It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWAT kills two dogs in front of children during a house raid over a marijuana posession.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Hey man, thanks for your post. Glad to see someone else who respects the uniform they wear, and can understand that bodyarmor can take some hits from dog bites, lol.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
It s a good thing none of the kids barked.

That swat guy should be ruined for this. Strip him and send him packing with an "at risk" for violent behavior on his psych eval.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I love animals and all... But something inside me screams joy for an apparently unknown reason.

Still, sending a SWAT/SRT to such a low risk warrant is bull#, they probably were very bored and wanted some "action".

Sad.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DrEyebrows

I just say the hell with it in CQB i understand that a dog may be a threat if it is threating but my primary goal is the guy with the gun... the thing here is though they were serving a warrant now if they are all up and hot and bothered when the dogs started barking when they started knocking maybe someone should have said if they are as elite as they claim they are on deadliest warriors *sarcasm* (tv program in reference to American SWAT in general) maybe the more Ideal way of going about it was at least shields and OC spray very handy but again if I was really trying to protect my interests I would have smoked the whole team while they were incompetently trying to find out who had enough balls to say hey open your damn door we are cops and we have a warrant notice why the camera guy was so far away..... someone needed to survive to provide court evidence. Why make a guy call his dog off in his own home in the dogs eyes they are intruders in its home for one and for two I bet the owner of that house was probably pretty confused as to what was going on yes people, sometimes people do not realize what is going on when your door gets smashed down in the middle of the night they are probably scared tired (and/or stoned) amoungst other things and the last thing on thier mind should be call off the dog that is supposed to protect me and probably more focused on who the F*** are you and why do you have guns and stuff but thats just a thought

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

canada sucks and there was no need to kill it. the dog was subdued after the first shots and to have the kids watch thats pathetic. pigs

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
reply to post by boaby_phet

The way you guys demonize cops here is hilarious.

How about don't break the law and the cops won't come to your house?

I can't believe that you could defend those PIGS! They are not law enforcement officers, they not your friendly neighborhood police out to protect and serve the public but rather are fascist Nazi scum.

If that had been my house I would have been slinging lead at those bastards for breaking into my home in the middle of the night, warrant or not, in defense of my family.

Yous statement about not breaking the law and then the cops won't come to your house is a statement of idiocy. Have you never heard of the pigs raiding the wrong house? It happens all the time my friend.

All this for a little weed. How stupid. I hope the family sues the $#it of of the Columbia, MO PD for pain, suffering, mental anguish and anything else a good lawyer can get out of them.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
IF>THEN

If the cops were working off a confirmed tip from a sourse about the guy, then they would not be at fault

IF the cops were over reacting to unconfirmed tips, they would be at fault and should be held liable for the actions

IF the cops were acting on confirmed sourse and said sourse was knowingly lying that sourse sould be held responcible for all actions the police did

Problem here is responcibility. No one holds people responcible, and if they do it's the people on video. Get to the root and drop the hammer. What ever chick he boned and left that got pissed would of thought twice of B.S.ing the cops if she knew she might be facing 20 years for animal cruelty, endangering childred, ect ect ect

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation

If that had been my house I would have been slinging lead at those bastards for breaking into my home in the middle of the night, warrant or not, in defense of my family.

Good on ya. More people adopting this attitude is what puts the power back in the hands of the people.

Civil disobedience is a duty when it comes to unjust laws IMO. Remember, nobody owns you! People tend to forget that.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I had a song I thought up in response to this but instead I'll just say that these cops are clearly wrong. To shoot a caged animal is stupid, there is no justification for it. Cops should treat people as human beings instead of animals.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by TruthSeeker8300]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeeker8300
Cops should treat people as human beings instead of animals.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by TruthSeeker8300]

I think what you should have said is cops should treat animals the same as human beings, the animals paid the toll for one persons small mistaks. And i must admit i agree that was totoally out of hand but in the video I really didn't see him overly mistreated. That is in comparison to the dogs.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaBravoSierra
I for one don't view animals as more important than people.

That in no way justifies abusing or killing them.

All life is precious.

If someone or something is trying to attack you and hurt you, then yes defend yourself. If that means using a gun, then so be it.

HOWEVER:

Rushing into someone home in the night and murdering the family pets in cold blood just 'cause "animals are not more important than people" is evil. The dogs were of no threat to them.

The disregard of life I see from seemingly average people is absolutely revolting.

