It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWAT kills two dogs in front of children during a house raid over a marijuana posession.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I listened several times and never heard "call the dog off"
Seems extremely over the top as opposed to waiting for the door to be answered.
Pocky is very correct !

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

The Constitution states that the military shall no be used against the people. So tell me what the difference is between that SWAT team and an Army squad?

The only differenece is the names they are given.

So remember if it looks like a duck, & quacks like a duck, it must be a hippopotamus.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Good thing that cameraman was there. These officers are, to put it nicely, bumbling idiots that were very fortunate. Five rounds fired to subdue/kill two dogs. The majority headed left to the kitchen upon entry and only one (possibly two) went to the right where there are numerous rooms that were not cleared.

Had this been a real drug dealers house, there would have been 1 to 5 officers shot before subduing/killing a partner. No perimeter was established. The whole scene could have became very ugly for the officers that seemed more intent on killing dogs than conducting a raid.

Heck, one even exhibited his unpreparedness by bringing the wrong equipment (shield) to the front door. On the whole, they should be thankful that the guy was too sleepy (or whatever) and the woman was too scared to do anything. Even the kid looked big enough to have dropped 3-5 rounds from a 9mm on the gang before they knew what was going on.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
reply to post by boaby_phet

I'm sure when those officers woke up in the morning , they just couldn't WAIT to kill someone's family pet. Be real , I've got dogs , my friends have dogs, my buddies partner is a Belgian Malinois who he treats better than some people treat their kids. The way you guys demonize cops here is hilarious.

How about don't break the law and the cops won't come to your house?.... How about that?!?... Oh yeah , that would require people to take responsibility for their actions.

Dude! are you HIGH? a dog in a cage? I hope these PIGS get whats coming to them.

These are the people that will be on the other side of the line and they will not care to shoot you in the face, they laugh about it.

Heart less and sick=Pigs.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
because the world is full of #ing ROBOTS! HOW ANYONE, ANYONE can agree with ANYTHING that the cops did in this video is DISGUSTING! ITS #ING CRAZY.

Originally posted by Full_Vision
F _ _ _ me! Some of the replies on this incident are truly disturbing. How can anyone watch that video, read the news report and STILL side with thuggish, Robo Cop morons who certainly appear to (on the OPs video) be bully minded without question.. there isnt much more i can point out thats not already been brought up on this already, but for those saying the cops were just doing their jobs..my ass were they. their job entails actually gathering evidence, or enough evidence to give them probable cause.. one guys statement isnt going to work, and do so before busting into anyones house early in the morning hours, killing the family pets and leaving the child who witnessed this all mentally scarred. Child endangerment indeed!! The war on drugs is so horrendously overboard and warped its scary.. I generally am a 'cop hater' with more than enough reasons to be that way..but i do not deny they are at times needed in a situation and i do not deny there remain some decent beings on the force..but newer cops seem to only sign up for the job for the power hunger, and control..especially if you get a sadistic bastard, they are just freaking great with a badge and a gun!
In the words of the Kottonmouth Kings the police are meant to 'Protect and serve, not harass and disturb' ..something they are doing far more frequently than i'm comfortable with..
Just wanted to add in my thoughts on this, the video made me angry and sad at the same time.. even if the guy was selling WEED out of his house that situation was still extremely un called for all together.
Arent officers of 'law' actually meant to learn how to deal with such dogs as the Pitbull? -without shooting it to death i mean!
Uggh this has wound me up..

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
greeneyedleo is more than 100% correct when she discusses the fact that the claim of "caged dogs" is bogus. There is zero evidence.........oh, and due to the lack of reading comprehension skills posted throughout this thread i'll say it again. There is is zero evidence for a caged dog.

However, there is evidence the dog isn't caged; the big one being the SWAT team yelling at the owner to call off the dog. Even the primary article mentions nothing of a caged dog.

In other words, saying that the animal is caged is simply a propoganda ploy and nothing else whatsoever.

Next, the last thing you want when you enter the home of a suspected dealer is for an aggressive animal to hamper you in any way. Why do drug dealers train attack dogs? It is simply so that animal can buy them time and provide a distraction and warning. Dogs can clearly put the safety of law enforcement at risk by:
-Distraction
-Noise
-Agressive behavior that can harm (biting, jumping)
Anything that gives criminals an advantage over law enforcement will be dealt with. Sadly, this sometimes includes pets.

People here rise to extremely ignorant conclusions without evidence. They choose their side and use emotion to convey their perspective of the story.

