It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Tylenol is Dangerous now??!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I always used to tell everyone "Hey I wont take any Pharmaceutical drugs, except something like Tylenol which is obviously safe".

I guess I was wrong!

There is a Tylenol recall due to contamination right now!
money.cnn.com...

The Food and Drug Administration confirmed Wednesday that the bacteria found at the Johnson & Johnson plant that produced the recalled children's medicines was Burkholderia cepacia, a bacteria often resistant to common antibiotics.

What is Burkholderia cepacia ??

en.wikipedia.org...

B.cepacia was discovered by Walter Burkholder in 1949 as the culprit of onion skin rot, and first described as a human pathogen in the 1950s.[10] In the 1980s, it was first recognized in individuals with cystic fibrosis,and outbreaks were associated with a 35% death rate. Burkholderia cepacia has a large genome, containing twice the amount of genetic material as E. coli.

B. cepacia is an important human pathogen which most often causes pneumonia in immunocompromised individuals with underlying lung disease (such as cystic fibrosis or chronic granulomatous disease).

Scary stuff seriously.

A Recall means they actually let this contaminated stuff slip through and get into distribution.

A total failure of our medical system! We need to clamp down on these Pharmaceutical Corporations and start demanding accountability!

What happened to inspections and checking your drugs before you release them?? Oh yeah that costs too much, just ship it out anyways we need more profits!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

and outbreaks were associated with a 35% death rate.

Need I say more? This is serious.

These people act like it's no big deal...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The topic is already being discussed here

Closing.

new topics

join