It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most alien believers need to use rational and critical thinking..:D

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

If you have a read through some of these threads here you'll see that there is much to debunk your video without actually having to waste actual time 'debunking' it.

I'd recommend a read of some of Aesop's more prominent fables.

-m0r

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Just three random things I can think of.

1. The male and female of most species and thier reproductive organs create life.
(Could be worded better but I am not great with words
)

2.The Earth revolves around the Sun...which in turn creates seasons. (I could be more scientific..but why...you get what I mean
)

3. There is no solid proof that alien life is here...and all you have is heresay and absolutely no evidence to back it up. I am not talking about the martian rock and other things....I am talking about living breathing aliens who can communicate with us.

Way to play it safe

What I perceive from your response is that you are seemingly a very closed-minded individual. Which I significantly find to be quite the joke.

However, I will remain on topic. Your opinion of people who believe in Aliens and their potential terrestrial existence as being a "joke" just shows me that you lack couth and have an apparent inability to discuss your opinion in a civil manner.

One could presume, based on your line of thinking that you are only inclined to believe what is deemed to be fact.

On that note, consider Copernicus, who was persecuted and Galileo was killed for his findings based on Copernicus' work in regards to the Earth being round. It was absolute fact that the Earth was flat.

In retrospect, you deeming individuals a "joke" for believing in something despite your view of what you believe to be fact is mundane in comparison to the aforementioned. None the less, you're entitled to your opinion, no matter how much of a "joke" anyone thinks it is. However, a vast majority of ATS members, regardless of their opinions, are able to debate topics without the need for a personal attack. You should try it sometime.

I have to give you credit for changing the title of the thread, there is hope for you yet.

Regards,
UberL33t

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by theability
reply to post by kerazeesicko

So I see the MAJOR title change you have had here!

I guess you have seen that others really don't appreciate such labels as was dished out with your original title.

Kind of hard to have a discussion when your calling people a joke!

right?

I still believe in my orginal title but a fellow member thought it was best to change it. He/She maybe a fellow non believer..so I can accomadated for him/her..

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I still believe in my orginal title but a fellow member thought it was best to change it. He/She maybe a fellow non believer..so I can accomadated for him/her..

If you were trying to make a statement, I think you have accomplished that already.

As for the discussion part, it comes with inviting the otherside to participate, but still if you think I am a joke for believing in aliens so be it. I could care less what you have to think of me. But that isn't the reason we are here is it?

We are here to share and discuss views not play the finger pointing game.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

What I perceive from your response is that you are seemingly a very closed-minded individual. Which I significantly find to be quite the joke.

Actually I am very open minded..
I am open to the idea of Alien visitation I am speaking to the people who are willing to believe anything..no matter how irrational. A plausible theory would be that they are here studying us...they may take a few to study....but then you believers go further than that...you start to state they are here for interbreeding, to control the government or working with them and they can do pretty much anything...go through walls....pretty much supernatural stuff....thats where it becomes laughable. My favourite one is....they open up your back or other areas of the body and leave no trace....but your arms and legs...they will leave marks ....actually in areas you would find marks if you had taken a fall and forgot about it..it is amazing what they can do...unless it comes to arms and legs

So yes...to me and most others of this planet....there is no credible evidence to help the belief they are here.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Want me to poke a quick and easy hole in your theories that aliens aren't amongst us and that UFOs don't equal alien spacecraft?

Explain these (apologies in advance for the awful disco-ish background music):

Now I'm not saying I truly believe that aliens are among us or that all UFOs are alien - but these paintings, painted LONG before there were any conventional aircraft, give me enough reason to keep an open mind about it.

I'd recommend you keep an open mind also.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by sos37]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Ugh...I have seen many videos of this type
. The people who claim such things have no degrees in art history or archeology and then they make claims as to the meanings of these things. Believers will always see what they want...thats all I know. They mock the bible as a fictional book some times but will use that book to help thier beliefs..Ie Ezikiel wheel. So all facts concerning Jesus and the Devil or fictional but the Supposed Ufos in the bible are real...

I believe the entire Bible was fiction made by men to control the weak minded. I am not saying there isn't a God..but If there is one based soiley on love it would not be the bible version.