Case in Point: Cops
In general on this board there is a negative perspective of law enforcement. I suspect due to the fact that there are people here who have had experience in breaking the law and either love justification for their actions and then proceed to project their justification against cops or they didn't enjoy their fines/other forms of discipline. Another reason could be that they enjoy breaking certain laws and therefore don't want people enforcing such laws. I also suspect it is due to the few times that law enforcement does go over the line and get power happy it is posted all over youtube and news sources. This doesn't usually happen when law enforcement succeeds in enforcing the law due to the non-attention and boring label it would recieve. It could also be due to bogus descriptions given to videos posted on the internet without any verifiable evidence for the description (this video being case in point).

I personally, aside from the occasional traffic violation, have stayed away from breaking the law. Therefore, I have never had a negative experience with law enforcement. I have always remained respectful in the midst of those violations because I knew I had broken the law. I knew I had put myself before the safety of the people around me. I awknowledged the fact that I did something wrong.

"It was only a small pipe and a little marijuana......oh, and it's completely harmless compared to drinking.......It should be legal."
"I was only going 6mph over the speed limit"
"I was nearly at a complete stop at the 4-way"

These are the kind of statements people make all the time. Yet laws are laws and cops have sworn to uphold laws. I agree that marijuana should be legalized but until it happens I'm going to make sure I stay 100% away from the stuff because I know there are cops living in my community who will uphold law no matter if I think the law is justified or not.

Sorry, but this video is simply another form of justification for someone breaking the law and trying to project their crime onto law enforcement. It isn't that SWAT teams fault that they had bad intelligence. It is the detective's fault. Yet, as you can see by the numerous posts in this thread the fault is projected at the SWAT team by the members here even though they didn't do the intelligence work. They simply were briefed on the situation at hand and expected the worst.

I mean are people really that thristy for cop blood here that they can't think through the situation the SWAT team was in? Are they that ignorant that they will lay the blame at the feet of the SWAT team entering the house with evidently bad intelligence? I seriously doubt the SWAT team huddled and decided, "yay, we get to take out a family pet! That'll teach him!" No, instead you clearly hear the SWAT team telling the owner to call off his dog several times. You hear a pause. Then you hear shots fired.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
To all the people that are downing the police officers for doing their job...nobody really gives two sh*ts about your opinion. I think it would be great for the cops to show up while you were working so they could critique and judge the way you do YOUR job.

God forbid that the naysayers of the police ever find themselves in an absolute need for police help, because rest assured knowing that they WILL help you. Why? Because it's their damn job.

Now, on to the actual post topic. The owner of the house was dealing dope with his kids there. There was enough reason for them to take action, so what if they only found a pipe, grinder and a few grams. SWAT doesn't get called out for small amounts so obviously at some point there was intel stating the guy was dealing in large amounts. He knew the risk he was taking when he decided to deal...especially with his CHILDREN in the house. The guy even had a pit in the house, just alittle hint to those that don't know...the guy was suspected of dealing drugs and had a well known vicious dog on the premises. That sends a red flag to SWAT officers.

I had two beautiful full blood Colby pits, that were gentle and loving. I have one now because one day out of the blue, my female Colby bit my neice on the hand. I immediatly took the pit out back and shot her. Why? Because I understand that even the most loving or gentle animal can snap suddenly, and she did and I made sure it wouldn't happen again. Case closed.

To all the people mourning the loss of an ANIMAL....f*ck you. The SWAT officers saw a clear threat and acted. Good Job Officers. The people that treat their animals better than their own children have some underlying psychological issues that they should probably work out at some point in their lives. I mean really? How in the hell can an ANIMAL mean more than a person to you. Oh let me guess, the ANIMAL can provide comfort, can provide love, can talk to you and understand the things in your life and can even carry on your family name...not that your family name actually means anything..but I am sure you get the point.

I am a proud supporter of NORML and an avid smoker, but seeing as cannabis is still ILLEGAL those that indulge know the risk they are taking. The police did their job, acted on the immediate threats they were presented with and boohoohoo if it didn't all work out according to the way you thought it should.

It's easier to immediatly criticize an event before learning all of the facts and actually learning why SWAT operates the way they do. Way to go overly sensitve animal lovers...nice to see your faith in humanity is so incredibly solid.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

I hate all addictive substances and people who abuse them.

Do you hate Asprin? Allegra? What about good old Buckley's Cough medicine, or those ear drops? How about your mouthwash?
ANY and EVERYTHIG can be abused. Just because SOME people abuse it does not mean everyone else does. The potential is in everything, and it never stops even when you eat, sleep, and breathe.

