It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWAT kills two dogs in front of children during a house raid over a marijuana posession.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverado292
Man it's too bad the piece of # code enforcement things that do this don't get killed before they can do there acts of terror. I'm surprised they didn't shoot the kid and rape the wife after killing caged and non threating animals.

With the path we are going down.

That will be next on the list. There is no accountability for these thugs and their murderous ways.

Just like the Nazi SS.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Dogs the last refuge of truth.

The only creature to afirm their unity with man and look at what happens to them.

Dogs, they alone agreed to an alliance with man.

+8 more 
posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Ok for the poster who is saying it could have been bad intel and who knows what's behind those walls, I ask you this:

Why aren't they doing the proper surveillence on this supposed horrible 'druggie' if he's bad enough to bring the SWAT in on? What happened to checking into things beforehand? Maybe I'm just off my rocker here but I would think that they should have been doing some *gasp* investigating first. Then they probably would have had a good idea of what was really going on.

Now, excuse me while I go bang my head on the wall to try and digest this a bit.

edited cause i can't talk on the phone and type halfway properly.
~Tragic~

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Tragic]

link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Ok. So the dogs were not caged and were acting in an aggressive manner and were not called off by the owners.

Prove it with video evidence.

Taking the cops word is stupid. These murderers are liars too.

They will lie about anything to cover up their Nazi tactics.

Why on Earth do I have to prove it? The OP needs to prove it. He said the dogs were caged. The article linked above does not say that.

And people who break the law will lie about anything to. Good Lord. Not a good argument there

[edit on May 5th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

+2 more 
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Don't be mad at the cops?

First, they have an obligation and a duty to verify that what they'd told is true, i.e., independent of their informant's tale.

Second they do not have a right to use deadly force unless their lives are in imminent danger. A dog doing HIS job doesn't deserve to get offed, because some SWAT guys are pissing their pants over the noise.

Third, cops need to check their delusions at the door and find out what the reality is.

If a cop gets wounded or killed because of taking precautions, so what?

That is their freaking job.

If they don't feel safe and can't take the stress find other work. Every soldier walking into a battlefield accepts the possibility of his or her death or injury as part of the job description. So does every firefighter. And fisherman. And roofer. And taxi driver. And miner. There's lots more dangerous jobs than being a cop, and in most profession your personal attitude usually isn't a factor in your death or injury.

www.businessinsider.com...-15-grounds-maintenance-workers-1

The only people who constantly whine about how dangerous their job is are cops.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Go into someone's home and shoot a couple dogs... and then charge them with child endangerment.

+4 more 
posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Why on Earth do I have to prove it?

Ok so everyone has to prove their claims except you.

Ok I apologize. Now I understand.

I will bow out of this one-sided debate.

You win. Cops get to kill anyone/anything they want legally and morally justified. And I am totally immoral and Wrong for wanting evidence.

Gosh I am such a unjustified cop hater. I should be arrested, beaten, and shot for my crimes...I am so dumb and retarded for daring to question their ultimate authority.

I need to get on my knees and beg for forgiveness for even thinking badly of my just and benevolent overlords!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Silverado292
Man it's too bad the piece of # code enforcement things that do this don't get killed before they can do there acts of terror. I'm surprised they didn't shoot the kid and rape the wife after killing caged and non threating animals.

With the path we are going down.

That will be next on the list. There is no accountability for these thugs and their murderous ways.

Just like the Nazi SS.

True the thing that really gets me is the Corgi, I have a cat big enough to take down a toddler or eat a Corgi. Yet my cats big teeth and decent bite force can't penetrate an old ACU top I use to protect my arm while playing with him. The Corgi would have been ZERO threat against all the gear they had on.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dankojudd

Yes Child Endangerment... Do you know how many home invasions there are due to the drug trade?

Here's a few

Home invasion , robbers looking for weed & Money

Another home invasion , Victims arrested by police for having WEED & $60,000

Another home invasion involving Weed & Money

Same thing could have easily happened , and instead of crying about dead dogs and cops doing their jobs.... you'd be complaining about how the police aren't protecting it's citizens.

At the end of the day If you don't do Illegal $&@% then the cops usually don't $&#@ with you and you wont have to worry about your Dog getting shot. (That's one tough corgi though , took that 40 Cal round like a champ!)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

In this case, the cops were wrong: they weren't doing their job "protecting the citizens", they killed the citizen's dogs and terrorized their family. They failed to do their job properly as I noted before.

What part of that don't you get?

You'd change your tune in a heartbeat if those were your dogs and kids. I've seen it happen with folks like you who overprotect the cops until it happens to them and suddenly it's different.

And their jobs aren't so dangerous that it excuses their behavior for safety's sake.

Fer crissakes, how many so-called "drug dealers" that are in prison even owned guns? I'd wager that most are smalltime folks just trying to scrape by.

money.cnn.com...

+6 more 
posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
That doesn't even sound believable. A guy with a family doesn't keep attack dogs running around the house, nor is he a big drug dealer. Any piece of crap SWAT/DEA tool knows that much. Besides, a dog is not going to pull a gun out and shoot you. If it jumps on you and starts biting you, then you know its a problem. You have all that armor on you anyway.... I'm sure you could stop it some other way. "acting in an aggressive manner" and "not called off by the owner"? wtf is that? I highly doubt the guy was standing there watching and SWAT was asking him to call the dogs off. I guarantee they were just barking because a bunch of morons broke into their house.

I think Tupac said it best... "instead of war on poverty, they got a war on drugs so the police can bother me." Turning somebody's house into a warzone because he's got a used bowl is just ridiculous. How about you go stop some real crimes you power tripping assholes. Then you can go and feel all good about yourself and it'll actually be real.

