 digits! The Sumerians say extraterrestrials are from Mars, the star system Pleiades, and the star Sirius. Sumerian text shows drawings of solar system. 3000 BC China: From the book " Memories of the Sovereigns and the Kings " published in the 3rd century AD, in China, in the third millennium B.C., before the birth of Huang Ti or of Chi You , "sons from the sky", would descend to Earth on a star which was the shape of a saucer. 2345 BC China: The, Hsui-nan-tzu, a Chinese classic there is a description of ten suns appearing in the sky. 2000 BC Peru’s pre-Incan civilization records the gods were from the star system Pleiades. Inca ruins have been found at 13,000 feet, with one stone weighing 20,000 tons. Legend tells of spaceships that came from the stars. Inca ornaments of "platinum" were found. Text reveals the Inca’s knew the earth was round.

And so it goes on for another 4000 years... reports of visitors/UFO's throughout history. The French even made a coin depicting a flying saucer -

www.ufocasebook.com...

"The legend written in Latin around the rim is also mystifying. 'OPPORTUNUS ADEST' translates as 'It is here at an opportune time.' Is the object in the sky symbolic of needed rainfall, or a Biblical reference or visitors from beyond? We probably will never know for certain,"

That could be Ezekiels wheel but even if it is, it looks remarkably like a flying saucer to me.

Also there are many paintings from centuries ago showing things that can only be described as alien craft.

www.bibleufo.com...

www.bibleufo.com...

www.bibleufo.com...

I am sure you are aware of these things but maybe you should think about it a bit more. If UFO's/ flying saucers were just a recent phenomenon then why are they depicted in such old drawings and why are there accounts by people in very important positions about unknown 'craft' in the skies above them?

Hell, even Christopher Columbus had a close encounter.
I don't think the U.S government were responsible for that one, do you?

So LOL, joke is on you buddy.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
While the OP does make some good points....there have been many people on this site that have made posts claiming to be 'in communication' with the 'aliens'.This is usually followed by them stating that the aliens are here to help us and that they are much better then we are.

If any of you who have made such posts read this,i would advise you to check yourself into a mental hospital or seek psychiatric evauluation.Hearing voices in your . claiming to be 'aliens' is not a sign of a mentally healthy individual.

For those of us on here who have read such posts and wonder 'what the heck are they talking about?'i dont want to be mean...but you encourage such behavior by tolerating it.ATS moderators are to blame as well.

Am i saying that you cant post such drivel? no what i am saying is that posting such drivel derails rational and criticle discussion.

Im sure those of you will say something to the effect of "dont read my posts then" or "take what you will from my word",etc.

But please go to the mental hospitals.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
The only real criticism i can give to the UFO community is how irrationally optimistic they are when it comes to aliens and there nature.I find it impossibly hard to have a rational disussion or debate with those in the UFO community that so adamantly think aliens are good and peaceful.

To them aliens CANT be hostile...it does not fit into there fantasy world.They think the aliens will come down from the stars and 'lift our species up' with there technology and superior morals & ethics.

To them aliens CANNOT be hostile...it just escapes there grasp.

I think its a form of subtle misanthropy(they hate there own species)on there part.Its so subtle they do not even know it.They look at themselves and other humans and they subconciously hate themselves and mankind.

They then take all the 'bad' traits of mankind(greed,selfishness,envy,possessivness,hatred,violence,etc)and they exaggerate the traits and associate humanity with those traits while ignoring the good ones.

They then take all the good traits of humanity (altruism,sacrifice,love,intelligence,etc)and EXAGGERATES them and projects those traits onto the aliens.

They want aliens to be everything they think we cant(remember...humans bad...humans evil).

They even try to say "aliens must be peaceful because if they are not then they would be dead"(notice how absolute that thinking is?they cant even grasp the possiblity).

That is a fallacy...for one have you met a alien? Do you know what kind of cultre aliens have? Do they think with the same logic and morals as us? Do they look at the ending of life as wrong? Do aliens look at war as we do? Do they see war as bad? Do the alien mothers(if they 2 gender species) cry or feel despair if there young is killed in war(one of the main reasons why humanity has a aversion to war...the threat of losing someone you love)?

CAN aliens EVEN feel love?