Only experts in these fields can truly tell us what they mean...and no fool with a great imagination will sway me to believe there is were aliens even back than.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by kerazeesicko]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

there is no credible evidence to help the belief they are here.

You say that with such enthusiasm, so much so that I would say that you believe it to be absolute fact as far as I can tell. Here's where it becomes contradictory to the very claim you're making. Many of the contributors of this thread have supplied evidence to back their belief.

From what I've read, all you've contributed is your opinion. You claimed in the OP that there is no proof. So I ask the same of you, what proof can you provide that they aren't here and doing everything you say they're not? Besides your skewed opinion that is.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Dude, I'm not talking about God here, or religion. I'm talking about painters, artisans from all cultures who have painted, carved, sculpted odd looking and out of place objects and people into their art. Things that have a common denominator - they fly, they glow, they look like modern-day aircraft or UFO sightings and they are significant enough that the artist took the time to incorporate them into their art.

Why would they do that if there was nothing in existence at the time to base it on? Where would they get the idea to do this and why are these anomalies so strikingly similar?

[edit on 6-5-2010 by sos37]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Believers will always see what they want...thats all I know.

Just as you believe what you want...correct? So what's the difference?

I am not saying there isn't a God.

Oh? Prove it! What leads you to believe that God exists pray tell?

Edit to add: I wasn't going to go down this road, but I am glad you decided to bring it up.

[edit on 5/6/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

I don't have to read them, every word comes from personal experience with these alien people. If you had read them and understood what was written than you wouldn't try to slide by an open and honest request with a snide remark. You did prove my point by expessing pride in your ignorance. CAN you be honest enough to watch the video and comment on what you see. Can you display your intellect for us? s914.photobucket.com... There are about a hundred videos of aliens here.

[edit on 013131p://am3129 by debris765nju]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
i find it funny how some people are still ignorant to believe humans dominate the universe as the sole spiecies, lol.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

there is no credible evidence to help the belief they are here.

You say that with such enthusiasm, so much so that I would say that you believe it to be absolute fact as far as I can tell. Here's where it becomes contradictory to the very claim you're making. Many of the contributors of this thread have supplied evidence to back their belief.

From what I've read, all you've contributed is your opinion. You claimed in the OP that there is no proof. So I ask the same of you, what proof can you provide that they aren't here and doing everything you say they're not? Besides your skewed opinion that is.

Ok that is one of the believers most stupidest arguements ever..how can I possibly prove something I do not believe in does in fact not exist...
.I don't believe in aliens...my proof is..I have never seen one nor has anyone ever photographed one/video taped one..nor can anyone provide any evidence that is without question from an alien civilization, there is no body out there...no fingerprints...no DNA sample...in fact...there is nothing out there but a few delusional people claiming to have seen one. So my proof lies in the lack of evidence. You might try that old saying on me...which goes something like just cuz you can't prove it does exist does not mean it doesn't. Well no evidence what so ever helps prove that aliens do not exist on Earth. Where is your proof they do exist....stories do not count...because I could find stories about how vampires, werewolves and fairies that say they do exist and we know they do not.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by kerazeesicko]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Believers will always see what they want...thats all I know.

Just as you believe what you want...correct? So what's the difference?

I am not saying there isn't a God.

Oh? Prove it! What leads you to believe that God exists pray tell?

Edit to add: I wasn't going to go down this road, but I am glad you decided to bring it up.

[edit on 5/6/2010 by UberL33t]

Well I believe what I want because of the lack of credible evidence out there...and I am not the only one....The majority of the Human race is with me...but then again even if the majority of humans did believe it....Does not mean I would fall in line...

I never claimed God exists...but lets use your arguement...prove it he/she/it does not...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Hmmm! I haven't commented on any posts in a few years now, but this one is worthy of my attention.

If an alien lands their ship on your front lawn and he knocks on your door and introduces himself to you via telepathy there will still be some skeptics to find ways to cut into the facts and try to relate it to a terrestrial event or a warped mind or some such nonsense.

There are plenty of contributors on this board so I am usually content with just reading through everyone's points of view and the information they lead me too, but in any court of law, the "circumstantial" evidence already presented is substantial and compelling enough to warrant an exhaustive investigation by world leaders. Now, why would they just choose to ignore it.

