It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWAT kills two dogs in front of children during a house raid over a marijuana posession.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The funny thing about training to use all those weapons... you can't wait to use em. I train to fight, one of the things we focus on is using our newly trained skills in the ring sparring as soon as possible.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by curious_soul

Ha! Great suggestion! I dated a girl from the Netherlands and she said people there don't really do drugs. It is mostly for the tourists! When you take away the excitement, mystery, and allure, drugs aren't all that great really!

reply to post by rcwj1975

RC, you are right about the people on public benefits, but it isn't just MJ. Alcoholics qualify for Disability due to their "disease!" Our PA system is terrible! I don't know any potheads that have lost their jobs and families due to its use. I know plenty of alcoholics that have.

Also, some people just have addictive personalities, self-esteem issues, and make poor decisions in every aspect of their train-wreck life. For those people, it doesn't really matter which addiction kills them, it is only a matter of time and circumstance before they implode! It could be MJ, Alcohol, Sex, Crack, or French Fries. Something in their life has left them broken and they are going down in flames regardless of the avenue they choose or the laws they break or don't break.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I agree with you....people will continue doing dumb things no matter the course of action we or anyone takes....all we can do is hope a MAJORITY choose the right path.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
The funny thing about training to use all those weapons... you can't wait to use em. I train to fight, one of the things we focus on is using our newly trained skills in the ring sparring as soon as possible.

True to an extent...but I always like to quote one of my instructors during Ranger School at Ft. Benning.

"WE WILL TRAIN YOU TO FIGHT, KILL, SURVIVE, AND BOND TOGETHER. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY WE WILL TRAIN YOU TO PRAY FOR PEACE. A WARRIOR NEVER WANTS TO KILL, BUT BY THE GRACE OF GOD IS DAMN SURE GOOD AT IT WHEN HE NEEDS TO BE"

Master Sergent Ron Coleman
US Army Delta
US Army 75th Rangers (2nd RB)
RIP Brother

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by skunknuts

Your speaking to the wrong person about this....as part of my major in school I had to write a very long research paper on that topic.

But the topic here on this thread is the video and story behind it.

A research paper on the War on Drugs? And you came to the conclusion it is working and/or a good thing? I'd love to read that or at least know what grade you got.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Sorry, I got off topic......

[edit on 6-5-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

Q

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
*sigh* After a long period of ATS semi-retirement and contented lurking, I feel I just have to post on this one.

So...here we have yet another SWAT team busting down someone's door (known as "breaking and entering" if you do it, with extra penalties for use of firearms in doing so, and organized crime charges if done in any squad based fashion) based on unconfirmed "intel" (known as SLANDER if you say it).

For what (potential) crime? Possession of a PLANT. How many thousands of dollars wasted in just this one instance to keep someone from having some BITS of a PLANT? How much good could this same money do if it were otherwise routed to, say, helping the millions of Americans who are scraping by just to try and feed their families right now?

Lots of people are doing far worse, in drug-related terms. But they don't have gestapo busting down their door, because they're being milked by 'big pharma' for their drugs instead of trusting mother nature for them, and that's somehow "OK", because they have the money and political clout to make our *cough* elected representatives *cough* say so, regardless of the will of the people.

Why don't we have SWAT teams busting in the doors of murderers, rapists, and thieves? I'd sure as hell rather law enforcement pursue these things, how 'bout you? If we focused even half as much resources on these actual CRIMES as we do this pathetic 'war on drugs', a lot more Americans might feel safer walking down the street at night.

All so they could keep this guy from 'distributing' his 3 crumbs of PLANT. For all of you who somehow think all of this is justified because this guy had a pipe and a few crumbs of dope...would you consider it fair if YOU received this same treatment for say, having cucumbers in your salad drawer? Yes, cucumbers are ludicrous, but the example is valid. Just a small twist in the targeted substance, and this could be you. Face the facts, this is a typical American family. Mom, Dad, kids, dogs. These people are US!

