It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Columbia Mo SWAT Raid 2/11/2010. Cops Shoot Pets With Children Present

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Columbia Mo SWAT Raid 2/11/2010. Cops Shoot Pets With Children Present

www.youtube.com

pscyhostyle — May 03, 2010 — This video shows a search warrant served by the Columbia Mo. police department. The cops bust in this guys house in the middle of the night and shoot his two dogs (one a pit bull that was caged in the kitchen and the other a Corgi) with children in the home. it turns out that rather than a big time drug dealer, this guy had a small pipe with some resin in it, a grinder, and what the cops here call "a small amount of marijuana" (meaning less than a few grams). We here in Comlumbia want everyone to know what kind of police department we have here, check out
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Wow, where to start? This looks like more police brutality. If any of us peons were to shoot a dog like that they would be faced with a felony of animal abuse. If any of us peons shot a police dog like that we would be sentenced to prison for life for shooting a "police officer"

Our society is beyond backwards, its sickening. The police were in the wrong here, and they spun a web of lies in order to cover their behinds, its sickening.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
BASTARDS!!!

Im sick and tired of these Aholes, I really am.

If that was my dog, the guy who shot him, would be on the other end of my choking hands.

Sick Bastards.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
BASTARDS!!!

Im sick and tired of these Aholes, I really am.

If that was my dog, the guy who shot him, would be on the other end of my choking hands.

Sick Bastards.

One small problem. Your wife would be getting pimpslapped, and you would be on the ground screaming, just like the poor guy in the video.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Made this a few hours ago:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
A warning was announced to call off the dogs before they entered. No brutal force was used, warnings were clearly issued.

Is Youtube considered a news source now? Where in this video is there a dog that was in the cage?

Show the actual article mentioning of such atrocities instead of a junkie standing up for another junkie.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Gee....when did smoking a little pot make one a "junkie"?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cornczech
Gee....when did smoking a little pot make one a "junkie"?

Let me be politically collect ....one pothead protecting another pothead....

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Guess I better post the related news stories here to:

Family questions SWAT drug search that led to dog’s death

Whitworth was arrested, and his wife and 7-year-old son were present during the SWAT raid, Haden said. A second dog, which Whitworth’s attorney Jeff Hilbrenner described as a corgi, also was shot but was not killed.

“The family is concerned with what happened,” Hilbrenner said. “We don’t feel like what happened in the home was appropriate. The priority right now for us is the misdemeanor charges.”

Police discovered a grinder, a pipe and a small amount of marijuana, Haden said. Because the SWAT team acts on the most updated information available, the team wanted to enter the house before marijuana believed to be at the location could be distributed, she said.

Columbia Tribune

and:

Drug raid inquiry is ongoing
Target questions tactics of SWAT.

Jonathan E. Whitworth, 25, of 1501 Kinloch Court entered into a plea agreement with the state to drop charges of possession of marijuana and second-degree child endangerment for a guilty plea to possession of drug paraphernalia.

Investigators believed Whitworth was in possession of a large amount of marijuana and was considered a distributor, Deputy Chief Tom Dresner said in February. Police, who found a grinder, a pipe and a small amount of marijuana, shot two dogs upon entering Whitworth’s home around 8:30 p.m. Feb. 11.

SWAT team members encountered a pit bull upon entry, held back and then fatally shot the dog, police say. Officers said the dog was acting in an uncontrollably aggressive manner. A video of the raid shows that a shot was fired upon entry, but the pit bull was not wounded until later.

Whitworth was arrested, and his wife and 7-year-old son were present during the raid. Both his wife and child were living in the residence at the time, said Jeff Hilbrenner, Whitworth’s attorney. Dresner previously said that intelligence gathered before the raid did not indicate the child was in the home.

A second dog was shot in the leg but was not killed. The corgi is seen in the video and does not appear to be wounded. There is no indication when the dog was shot, and Dresner previously said he was unsure when the animal was wounded.

Columbia Tribune

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Let me get this straight....They sent in a whole swat team for a pipe and a pinch of weed? Talk about overkill.

Legalize the crap. No more dogs dying over pot and wasted tax dollars.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Apparently, their intel was so bad, they didn't even know there was a kid living in the house.

Who was their CI, a Ouiji board?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

You are aware that drug dealers keep Pit Bulls to attack the Cops so they can escape? They abuse the dogs to make them mean. They had children in that house.

The informant told them there were LARGE amounts of drugs in the house. They were probably sold before they acted on the tip.

How do I know, twenty five years now since I stuck a needle in my arm. Believe me the Cops were in far more danger than anyone else. Raising kids in a drug house is abuse, period end of subject. You do and sell drugs around your children, you are a class a jerk and a child abuser.

I had a life long friend who did that. Her son committed suicide at 17 while mainlining meth. Learned it from his Mother. His Father bled to death when he fell down drunk on a sidewalk while stoned on Heroine and broke a bottle of Bud in his hand. That happened when their kid was 6. Mom ended up in Prison for dealing Meth and Pharmaceuticals. She died a few weeks ago of liver failure at the old age of 53. Whole family dead from drugs.

The dog is dead because of the man they were there to arrest. Everything else is a damn lie.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by antonia

You are aware that drug dealers keep Pit Bulls to attack the Cops so they can escape? They abuse the dogs to make them mean. They had children in that house.