Conclusion: They must have something to hide.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FactFinder
Hmmm! I haven't commented on any posts in a few years now, but this one is worthy of my attention.

If an alien lands their ship on your front lawn and he knocks on your door and introduces himself to you via telepathy there will still be some skeptics to find ways to cut into the facts and try to relate it to a terrestrial event or a warped mind or some such nonsense.

There are plenty of contributors on this board so I am usually content with just reading through everyone's points of view and the information they lead me too, but in any court of law, the "circumstantial" evidence already presented is substantial and compelling enough to warrant an exhaustive investigation by world leaders. Now, why would they just choose to ignore it.

Conclusion: They must have something to hide.

Or they know there is nothing to it and are happy the public have these theories...because it allows them to test certain things if people are going to blame...ALIENS. Also there is no good circumstantial evidence out there...only that there are mysterious lights..and which is most likely military black ops in which case they would like it to be kept secret.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

It is easy to say there is no evidence out there if you refuse to examine that which is placed before you. I would like to point out that the forum you are posting on is full of rabid skeptics and if you are seeking a position among them you need to open your mind. A skeptic that is illinformed or simply assinine is an embarassment to the group. You really should not attack people or call them names. Being wrong is not a crime and unless you are a judge, are not empowered to judge people nor their beliefs. Perhaps aliens just don't like you. You can't even not like them back because you don't believe in them. Bummer.

[edit on 033131p://am3141 by debris765nju]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju
I don't have to read them, every word comes from personal experience with these alien people.

Every inarticulate, poorly expressed, vague, lying, conceited word?

Goes to show you don't read them, or anything else, I suppose.

If you had read them and understood what was written than you wouldn't try to slide by an open and honest request with a snide remark.

I have read them, or rather wasted my time with them, and can honestly say there is nothing more to see here than someone with poor electronic art skills seeing something that is not anywhere other than in their own imagination. Even the kooks here don't buy into it hence the lack of stars and flags.

Now that is saying something around here.

You did prove my point by expessing pride in your ignorance. CAN you be honest enough to watch the video and comment on what you see.

I'm glad your point, however unknown it is to us - the uninitiated public, was proven. I'm not sure who is being prideful here. I'm not the one putting up images and videos of nothing more than ill-conceived sets and then applying filters to them to make them more...'paranormal'.

I am honest enough to comment and I hope you grasp my sentiment throughout this post - you did request it (and an honest one at that - only happy to oblige whilst restraining myself to being civil).

Can you display your intellect for us? s914.photobucket.com... There are about a hundred videos of aliens here.

I'm not here to 'display my intellect'. I will however say that your 'photographs' and/or 'videos' are nothing more than the idle meanderings of someone completely inproficient in basic digital image manipulation and reek of attention seeking behaviour and a complete lack of ethics towards the truly unknown.

To summarise;

You asked for an honest reply to your videos which I have given you in 2 replies to your posts for such. I find all of your threads created here to be laughable to the point of pain and your ability to misconstrue coloured pixels as idiotic to the point of insanity. To expect others in the First World to give away their valuable time to pander to the childish, and belligerent, wants of someone so far removed from understanding the basic premise of critical thinking and understanding is to ask for the President of the United States of America to drop of a bag of sugar at your house on his way home from work.

I hope you can take this critique which you asked for and use it to better your use of free time which may result in something more productive for everyone.

I hope this finds you well.

-m0r

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

1924, a large comet like bluish white object zigzags across the sky somewhere in a remote part of southeast asia observed by all the town. Back then this is the subject of old folks' tales as a comet coming home to a rock formation ever so infrequently.

are you telling me good old uncle sam already had this technology before 1924 that it became part of local folklore?

[edit on 6-5-2010 by reject]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
While I am sure many witnesses to UFO events are complete crackpots, it is important to note, if only a single abduction victim or witness is telling the truth about their experience then that would take the issue from the realm of possibility to one of fact based on a personal encounter. I find it difficult to believe that all of the witnesses and abduction victims on Earth were having a psychotic episode or sleep walking at the time of their encounter.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join