Those that think this way cant accept the fact that aliens COULD be just as greedy,just as violent,and just as hateful as humanity.

You guys have a deeply ingrained form of misanthropy...at least thats the way i see it.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by tauempire]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauempire
While the OP does make some good points....there have been many people on this site that have made posts claiming to be 'in communication' with the 'aliens'.This is usually followed by them stating that the aliens are here to help us and that they are much better then we are.

If any of you who have made such posts read this,i would advise you to check yourself into a mental hospital or seek psychiatric evauluation.Hearing voices in your . claiming to be 'aliens' is not a sign of a mentally healthy individual.

For those of us on here who have read such posts and wonder 'what the heck are they talking about?'i dont want to be mean...but you encourage such behavior by tolerating it.ATS moderators are to blame as well.

Am i saying that you cant post such drivel? no what i am saying is that posting such drivel derails rational and criticle discussion.

Im sure those of you will say something to the effect of "dont read my posts then" or "take what you will from my word",etc.

Could you please elaborate on your proffessional qualifications and the groundbreaking techniques you employ that allow you to diagnose people as requiring mental health intervention through the interwebs?

Do you also believe that the billions of religious people worldwide who claim to have a dialogue with god/allah/ whatever should be locked up too?

Alien abduction and contact experiences are always dismissed as a symptom of mental illness, money making and attention seeking, based on nothing but presumptions of the type of people involved. Have you ever stopped to consider what it would mean if just one of those millions of people was telling the truth and had an actual experience?

The world doesn't just stop at one point in time where we know all the answers. Any one that is not afraid of learning and growing will happily admit they don't have all the answers. Just because some subject areas don't fit into your neat paradigm where you have established everything that is and isn't possible, doesn't mean it's discussion is useless or a sign of mental illness.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
You believe in UFOs and you are mocking about yourself.

What a joke.

You are a joke.

Thank for the joke.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat

Could you please elaborate on your proffessional qualifications and the groundbreaking techniques you employ that allow you to diagnose people as requiring mental health intervention through the interwebs?

Do you also believe that the billions of religious people worldwide who claim to have a dialogue with god/allah/ whatever should be locked up too?

Alien abduction and contact experiences are always dismissed as a symptom of mental illness, money making and attention seeking, based on nothing but presumptions of the type of people involved. Have you ever stopped to consider what it would mean if just one of those millions of people was telling the truth and had an actual experience?

The world doesn't just stop at one point in time where we know all the answers. Any one that is not afraid of learning and growing will happily admit they don't have all the answers. Just because some subject areas don't fit into your neat paradigm where you have established everything that is and isn't possible, doesn't mean it's discussion is useless or a sign of mental illness.

My diagnosis...commen sense.And yes i think those religious folk who 'heard god' should also be put into the crazy house.

You are probably one of those i was talking about...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tauempire

As 'theability' mentioned earlier. Personal insults are not the ATS way.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Whomever started this 'queer' thread has their . in the clouds.

They are the UFO, with thoughts wandering. Might as well get the T-shirt and say: "Please, bring me back down to Earth". Which, BTW, happens to be this boards accepted name for terra firma.

Please, seek the advice of someone who may be able to help. Preferably non-confrontational, with them good beddy-bye pills.

Next...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

Im not insulting ANYONE.did i mention any specific person?

the above i said "your PROBABLY one of those im talking about".

and above even that what was insulting? me stating that people who hear voices in there .s should be put into the hospital?I was sure that was commen sense.

Its not my fault you guys are so senstive..so many of ATS make me think they are on estrogen(that was not a insult).

Unless im obstructing debate or am being bigoted(which im not).

ATS is becoming such a nazi place....i knew ATS was strict but come on!

you have people saying 10 times worse stuff then i said and you are gonne accuse me of insulting someone? because you did not agree with what i said..pathetic.

But just in case i hurt any ones feelings(god!) im sowwy.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

Im not insulting ANYONE.did i mention any specific person?

the above i said "your PROBABLY one of those im talking about".

and above even that what was insulting? me stating that people who hear voices in there .s should be put into the hospital?I was sure that was commen sense.

Its not my fault you guys are so senstive..so many of ATS make me think they are on estrogen(that was not a insult).

Unless im obstructing debate or am being bigoted(which im not).

