It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why I don't believe in ufo's and ET'S

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Aliens and UFO's are totally different imo. UFO's are probably military aircraft that we don't know about yet. Remember the "triangle" UFO's of decades past?

The photo of the Belgium Triangle UFO didn't correlate to any known NATO or foreign airframe. It's still an unknown. And it's behavior did not seem to be that of a covert human craft. Belgium checked and nobody knew what it was.

The famous aerospace engineer Ben Rich believed UFOs come in two categories. Our classified stuff, and true ET technology. He didn't give a direct reason why he believed this. However a man in his position is bound to be in the "know", if there is recovered or gifted ET technology in the hands of the US defense establishment.

There is more to this than us outsiders will ever know. And you have to realize there are things you don't know. But at least you can know you don't know them. Did you know Rumsfeld gave an interview in 2001, discussing the fact the DoD couldn't account for 2 trillion dollars in transactions ?

I believe in the DUMBs, I believe in UFOs and aliens, however I don't think anyone knows the big picture, except a handful of elites like Kissinger or Bush 41, and they'll never talk.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Schaden]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by prettygreeneyes26
Why would aliens only speak to hierarchy leaders and not normal fellow citizens.

Who is to say that they do only speak to leaders? There are numerous claims from ordinary people stating that they have been contacted and spoken to by aliens. Betty and Barney Hill ring any bells?

No-one even has a real evidence photo of an ET

And you know this how? Even if you were looking at a picture of a genuine alien it's doubtful you would believe it were real. And if a real picture of a bona-fide alien were posted on ATS there would be the inevitable skeptics claiming it was a costume or CGI.

Very suspicious ufo's come out of the closet when there are a lot of things going on in the world, attention please look here not there.

Tell me when is there NOT a lot of things going on in the world? There is always a crisis going on somewhere.

If aliens with superior technology did visit earth they would not take orders or sign contracts with the government, remember they could mutilate us all and take take.

And that's a professional opinion? Again you know this how? You presume to speak for leaders of an alien race now and know their motives?

There seems to be too many books on ET'S rather than real evidence.

You talking about non-fiction? I'm assuming so. If so, that's an opinion. Not fact. These books on ET's aren't real evidence because why? Can you successfully refute the author's story and prove it?

People make money out of ET's and UFO sightings.

And just as many don't. Many just want to be heard and be believed.

nothing is real its all an illusion created by man to deter you from the real truth.

Got proof to back this up? Didn't think so. Remember, you made the claim so we'll need proof that ALL UFO/alien encounters are man-made.

just had a few words to express how I felt on the subject, disclosure.....yawn yawn

They are the words of a closed-minded individual or a disinfo agent. Either way, you only rally more closed-minded indivuduals to your call and the rest of us - your words re-affirm the notion that those who refuse to believe do so out of their own pride and selfishness, not on fact and logic.

Don't you get it? We here on ATS aren't going to be able to prove anything one way or the other. There is no solid proof of aliens or their ships, but there are enough anomalous incidents and occurrences that cannot be explained away by conventional or rational means. You can neither prove nor disprove aliens short of a ship landing in broad daylight and an alien allowing a full interview on the news.

The question is to which mindset do you decide to keep - an open mind or a closed mind?

[edit on 6-5-2010 by sos37]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Jesus Christ was an Astronaut.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
you know there's a very logical answer to all of your "problems" with UFOlogy... I would recommend 'Communion' by Whitley Strieber, reading someone's first-hand account of the abduction experience might offer a fresh perspective for you on the matter.

Communion is a great work of fiction I agree. Strieber revamped the abduction narrative with great success and it sold. Sadly his books also sent droves of feeble minded individuals into hypnotherapy where artists and history professors (posing as "experts") helped them spin tales of absurdity.

Everything about the abduction phenomena that has been "found" through hypnotherapy is worthless, worthless.

But I agree, Communion is a great book.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

You make it sound like a joyride at Disneyland with people waiting in line for hypnosis and then exiting with a picture of them with an alien.

Many of the people who seek hypnotherapy are genuinely afraid and in mental anguish. Many after hypnosis are no better off with the answers they have, whether they are false or not. Therapy is not worthless to the person involved, so please a little respect. Just because it doesn't equate to evidence, does not make the process worthless.

Secondly, Streiber was hardly the first to promote hypnosis. If I recall correctly, one of the first cases was Betty & Barney Hill. While a book was written about their alleged encounter and hypnosis, they didn't milk the cash cow or seek the fame actively as Streiber did.

Sometimes it is what it is, and sometimes it ain't. The phenomenon cannot be generalized as you infer. It needs to be treated case by case.

[edit on 6/5/2010 by Gaderel]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gaderel
reply to post by cripmeister

Many of the people who seek hypnotherapy are genuinely afraid and in mental anguish. Many after hypnosis are no better off with the answers they have, whether they are false or not.

I don't doubt that many people are afraid, but hypnotherapy is not the way to go.

Therapy is not worthless to the person involved, so please a little respect. Just because it doesn't equate to evidence, does not make the process worthless.

I'm not talking about therapy in general, just hypnotherapy. Hypnotherapy is rubbish when it comes to retrieving "lost" memories.

Sometimes it is what it is, and sometimes it ain't. The phenomenon cannot be generalized as you infer. It needs to be treated case by case.

I'm not generalizing about the whole abduction phenomena, just the parts of it that has come from hypnotherapy.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by prettygreeneyes26

Don't be willfully ignorant what you have now done is simply looked past all the UFO video's/pictures and crop circles.

