It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most alien believers need to use rational and critical thinking..:D

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'm just posting here to see if my Avatar works, but on a sidenote I'll chip in and let the OP know that I'm glad he's here. And if he sees something in the future, best of luck on convincing other skeptics.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I did not read through much of this thread. I may later.

"I do believe in UFO's as I have seen them but to me they are Unidentified Flying Objects not UFOs = Alien spacecraft."

So you belief in UFO's?
UFO = Unidentifed Flying Objects
UFO's = Alien spacecraft

I really dont get this part.

Anyways, ill likely be looking through this thread more now, just needed to post that first.

Cheers

[edit on 5-5-2010 by FoxMulder91]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
OP I have a challenge for you if you're willing to accept it.

Post 3 things that you, without question, believe in with every iota of your being.

I assure you, for every item in your list there will be at least one person that finds that what you believe in is a complete joke.

Do you accept the challenge?

I'll monitor this thread for a bit to see if you were willing.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow[/ There are actually multiple aliens in the photograph, if you enlarge it you will find the enties have many faces. they are small and form collectives for travel purposes and hunting. These aliens actually abducted a police constable.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Any post that has lol in the thread title is never going to end well.. just saying.

As far as alien visitation goes, there is actually a heck of a lot of proof. The -only- thing you could dismiss some of the sightings with is "secret government technology," which I will challenge repeatedly, in many of the cases, as it makes no sense.

If you can dismiss all of the less fantastical sightings with sound logic... I'm all ears. But you can't. So you might want to rethink your 'lol' opinion at least.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I do think perhaps a change in thread title may be in order.

Some alien believers make me laugh, ergo they may be a joke.

Some alien believers also try their best to use critical thinking to form reasonable conclusions based upon their personal bias - these guys are imaginative and worth hearing out.

Some alien believers will believe anything and everything they are told and prevent actual investigation to undergo it's procedures - these guys not only harm research but fill it up with nonsense taken as fact. These guys are funny pathetic, not funny haha.

Some alien believers can make a funny but still hold that the possibility of life visiting Earth. They can also take a good bit of banter and know the fallacy of unsupported claims. These guys are funny (haha) people but not actual jokes.

There's tons more. But I'm afraid that many of those who 'moderate' these parts are themselves believers and whilst their position as a joke is questionable on a per case basis their position on what is humorous is harder to predict that whether or not we are being visited by beings from other planets.

S+F OP for putting your neck out. Perhaps reread what you've written and get someone to proof it first next time though eh?

-m0r

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The premise of this thread is no better than Matrix Rising's anti-skepticism threads. They do nothing to further our understanding of the subject, serving only to build animosity among members.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

I changed the title....because perhaps it was a bit harsh..
. I still believe my original title was great though...well for me

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Any post that has lol in the thread title is never going to end well.. just saying.

As far as alien visitation goes, there is actually a heck of a lot of proof. The -only- thing you could dismiss some of the sightings with is "secret government technology," which I will challenge repeatedly, in many of the cases, as it makes no sense.

If you can dismiss all of the less fantastical sightings with sound logic... I'm all ears. But you can't. So you might want to rethink your 'lol' opinion at least.

I do not need to discredit all sightings...most if not all have already been done by much more intelligent members and scientists...thier explainations use a lot more rational thought than most of you guys do.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju
reply to post by easynow[/ There are actually multiple aliens in the photograph, if you enlarge it you will find the enties have many faces. they are small and form collectives for travel purposes and hunting. These aliens actually abducted a police constable.

Sure there is
. This is not helping your case..just to let you know.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

dude, that picture was like the surprise exorcist photo you find on the internet sometimes.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I am going to bump this post in the event that the OP missed it during the title editing process.

Originally posted by UberL33t

Post 3 things that you, without question, believe in with every iota of your being.

I assure you, for every item in your list there will be at least one person that finds that what you believe in is a complete joke.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Just three random things I can think of.