I don't even have a dog, and this sickens the hell out of me. I hope karma comes back to # these idiots over. Believe me, I will not feel sorry for any of these pricks when I hear that they got called into an ambush, or when they get blasted by a real drug dealer.

+25 more 
posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I call bull.

Your sitting in your home in the middle of the night and then the next thing you know the jackboots come kicking your door in pointing flashlights in your face that are attached to the end of guns, and your being screamed at to do god knows what.

So you have 5 to 10 unknown people with guns dressed in full riot gear pointing guns at you and you have two kids and the dogs are going nuts. It doesn't matter how well trained your dog is the dogs are going to go freaking ballistic and there isn't anything anybody can do about it.

I really hope this police department gets sued for millions of dollars. The Drug War has gotten way out of control.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner!!! The attempt to legislate morality has gone on for far too long! The problem is TPTB make entirely too much money from the "war on drugs" cash seizures, propert seizures, prison industry, cops, dea, etc etc... Its one of the biggest money makin scams they have going. First TPTB import it, sell it to distributors, the distributors sell it to dealers, some dealers sell it to users and then TPTB confiscate it and sell it again! They then also have the modern equivalent to a slave labor system!

+15 more 
posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

So I guess the guy that's dealing out of his house with his kids there isn't at fault huh?... And you even call for someone to get fired?!? C'mon!...lol

If you had bothered to read the article you would see that there is no proof he was dealing anything. Not even a teeny-weeny little bit of evidence like SCALES or BAGGIES. If they had found those they would have said so.
No, this was all over a couple of grams of pot. Do you think that is worth destroying a family for? or shooting their dogs?
This cops were OVERBEARING, VIOLENT THUGS. Nothing more. I don't want to hear this "they were just doing there job crap". It didn't work at Nuremburg and it won't fly now.
The man is charged with child endangerment and for what? A doobies worth of weed? You think this is justifiable?
These cops aren't fit to patrol a pay-to-park. They like being bullies and it plainly shows in their words, actions and attitudes.
Just how much damage could a dog to you when you're wearing body armor from head to toe?
If this is how you think law enforcement is supposed to be then all I can say is I'm glad you're not in charge.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Way to put made up words in my mouth
Never said such a thing.

I watched the video. They said for the dogs to be called off. The article never mentioned them being in a cage. My conclusions are drawn from those two things.

So, why do I have to prove something when someone else made the claim: the dogs were caged. That is not on me to prove.

Where is the conclusion "dogs were caged" drawn from?

+1 more 
posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

If a cop gets wounded or killed because of taking precautions, so what?

That is their freaking job.

For the sake of blunt truth, I had to re-post this. It is something that most people forget. I will NOT give cops a break, if they screw up their job. Their jobs quite clearly demand that they adequately handle intense stress. If they can't handle it, EVERYBODY loses. Them and us.

If you give them a break in a case like this, you are supporting a destructive element of society - dreadfully trained police with itchy trigger fingers who can't handle stress.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I still can't find anything to back up the claim that the dog was caged outside of the comments on the you tube site.

Drug raid inquiry is ongoing
Target questions tactics of SWAT.

Jonathan E. Whitworth, 25, of 1501 Kinloch Court entered into a plea agreement with the state to drop charges of possession of marijuana and second-degree child endangerment for a guilty plea to possession of drug paraphernalia.

Investigators believed Whitworth was in possession of a large amount of marijuana and was considered a distributor, Deputy Chief Tom Dresner said in February. Police, who found a grinder, a pipe and a small amount of marijuana, shot two dogs upon entering Whitworth’s home around 8:30 p.m. Feb. 11.

SWAT team members encountered a pit bull upon entry, held back and then fatally shot the dog, police say. Officers said the dog was acting in an uncontrollably aggressive manner. A video of the raid shows that a shot was fired upon entry, but the pit bull was not wounded until later.

Whitworth was arrested, and his wife and 7-year-old son were present during the raid. Both his wife and child were living in the residence at the time, said Jeff Hilbrenner, Whitworth’s attorney. Dresner previously said that intelligence gathered before the raid did not indicate the child was in the home.

A second dog was shot in the leg but was not killed. The corgi is seen in the video and does not appear to be wounded. There is no indication when the dog was shot, and Dresner previously said he was unsure when the animal was wounded.

Columbia Tribune

+2 more 
posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
reply to post by dankojudd

Yes Child Endangerment... Do you know how many home invasions there are due to the drug trade?

Here's a few

Home invasion , robbers looking for weed & Money

Another home invasion , Victims arrested by police for having WEED & $60,000

Another home invasion involving Weed & Money

(That's one tough corgi though , took that 40 Cal round like a champ!)

If theft is such a punishable crime how come these TWAT teams aren't busting into GoldmanSux and throwing the execs on the floor and shooting their secretaries? If there were justice in this world it would be true.

As for your last quote, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You are the very first person I'm going to set on ignore. Making jokes about shooting someone's harmless pet corgi about as sick as it gets dude. Glad to not know you in person.

+5 more 
posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I am speechless.

If cops busted into my home & did this to my dog &/or parrot (he's always uncaged & more agressive than an uncaged Corgi), I would snap. Literally. I keep a gun in the house & can honestly say that insanity would be guiding my actions. They would have to take me out in a body bag.

These cops need to be more than fired, they need to be charged with animal cruelty, police brutality, using their police issued firearms in a deadly manner without cause, & causing unjustified mental anguish upon individuals that are innocent until proven guilty. They need to be serving prison time for this.

I mean, jeez. It was just marijuana. This was not a meth lab or huge coc aine trafficing ring. Our law inforcement has its priorities wrong.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
As far as the dogs go, why weren't all the great "less lethal" measures used? Why no pepper spray? Why not taze the animal? Oh wait I know, the cops were just itching to put a hole in something and leave it leaking.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join