I don't know about you guys, but if I ever willingly killed an innocent animal I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

I suppose that's the difference between good and evil in this world:

People without souls or a conscience that could extinguish a life of any kind and not even think twice about it.

Evil. Just, evil.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Looking_Glass

I could literally care less if im called heartless or evil or whatever. Human's take priority in my life, much more so than an animal. The continuation of human life means more to me than an animal. Dog's can be replaced, a wife anda child can not. I've lost both. But apparently ATS has become a place where if you think differently you will be demonized. Good job ATS'ers. Well played.

And by the way, in no way did I try to justify the death of the animal with my statement. I was simply stating a fact in my own life, feel free to take it personal which it seems you did.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by DeltaBravoSierra]

[edit on 7-5-2010 by DeltaBravoSierra]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by drkid
This has almost made me cry, I need everyone on here to invest their time in posting this link in as many places as possible! Please spread this link...

I have and will continue to do so, I'm absolutely outraged, this is the # that really pisses me off. Why in the world have we come to this, when this becomes ever increasingly frequent I have to wonder when people will finally stop caring about Glee, or this weekends parties, or what they're wearing.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I couldn't be a cop, because I would refuse to participate in any more drug war violence against my own people.

I'd feel like a little penis if I had to do this sort of work.

This is a gross abuse of power, and man, I WISH people would stand up and say no more.

That dude probably worked and held a steady job, so WHAT if he wanted to smoke a bit of pot. WTF was he hurting? If he'd had a POUND of pot, so what?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I couldn't be a cop, because I would refuse to participate in any more drug war violence against my own people.

I'd feel like a little penis if I had to do this sort of work.

This is a gross abuse of power, and man, I WISH people would stand up and say no more.

That dude probably worked and held a steady job, so WHAT if he wanted to smoke a bit of pot. WTF was he hurting? If he'd had a POUND of pot, so what?

I couldn't be a cop in this situation because I'd see what my colleague did to the dog in front of the kids and I'd smash out his front teeth with the butt of my gun.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

Thank you.

To me they aren't animals, just a person in another body. Imagine being that animal yourself, it isn't hard. Would you like that to happen to you?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I do no want to watch the video. I can't even watch the animal abuse commercials. I made the mistake of watching one the other night, just to see, and I balled so hard.

Anyway, obviously what happened to the dogs was TERRIBLE and right in front of children. The idea of SWAT firing weapons around children gives me the chills. I'm not trying to derail the thread but the thing I can't stop thinking about is how this was all over marijuana. *sigh*

I understand people's comments about how the SWAT was just going off bad intel, but it was freaking marijuana. Might as well bust into a guys house who's brewing his own beer and selling it to friends. Even so, it scares me that they just go off of someone's word and assume it to be true and terrorize children by bursting in the house with automatic weapons dressed in full gear and shoot their dogs in front of them over.....marijuana.

I know I'll probably get flamed for these comments but I'm sick and tired of stories like these over a harmless drug. Yes, I said harmless.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This scares me when I think of how many people might just have a personal stash and somebody gets pissed off at them or is trying to save their own ass and tells the cops they are some hard core drug trafficer with pounds of pot, killer dogs, with children in the house.

These people need to be a little more careful about what they are doing. It's not like they are going over to the house to give them some cookies only to find out someone in the house is allergic to eggs. They are going in there with fully loaded automatic weapons assuming the worst case scenario. You would think they would try to verify the intel before coming to such drastic actions. Put a little more effort into it for Christ's sake. This whole situation could have been avoided.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This story is ugly on so many levels. I personally am most offended by the improper use of the SWAT team. What ever happened to police investigation? Couldn't they have sent in an undercover cop in first to find out what was really going on? Or at least done some surveillance?

I don't see why they have to jump straight to using the SWAT team to investigate a drug offense. The SWAT team was intended for counter-terrorism and hostage rescue situations. The SWAT team is basically a death squad (what do you think the word 'SWAT' is supposed to make you think of) and it is overkill for investigating drugs.

Also, double-tapping caged animals is highly unnecessary.

I don't know how you do things in Pennsylvania, but you can bet that if this happened in California there would be rioting.

This is a picture of the Corgi breed of dog, which was one of the dogs shot. Very threatening.

The CPD needs to own up to its mistakes. This story stinks. There's no way the child endangerment charge will stick. I think the CPD's lack of information, abuse of force, and misuse of police resources should be investigated by an independent party or federal officials.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Alex Jones has been talking about this video and others on his show today! Great success, we managed to spread the video to one of the biggest underground stations on the internet!

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join