ATS is becoming such a nazi place....i knew ATS was strict but come on!

you have people saying 10 times worse stuff then i said and you are gonne accuse me of insulting someone? because you did not agree with what i said..pathetic.

But just in case i hurt any ones feelings(god!) im sowwy.

You may not have directly insulted anyone but the tone of what you say is insulting. You make vast generalisations, ie. that UFO believers/experiences 'hear alien voices' and therefore must be certifiable. You then say I am probably one of them. What else could I construe from that apart from you think I'm insane? I'm sure you can see how that could be seen as insulting.

Just to clarify it is not necessarily a sign of mental ilness to hear voices, around 1 in 25 people experience this at some time.

I don't see how enquiring minds will get anywhere if we resort to labelling every personal experience as delusional just because there isn't physical evidence. Dismissing people as mentally ill is a neat way of ignoring any ideas that don't fit with your view of the world. Good luck to you if that's the way you want to go on your quest for answers but don't expect millions of people to take kindly to you labelling them insane when you know nothing about them.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I agree with you that people can and will say just about anything. Some quotes and claims are pretty far fetched, no doubt about it. There is a great deal said on a whole range of these topics that is just someone trying to feel important or good about themselves. But, if you try to use rational and critical thinking, you'll discover that the huge volume of information, on any of these topics, just can't be ignored. Much of the video evidence is very credible. The "Smoking Gun" being one of the best. Critical and Rational thinking should tell you that a good deal of the info/evidence is credible. The question is not if they exist but from where are they originating. That is still open to proof for most of us. I believe the best answer is likely to be "from everywhere possible". The bottom line is there is no good reason to jump to any conclusion other than the UFO's exist and odds look very good they are not all made by nations on the surface of the earth.

Even when there is "Disclosure", in a world such as we find ourselves in, there's good reason to doubt it's the real disclosure. Until I'm taken by the aliens to somewhere else of my own free will, I'll remain mildly skeptical they're the real thing. That said, if you've ever had an opportunity to attend any "gatherings", at least like they used to exist 30 years ago, you'll find there are people you meet that clearly are different with unique energies.

The bottom line is that no one can prove anything like this to someone else. Perhaps if they hand you a very, very advanced and unique technology, it might help. But until you experience it for yourself, first hand and can obtain adequate physical proof, it's not going to be your experience. It's good to be skeptical so long as that isn't synonymous with ego building and cowardice.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I can understand where you are coming from. It stems from FEAR.

Much of that fear comes from mad humans who claim to hear other worldly beings and had caused harm to others. Unfortunately, it is only these few individuals that had caused harm and society have laws to deal with them. Many billions more throughout the course of human history who heard or experienced such sensations had done no harm.

Billions? I hear you say. Yes, I admit it. Just ask the few millions who are religious and they will tell you they experienced a personal epiphany. And thats only counting the present generation. But do they go around killing people? Nope. Otherwise our civilisation would have had ended eons ago.

I am sure I would not be able to convince you, nor would want to, because personal ephipany is personal and comes about only when you are ready and cannot be forced. If you do not experienced, you will never know. And not knowing yet you berate others only means you are merely expressing ignorance.

Here at ATS, the motto is to deny ignorance. And for you put the blame on moderators for not stoping others to voice out their experiences is akin to totalitarianism, an imposition of your beliefs upon others, which makes you a potential candidate not only for the asylum, but for prison as well in this democratic society of individual rights with responsibilities to others that we live in.

It is only through intercourse and debate that mankind will learn their mistakes or evolve better. Not every case is the same for every situation. And it is from such discussions that only will scientific endeavour be made to study them. One may be mad, or depress, or maniacal, but millions of them? Thus the need and the reason for our direction into better comprehension of neuroscience and the in depth study of the human mind.

Seems like the one who needs critical thinking, an asylum and the prison may be you.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
You just need to look at the all of the worlds religions from the present and past to see that the aliens have always been here with us.
There are also written texts like the Mahabharata and the Ramayana which the Indian(Hindu) people consider their history.
Not forgetting the FACT that the Qu'ran teaches that there are many worlds in the universe with people just like us who live on them.
Thread=FAIL

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Its seems like you have not been paying attention lately on either news or anything else. Aliens are NO LONGER a theory. On the news all over the world the last 3 weeks it has been alot about the Huge governements and the world leaders informing the public about aliens. ¨

Usa\Canada\Mexico\Germany\Uk\China were shown live on CNN from a coartroom and they informed us that They have been working together with an Alien race the last 50 years. They did NOT inform about how many races wich is documented but they informed that aliens have been on this planet the last 74 000 years.

