It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWAT kills two dogs in front of children during a house raid over a marijuana posession.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Thanks for bringing this to our attention OP, I hope other news media picks this up (MSNBC, CNN I doubt FOX).

What I find most disturbing about this video is the following:

1. Obviously, unnecessary force was used and endangered the lives of the wife and two children. Five bullets were fired any one of which could have ricocheted or missed and hit an innocent bystander.

2. The wife and children were unnecessarily traumatized, and I wouldn't be surprised if this ended in divorce. So they ruined this guys life and screwed up his family.

3. They didn't find any pot, they found a used pipe with some waste residue in it. Did he last smoke a month ago, a year ago, five years ago? Regardless the amount was so trivial that this whole thing is really FUBAR.

4. Taken in context with the tasering of the 17 year old baseball fan, you have to ask yourself, "Are these guys out of control?".

What's, next, burning down your house if you get a speeding ticket? I also agree with a previous poster that the total lack of concern over the dog's life and firing 5 bullets into a house filled with a family just means that soon they may start treating other average citizens this way, i.e. shoot first and ask questions later.

We should speak up now while we still have the chance.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Alex does an update on this...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This is upsetting to watch. I read a post saying that they said call the dog off....well that was not said. They were yelling police department don't move.
Another post said that unless they had x-ray eyes they could not see....cmon guy's they have access to night vision and of course flash lights. If the dogs were in attack mode they would have been in the living room at that door when they first entered the house. In the video you can see no dogs...so In my opinion these dogs were not attacking no one. One more point if these guy's can't see enough to shoot a dog in a cage....what about these children or any other children the next time they can't see I guess they will just shoot them too. This was unprofessional and really they have no excuse for discharging the weapons.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
screw mizzou, seems like the columbia police department is just asking for more eniemes, ask and ye shall receive!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
last time i checked breaking into somebodys house and shooting their animals is child endangerment???

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I went to school in Columbia, Missouri and right after I had left, I was under the impression that the city was in the process of decriminalizing pot.

From the NORML website:

In Columbia, Missouri, voters backed a pair of measures seeking to liberalize local pot laws. Approximately 70 percent of voters approved The Missouri Medical Marijuana Initiative (Proposition 1), which amends the Columbia city criminal code so that "adults who obtain and use marijuana and/or marijuana paraphernalia for medical purposes pursuant to the recommendation of a physician shall not be subject to any arrest, prosecution, punishment, or sanction."
Six out of ten Columbia voters also approved The Missouri Smart Sentencing Initiative (Proposition 2), which amends the city criminal code to depenalize the possession of marijuana and/or paraphernalia to a fine-only offense.
NORML

So how's that voting thing working out for you in Columbia, Mo?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
For God's sake.

They shot a pitbull in a cage. IN A CAGE. The thing couldn't attack them.

They shot a Corgi! A lap dog. A dog whose bite might make your finger bleed.

They are wearing BODY ARMOR!!!!!!

Their clothing stops bullets, I'm sure a dog bite wouldn't be too bad (even though neither of the dogs bit or attacked them).

This is so #ed up. An example of modern day law enforcement at its worst.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
corgis are completely harmless dogs, besides the fact that it was in a cage. he didn't have to control his dog, it was controlled already.

asshat shot it to make himself feel better.

this happened at a MMJ club here in LA, they raided the place (feds! after obama said feds weren't going to do this anymore) and shot the sweetest dog anyone could ever know. It was laying down after the owner told it to.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I think that it is a sad day for freedom when an individual cannot even grow a plant in their backyard for personal consumption without being branded a criminal and arrested, charged and imprisoned.

What gives anyone the authority to dictate to others what they can and cannot grow on their own property?

In this case, the guy had a small amount of marijuana for personal consumption. It was harming no-one else. It was his business and his business alone.

For those who ridicule the man for his personal choice, and the fact that he has a child, I have to ask what makes you think he was actually using it in front of his child? Perhaps he and his wife waited until his son was asleep. Perhaps they decided to smoke up when their son was at school or at a friends house. Who are you to claim otherwise, or judge this couple for that matter?

How about those who crack open a beer during the football game right in front of their children? Or those who pour themselves a glass of wine after a hard day at work? Do you judge and ridicule these people as well? Have you never had a few beers when a child is present? Somehow I think that you most certainly have. So what is the difference exactly between a couple that chooses marijuana as a means of relaxation, and a couple that pours themselves a few drinks? I would have to believe that there is no difference at all.

What about the sheer amount of problems that alcohol creates within societies? Domestic abuse, drunk driving, violence, and in many cases death?

I wonder how many problems marijuana creates within society? I'm guessing far less than the negative impact that alcohol produces that is for damn sure.

Allowing marijuana users to grow their own crop, on their own property, would also take a significant bite out of organized crime, its proceeds, and the violence that stems from it.

The government can surely see the benefits of legalization as well, so why is it still a crime to possess a plant that is a part of nature itself? How can nature be criminalized? Doesn't anyone else see the absurdity there?

We saw how well prohibition worked. It was an abject failure. Attempting to prohibit the usage of marijuana will also fail. In fact, it already has.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Isosceles

You are not fit to live in society. Please go to an island where you are truly free to grow your own "crops" of whatever drug you use.