Most people who JUST deal with pot are the most knowledgeable, easy going, down to earth friendly people. Being a smoker/grower doesn't make you evil. The "hippy" community is about sharing. Most growers and smokers I know barely charge anything, and if they do, it's only to recoup for the money they spent to grow it.

Now, when we are talking about drug dealers (brought to you by the good old CIA drug supply) who spread opium, crack, meth and heroin..THOSE are the guys you want to go after. THOSE are the guys who keep dogs in their houses who arent trained, who they keep locked up and never fed or groomed or shown love and abused... they do that so they become VICIOUS to ANY HUMAN... because a particular person caused the dog such mental anguish he will never trust anything that walks on two legs ever again.
Also, these are the people that will shoot you in your back, run you over, take a hit out on you if you owe them money or anything. These are people who will set up a lab of dangerous chemicals that can explode at any moment. These are the people who own multiple guns, are part of gangs, and know ALOT of the right people on the wrong side of the tracks. THESE ARE THE PEOPLE POLICE SHOULD RAID!

*edited for spelling*

[edit on 6/5/2010 by InnerTruths]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Cops are just mindless animals themselves these days. They aren't made police officers because they can think for themselves, they're made police officers for following orders and protocol without question, and one protocol happens to be neutralizing any canines on the premises.

Like a couple people already mentioned, the real villian here is the psycho that called in the fake info and sicced the police on this family.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Risen]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
And people wonder why the general population dislikes cops?

To Serve and Protect? I don't think so.

The only thing cops serve are themselves and their master legislators. The only thing they protect is their own asses.

Good cops (with morals) are a rare breed. I'd guestimagte about 3% of all officers actually serve for the right reasons. The other 97% are just failures at other careers. Hence their arrogant self loathing need to be pricks to EVERYONE not wearing a badge.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Just another example of why modern law enforcement tactics are legalized terrorism of the civilian population. Today's cops are thugs and don't even know it since they are just "following established procedures."

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir

Originally posted by conspiracydude
wow. these swat teams must also be trained to have no emotions or feelings for living things. bunch of assholes.

Yes, you're right. They should try being friends with the drug dealers and other criminals, have a cup of coffee with them and go see a movie together.

[edit on 6/5/2010 by DGFenrir]

you know very well what im talking about. the helpless dog in the cage that got murdered in cold blood. if it wasnt swat who did this theyd be rotting in jail.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
reply to post by CanadianDream420

THEN you can worry about those things. I know PLENTY of guys that had to put dogs down because , douchebag drug dealers keep them in the house ,you know why they're there?... so when you make entry THEY BITE YOU!!!!

Oh yeah these big steroid monster cops are going to get bit by a CAGED dog. If good cops would stand up for what's right instead of defending the bad ones maybe they would get a little respect. I think they are borderline functional power mad maniacs who are making up for being so poorly endowed by pushing people around because "it's their job". Pathetic

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaBravoSierra

To all the people mourning the loss of an ANIMAL....f*ck you. The SWAT officers saw a clear threat and acted. Good Job Officers. The people that

What a cold thing to say. It's not human, that way of thinking mate...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
These cops were terrible!

I had a similar experience at my house a few years ago, but with a much better outcome due to the professionalism of our police force. My account is already in several threads on ATS, but the short version is that Police served a warrant for "Theft of an Historical Document" at my house. It was a bullying attempt by a prosecutor whose county was the object of a lawsuit for failing to pay on a bond.

Anyway, my Pitbull was growling at the back door, so my wife let him out, immediately there was barking and hollering and scrambling and a knock at the front door. Apparently the house was surrounded by SWAT, a helicopter was overhead, and the police vehicles were scattered around the block out of site!

They did not shoot my dog, or scare my pregnant wife unnecessarily. They did seize the bond and arrest my parents, but they were very polite and cordial, and no serious harm was done (except to the prosecutor that falsfied the warrant)!

They would probably have been justified in shooting the dog, but they did not. They probably would have found a lot of unrelated scary stuff in my house and been able to escalate the situation, but they did not. They probably would still be in the midst of a war down here had they acted like those Columbia cops, because there would have been escalation and h*ll to pay, and I have as many friends and bullets as they have! BUT, because they were extremely professional and restrained, I actually called and thanked them for the way they handled the situation!

Cops get a bad rap a lot of times, but the good ones are very good, and the bad ones eventually get what they deserve!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marine911
LOL immediate threats... A #ING CORGI????????? ARE YOU #ING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!? SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!

Any animal can be trained to attack. Your tag suggest your a Marine, you should know that better than any. So what if the corgi got tagged, big deal. Its still an animal. In no way should an animal ever take presence above a person.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join