1. The male and female of most species and thier reproductive organs create life.
(Could be worded better but I am not great with words
)

2.The Earth revolves around the Sun...which in turn creates seasons. (I could be more scientific..but why...you get what I mean
)

3. There is no solid proof that alien life is here...and all you have is heresay and absolutely no evidence to back it up. I am not talking about the martian rock and other things....I am talking about living breathing aliens who can communicate with us.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by kerazeesicko]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Wow. That was some OP title change you made there. Did you realize you were offending too many people?

At least now it doesn't sound so much like you were calling yourself a joke.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

3. There is no solid proof that alien life is here...and all you have is heresay and absolutely no evidence to back it up. I am not talking about the martian rock and other things....I am talking about living breathing aliens who can communicate with us.

There is no solid proof that it ISN'T here either.... If they have the ability to get here from where they are, they have the ability to cover up the fact that they are here......

Does that mean it isn't real? There is no solid proof to me that you exist. Yet I see posts from your name in this thread. How do I know there aren't multiple people pretending to be a single entity posting comments here?

[edit on 6-5-2010 by webpirate]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Some of your attempts to talk trash about me are just pathetic...
I mean really....I want to be abducted?...sure why not....if they exist...come and get me...one of my houses is in the country and is pretty much way out there in the woods...I spend time there when I want time to myself.

Also as for my qualifications...I have none...my life is secret and which is why I enjoy forums such as these...1. they are good for a laugh...2. the anonymity...I can't speak out in real life...because of who I am and it may effect dealings with americans..ie..my anti american stance at times(don't get me wrong...america is great...but some your people are just idiots).

At an early age I once believed...and with my money and resources...I did my own investigations....and came up with nada. I spenty quite a bit of money and time and in the end....came away disappointed. I was involved with supposed alien abductions...had my own team of experts...and we all agreed there is nothing to it. We have footage my guys want to show...that prove many of these abductions are fake...dreams and possible mental illness. The believers want these videos squashed...because it shows what happens during an actual alien abduction..or I mean to say does not happen
. Some cases have made headlines in the UFO community. I never want these things shown because of my reputation.....I do not want partners, board members and such to know I had anything to do with this field...I could lose a lot.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
How many people who are posting on this thread actually bothered to examine the video? You are not searching for truth nor enlightenment. You are too busy with intellectual one-upmanship. If you were really intelligent you would have downloaded the video and you would be trying to figure out why those flickering lights around my head have faces..Please try to prove the video a hoax. About the ilkley moor aliens, they are the same type as appear in my video. Furthermore, i value truth more than an elevated flag contributor level. deny ignorance.....your own.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
So alien believers need to be more rational huh. I think alien believers are the most rational people you can find, We dont just take any information for face value, in fact many UFO stories have been debunked by believers them selves. You choose your playing fields. There is more evidence out there that prove alien civilizations have been here before than information to disprove this matter. Please dont ask me for this information it can all be found conducting your own legitimate research. I will provide this link though just to give you an idea.

jointreconstudygroup.blogspot.com...

I don't believe in every UFO story that surfaces, but sometimes you have to take into consideration that something is definitely occurring beyond our understanding of reality. Even our own government is riddled with stories taken from highly decorated officials. I have never confronted an alien myself, but to even think that intelligent life forms don't exist beyond our galaxy is an immature thought process that just opens it self up to destruction. We haven't even fully grasped the human mind to say the least. What makes you think we've conquered the universe and all its glory.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Theability: Well I hope the situation in my avatar, ends up in his room one night, now wouldn't that be vindication?
Psst ... theability ... I think you're exactly right, but I don't want the Op to hear me say that I think he/she secretly wants to be abducted. He/she is obviously jealous of abductees. Shhh.... remember, I didn't say anything & I was never here ...

Well I never saw it that way before, but good point!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

So I see the MAJOR title change you have had here!

I guess you have seen that others really don't appreciate such labels as was dished out with your original title.

Kind of hard to have a discussion when your calling people a joke!

right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join