And how do you know that particular family did that?

The informant told them there were LARGE amounts of drugs in the house. They were probably sold before they acted on the tip.

Or the informant might have been wrong. Or worse yet, the informant might have been lying through his teeth to cover his own butt. Happens all the time.

How do I know, twenty five years now since I stuck a needle in my arm.

I don't care, it has nothing to do with what is being discussed here.

Believe me the Cops were in far more danger than anyone else. Raising kids in a drug house is abuse, period end of subject. You do and sell drugs around your children, you are a class a jerk and a child abuser.

You have no proof they were selling the drugs, only the words of an informant who probably called on a tip line.

I had a life long friend who did that. Her son committed suicide at 17 while mainlining meth. Learned it from his Mother. His Father bled to death when he fell down drunk on a sidewalk while stoned on Heroine and broke a bottle of Bud in his hand. That happened when their kid was 6. Mom ended up in Prison for dealing Meth and Pharmaceuticals. She died a few weeks ago of liver failure at the old age of 53. Whole family dead from drugs.

Again, I don't care. Your story has nothing to do with what is being discussed here. Either you can prove the man was selling or you can't. They found no evidence the accused was selling drugs of any type.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
IF you are raiding a house you are trained to neutralize all animals that may be a threat, especially if they are a big time drug dealer because most likely the animals are there to protect their house. This is not uncommon even in the states. But judging by reading into this story it was not justified but still the last thing you want to worry about when serving a warrant or raiding a residence is a damn dog giving you rabies and mauling you to death.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

Sick. You guys are sick. Police???

YOU OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED. RIP THAT BADGE OFF.

I am sure half of the officers in this video own dogs, they should have their beloved pets shot right in front of them and their children's faces too. How does it feel "OFFICERS" to be subhuman. I hope you watch this video over and over again and puke all over your keyboards looking at how DISGUSTING you acted. I hope this man files a massive lawsuit and ruins all your lives.

PATHETIC COWARDS.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
IF you are raiding a house you are trained to neutralize all animals that may be a threat, especially if they are a big time drug dealer because most likely the animals are there to protect their house. This is not uncommon even in the states. But judging by reading into this story it was not justified but still the last thing you want to worry about when serving a warrant or raiding a residence is a damn dog giving you rabies and mauling you to death.

All I read in the OP was "...one dog in a cage and a corgi."

Neutralize any threat...hmm...let's see:

"...one dog in a CAGE and a CORGI."

My threat level of the dogs in this scenario as an officer in a huge squad with body armor and assault rifles should be 1.5/10.0

Hell, they could even punch that corgi once with a solid fist if need be.

What are these thugs thinking?

Edited to show how vicious a Corgi is

[edit on 5-5-2010 by DrEyebrows]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I am not saying they are in the right. IF you would have read my post you would know that.... I am just saying this because I was in training to become a SWAT officer in Dallas and that is what they trained us to do.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
A warning was announced to call off the dogs before they entered. No brutal force was used, warnings were clearly issued.

Actually, if you analyze the footage closely there is no such evidence for warnings, or statements to 'call off the dogs'.

I posted in CanadianDream's thread about this.

The first shot is fired, you guessed it, right after the door opens.

at 0:30 the police knock and announce their arrival, 0:40 the door opens, 0:42 shot fired.

Then another shot at 0:49

And then apparently they missed the dogs, so 3 more shots were fired at 1:04...

But when were these warnings issued? When did they ask the suspect to 'call off the dogs'? I don't understand where that is coming from. If they didn't shoot a dog right when the door opened, what'd they shoot?!

Clearly, the first shot was fired without warning or a demand to 'call off the dogs'.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
As a Christian, I’m supposed to respect authority but lately I'm really finding it hard.

I’m an animal lover. If I was one of those cops I would have found it hard to shoot a dog unless he was already clamped down on me. I would take a bite first before I shot a dog.

I hope the guy sues and wins.

If they would legalize herb all the hypocrite alcoholics would have to get off their high horses. Alcohol kills more people than herb.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
OMG that is the most disturbing video that I have ever seen ! Those poor dogs

I hope those SOB's that shot those dogs rot in hell forever
I hope they get some major Karma payback ! That is just sick ! They didn't have to shoot those dogs, they didn't even give anyone a chance to put the dogs away.

There was a thread last year, or the year before where the same thing happened, they raided some "drug dealers" house and shot and killed his dog (or dogs). Turns out their "intel" was wrong also, the house belonged to (I beleive) the mayor.

It's disgusting what some cops will do.

The sound of those dogs crying in pain after being shot will stay with me for a long, long time.

Thankfully not all cops are low lifes that will kill an innocent animals like they did.

reply to post by prionace glauca

I don't know what video you watched. There was no warning announced to call off the dogs. Shooting those dogs like that was brutal force. They announced that they were the police and that they had a search warrant, and that's all they announced.

They kicked in the door and immediately fired one shot, snd then you hear a dog yelp in pain immediately after that first shot. Then they continue to shoot and the dog continues to cry louder and louder and then you also hear another dog cry out.

Warnings about the dogs were NOT clearly issued.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join