There is evidence but not as compelling as we would like to. And I don't put much attention in the UFO field cause I know they will come when the time is right. But absolutly not believing in any of it is just ignorant.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Why would aliens only speak to hierarchy leaders and not normal fellow citizens.

What would you do if you saw a big ugly alien?

[edit on 5/6/10 by TheMadHatter]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I am with you, OP..although I "want" to believe.

There has been so much CRAP over the years..it's hard to know what to believe in, anymore.

In the 50's...it was the "cool" thing to believe in ufos and space aliens..i mean..really..who started it all??

Of course..it really is like the movie Contact.."If we are the only ones here..its an awful waste of space".

I agree with that statement a 100%...BUT..there is no proof..

Most all ufo sightings..can be proven..even if people dont think they can..they are from this earth..and from OUR gov..or someone else's.

Like "they" say..if you can dream it..we've done it..

I would like to believe..at least there is a small percentage of ufo..and/or alien abductions/contact(s) are true.

Im like you..im quite sceptical..but only because..we are human..and we need solid proof..most of us dont take face value as proof..we like to see solid evidence..touch it, feel it..taste it..
That goes for religion..as well..at least for some of us..

Christians take their god for face value..what it says in "THE BOOK", goes..
so maybe, they can believe in other worldly life, as well. At least easier..

If you can believe in an invisible god..surely you can believe in other invisible things?
Just my opinion..I could be wrong

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

And also reading the book Disclosure by Greer. There have been to many 5-star generals of the military, among other credible witnesses to come forth about this UFO/ET phenomenon. Once you get higher up Military officials and radar trackers stepping forward admitting this or that about this subject (which has happened), all bets are off.

Yeah, you would think so . . . but given the government's penchant for deceit, one could also argue we're being primed for one big fat hoax.

The OP says the ET's do not communicate with the average person. I think there are some abductees who would disagree.

I feel certain many of the UFO sightings have been nothing more than black projects being taken out for a joyride--some, but not ALL. I believe the bigger question here is, where in the hell did the Nazi scientists get the advanced flying saucer technology back in the 40's?

I think if we knew what was really going on with respect to ET's and UFOs, most of us would probably go into cardiac arrest.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Not sure how you claim there are no such things as UFOs considering a UFO is just unidentified. UFO does not automatically mean alien spacecraft, its just something in the sky that cannot be readily identified by the observer.

I've seen a UFO myself but I wouldn't be presumptuous enough to say it was aliens.

The problem is, as you pointed out, most use the UFO phenomenon to make money peddling new age or truly OUT THERE ideas as hard facts. People talking about reptilians, Atlantis and the pyramids being alien acoustic power plants have turned the UFO phenomenon into a farce and something legitimate science wouldn't touch for all the grant money in the world.

UFOs - Yes

Aliens - Maybe but we don't know yet

Disclosure - Who knows, maybe the government knows more than we do about them or maybe they are in the dark too, we won't know until disclosure happens.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Blackout-
Its ignorant to think that we are the only ones in this whole wide Universe.

Why? Why not believe in reality, as in what is known? Knowledge is temporary, how it is meant to be or everything would get old really fast.

From "Better off Dead"

"Go that way, really fast, if something gets in your way.....turn"

Peace

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand

Originally posted by -Blackout-
Its ignorant to think that we are the only ones in this whole wide Universe.

Why?

Because its mathematically impossible.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

No-one even has a real evidence photo of an ET

Very suspicious ufo's come out of the closet when there are a lot of things going on in the world, attention please look here not there.

If aliens with superior technology did visit earth they would not take orders or sign contracts with the government, remember they could mutilate us all and take take.

There seems to be too many books on ET'S rather than real evidence.

People make money out of ET's and UFO sightings.

nothing is real its all an illusion created by man to deter you from the real truth.

just had a few words to express how I felt on the subject, disclosure.....yawn yawn

I was going to type up a long winded reply with all the evidence and many links plus some? but I had to put the brakes on and not get to carried away, so to sum it all up here is my responce.

YANMASF = Your A Narrow Minded Attention Seeking Fool

So what is the truth?

Yawn Yawn! so why bother to start a thread like this

[edit on 6/5/10 by Bob Down Under]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by colloredbrothers

I did not say I didn't believe I just said that there are life forms out there in space further and beyond but I don't think they have visited earth yet, I think we would know about it.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Down Under

Attention seeking I think not,
please don't start throwing unthoughtful words about.

yummy freelunch was a good answer.

of course I am interested in ufo's and aliens but there has been 60/70+ years without a pure sighting of an ET and only accounts of them by eccentric people.

a coincidence that got my eye blinking was the incident where a supposed ufo made and stopped the nukes from going off....that just says to me mans work, if the ET's where really worried about planet earth they would take a different approach I am sure.

maybe you should have gone with your long winded approach other than to call me an attention seeker, more like truth seeker.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Deter from what truth?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

s914.photobucket.com... The truth about aliens is that they are all around you all of the time, They are difficult to see and people are taught not to see them. As a child you knew scary things hide in dark places regardless of what your parents said. I have posted thousands of photographs and a hundred videos on the above website. They are home videos and my hands shake but the content is real.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
@OP

Just remember there are three types of people:

1. Believers (I KNOW its true, damn the evidence to the contrary in ANY of the cases)

2. Non-believers (NONE of its real. We will find mundane explanations for everything)

3. Open minded ( Real, hmmm certainly not all, there's plenty of fake stuff......but yet, what about this case...)

Simply ignore the fanatics at both ends of the spectrum and you'll start to question with purpose.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Great stuff.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join