Now... if you chose to live in society you have to live by its rules, and if something its illegal, its illegal. Just take it as it is or leave. I dont see anyone begging you to stay and I'm sure you dont either.

When in Rome be a Roman. If you want to be something else while in Rome, then Rome is not for you.

Edit: The arguments you guys use to defend your favorite drug and the excuses you always make up to fight for the right to make your favorite drug legal trying to market it as a "good thing" never ceases to amaze me.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by FraternitasSaturni]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Yes... because Alex Jones makes it a lot more credible.

I cant even believe you brought up Alex "The Fake" Jones up...

To each his own I guess...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

How about offering your reasons as to why it should be illegal. Sounds like you would accept any law just because a government deemed it so. Do you not believe that if people find a law unjust they should fight it? Maybe I would better understand your stance on the issue if you explain why you believe marijuana should be illegal.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

To each his own I guess...

Your anti-weed argument is completely shattered when you end it with "to each his own...".

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
reply to post by Isosceles

Now... if you chose to live in society you have to live by its rules, and if something its illegal, its illegal.
[edit on 7-5-2010 by FraternitasSaturni]

It appears that most of society is expressing their displeasure at the police breaking the rule about needlessly killing someone's pet, not marijuana's legal status. Since the majority of posters seem to live in a society where the actions taken by these police officers are unacceptable, shouldn't those policeman be leaving for an island somewhere?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I just need to make something clear for some members who are mistaking BODY ARMOR, for complete body protection. Many members are claiming a dog bite wouldn't hurt the officer because they are wearing body armor. Just so you know, the ONLY bullet proof part of swat gear is the vest and helmet. Your arms, legs, hands, feet, SOMETIMES neck and face are all still exposed and only covered with normal cloth.

Sorry just wanted you guys to know...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Amazing all you people pretending to be upset about the dogs, when it is the drugs your clearly defending.

Whether you like it or not, drugs are illegal and having drugs in a house with children is child abuse.

That also did not look like they had any money to be spending on drugs when they have children to be responsible for. How many potheads do you suppose have education accounts for their kids or futures for that matter. I know, I used to be that dumb. I grew up.

When you knowingly engage in criminal activity and even worse do it in your home with your children, whatever occurs is ultimately your fault.

Add to this you can not ever get a good job and you add another level of stupidity. Give up your whole future to get high. When you are willing to give up all you give up to be a user, its not harmless. Putting your children at risk and destroying any chance of a good future is just not smart.

You guys go on pretending the rants here are about the dogs. The truth is obvious.

You can also pretend that drug houses keep Pit Bulls because they make good pets. You might fool the naive but your not going to fool an ex-Junkie like me. I paid dearly for my stupidity. The Pit Bulls are to defend against Cops and most druggies who keep them, abuse them to make them mean. I've seen it far to many times and just because it was more than 25 years ago does not mean that anything has changed since my bad old days.

There is nothing worse than lying to yourselves. I worry some of you are doing drugs around your children. Got any money in their education accounts? Ever had a good job that requires drug testing? No? How you gonna take care of your children if you can't pass a drug test to get a real job? Those are the realities.

Pretending you care about the dogs

Um, never broke a law in my life, don't do drugs, never tried it, (I'm 48)
Never smoked a cigarette or drank a beer. Conservative christian. Yes, I'm upset about the dogs. More upset about the mindset of the people who think that if you do anything wrong you deserve whatever you get.
That kind of thinking will definately come back to bite you in the rear. I've never had a bad experience with a cop, but some of the stories piss me off to no end. It's obvious they think they can do anything and get away with it, which is pretty much true. Self righteousness is a sin, btw.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

Don't be mad at the Cops , for doing their job... Be mad at the guys buddy that dime'd him out. It's obvious they got bad intel from a CI. You don't know what sort of intel was passed , you don't know if the guy is alone , if he has weapons , if has has buddies with weapons. when you make entry into a house the last thing on your mind is the welfare of the family pet. Once It's cleared , THEN you can worry about those things. I know PLENTY of guys that had to put dogs down because , douchebag drug dealers keep them in the house ,you know why they're there?... so when you make entry THEY BITE YOU!!!!

So I guess the guy that's dealing out of his house with his kids there isn't at fault huh?... And you even call for someone to get fired?!? C'mon!...lol

It's really simple , unless you have X-Ray vision , YOU DON'T KNOW what's in a house before you enter it , and things happen REALLY fast. It sucks that the guys dog got double tapped but sometimes $*** happens.
You're a moron, the dog was caged. the dog wasn't running free in the house or yard where it could have been a threat.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

Reguardless i hope you yourself wouldnt find a corgi threatening enough to shoot.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Its great to see so many people with understanding and compassion going into bat for the poor Corgi, who was one minute wagging its tail and the next feeling terrible agony and dying.
We should all treat Dogs and any other animal as if it was our only child, only then will we be deemed as civilised by the orbiting ones.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I'm sorry but please explain why marijuana should be illegal and why responsible users should be punished. Or are you of the mindset that if the government says it is bad than it must be bad? Because so far SCIENCE, has shown that the governments reasons for keeping marijuana illegal is BOGUS.

I guess those black people marching in alabama should have just shut up and understood that laws are there for a reason right? They should have been shipped off to an island right?

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join