I work as a scientist, and at my field of work we very often get the help from both archeologists and historians. We work together to find FACTS and standpoints. All three leages have a very important role in this.

For many years we have been sitting on information about Aliens or at least the "idea" of an alien race on this planet. But in 1921 amongst other dates we found 100% facts and information to actually back the alien "theory". For us it has not been a theory since that time. But for the General public it is very hard to understand or even grasp at advance information and material like this.

Now on the other hand we are being more and more forced from the general public and other parts of the society to actually come forward with out findings,wich has been earlier top-secret for a reason.

10 Months ago we started to plan out HOW we are going to inform the public about these facts. The first runners are

* History Channel\Discovery Channel helping us to inform the public about the knowledge of these subjects.

* The large governments of the world will inform the public about this. Allready informed from Cnn and other foreign news channels.

And this time, it is only FACTS- There will not be possible for the sceptical or unintelligent minded humans to Debunk the information.

But we are prepared for the humans not being ready for this kind of information so we will not be surpriced about sceptical and unintellgent humans of not understanding this.

The next 18 months we will slowly inform the public through media and when the time is right( coming close). The Alien race wich the government has been working with the last 50 years will show themselves.

The airspace traffic and Alien oberservation will increase Alot the next 18 monhts.

As for links- The even slow cultural country of Norway has been informed.
I dont read norwegian but my collega helped me.

galactic2.net...

The largest newspaper in norway called VG-( The movement of the world)
also made an huge article about the meeting between the government leaders.

And to info, earlier scientist Stephen Hawkins did inform about Aliens being harmfull. That might be, but we have no contact with them. Kind aliens are the only ones we are having contact with.

Enjoy- and please watch the news and the new serie
on History channel-

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Archirvion]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
You believe the Roswell Army Air Force cant tell the difference between a flying disk and a weather balloon?

Do you believe the United States government would task those same people with dropping a nuclear bomb on Japan?

Occam's razor...that the simplest solution is usually the correct one, with regards to UFOs the simple answer is ALIEN-Not ours!

UFOs are simply not ours.. Then who? There is no evidence of ball lightning...its just a theory

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Quick question..Do you believe in god? (any god)

Evidence please...i don't want sermons, or what other humans have written on the subject over the years, i want rock solid, hard proof please..

I won't hold my breath waiting for it.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
OP may I suggest you do a little light reading on the subject, before starting a thread that alienates you from others so quickly. Not just because people disagree with you but your thread goes against everything this site stands for.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The OP is serious troll... Insulting people with a different view is a waste of time.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

i respect your wanting proof. maybe we will all have it very soon.

one of the things that is really curious about our society is that we go on and on and on about only trusting "experts" and will not listen to anything that anybody who isn't an expert has to say. this can be applied to pretty much every sort of area, health, medicine, education, astrology, ET experts, etc..

just because we as a society haven't granted the title of "expert" to a person does not make him or her any less credible. it is silly. information is information. if information comes from a person who lives on a farm in the middle of nowhere who happens to see or experience something, or an expert from 20 years of research and study, it should make no difference. it is the mind that tricks us into believing that one source is more credible than another.

from somebody who is a very strong believer of extremely intelligent life elsewhere, and what you call "alien" life here on this planet, i hope that you get your "proof" very soon

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Once upon a time, someone said "Everyone who believes the earth is round is a joke..."

Someone else said "Bats are blind".

Another person once said we only use 10% of our brains...

A lot of people still think Koalas are bears.

Thomas Crapper did not invent the flush toilet, Thomas Edison did not invent the light bulb, and Henry Ford did not invent the automobile or the internal combustion engine, but at one point in time, you thought all these were true... because that's what you were taught.

Calling someone a joke for believing in something that you cannot disprove is well, funny.

I'd even go so far as to say that "rational and critical thinking" are what lead a large percentage of "believers" to be "believers".

I won't bother dissecting the abundance of hypocritical statements in your posts.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join