Pit bulls are not inherently bad dogs. Yes, lots of low life scum make them that way through mistreatment. If treated correctly, they're a stout, strong, loyal breed who will protect their families against aggressive intruders until their dying breath- all of these great qualities in a dog. This is exactly the kind of dog one wants when an aggressor WHO SHOULD NOT BE THERE shows up.

LE have a very bad tendency to shoot dogs and hide behind 'oh, I felt threatened'! News flash: you're somewhere you shouldn't be-you SHOULD feel threatened! Seriously...there's like 20 of you...you're wearing full riot gear, bullet- and certainly tooth-proof armor, armed with stun guns, pepper spray, untold hours of training...and your only option is to, speaking colloquially, "double tap" the family pet for doing his job?

Let's look at this from the police dog side...THEY go to great lengths to train bigass German Shepherds to do nothing but CHASE and BITE you. But that's OK. Try to defend yourself from this highly trained attack animal? Well, that's assaulting a police officer! Kill that animal while defending yourself? Well, that's homicide of a police officer!

That's right, America. They kill your dog for defending both your and it's home against their intrusion = justified. You kill their dog for attacking you, at their command = years in prison.

Am I the only one who sees this as more than a little wrong, and outright un-American? I don't think I am.

This excuse of "oh, the owner didn't call the dog off" is pure BS. The dog knows you're not supposed to be there as well as the owner does, the difference is that the dog immediately reacts to neutralize the intruder, while the average Joe is in disbelief that the goon squad has actually infiled his home. Don't want to get bit? Don't go busting down the doors of private residences with nothing more than baseless accusations as a motive.

I for one, am proud to say that yes, if ANYONE attempts to force entrance to my home, you WILL be met with a couple hundred pounds of loyal canine ready to chew you like cheap jerky, and one severely irate and heavily armed AMERICAN right behind them, ready to "double tap" the perceived threat to my, my family's, and yes my dog's personal safety! Kill, or in any way harm my dogs or other family members in the process? Better hope you or one of your other thugs get me first. If I don't get you immediately, there will be 'blood to pay', and you and those you hold dear are legal tender until this debt is either paid, or I die collecting the debt.

This is AMERICA, people. Not Nazi Germany, not Soviet Russia, not Communist China. The government and all of it's branches are here to do OUR collective bidding, not to terrorize us in our homes!

And busting a cap in an effing CORGI, for Christ's sake? Did you get the kid's guinea pig and goldfish too, Tackleberry? This is simply inexcusable.

[/hot blooded rant]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Q

Well spoken Sir!

Thanks for chimin' in!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
All over a few grams of weed...
This is the kind of stuff that needs to stop.
Shameful.

And people will wonder why these kids will grow up hating cops?

What a world.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

I'm not sure what you are trying to teach me here? Pit Bulls have been around for a long time and have been the dog of choice for drug users and dealers for a long time. Later on the Rottweilers started to replace them after Pit Bulls did so much harm to so many children, even in some cases tearing childrens faces off.

Rottweilers however are great family dogs.

What I'm speaking to is why you will find Pit Bulls or Rottweilers trained to be aggressive inside the same homes where you find the drugs. These dogs are often purposefully trained to be almost uncontrollable. Not the dogs fault, but common in homes where drugs are present.

My dogs have always been carefully trained and in fact were good guard dogs. My dog of choice is however a Black Lab. I would not have one of them around small children either though. A Lab has a bite more powerful than a Pit Bull in fact but a different temperament.

Having at one time been a heavy drug user myself, I'm not lying to myself or anyone else here. I've been deep down the rabbit hole. Those who are now using drugs can save their nonsense for the naive.

I will never back down from the fact those irresponsible parents share the blame for anything that occurred. They put their own children at risk just so they could party. It is that simple. They are that irresponsible. They brought the SWAT Team to their home with their actions. They chose to not control their dog, thereby putting their children at risk of being shot by accident.

SWAT Teams don't just show up at the door of recreational users. The users illicit associations brought them there. If somebody is snitching on them, there is a reason. Cheated somebody, did not pay somebody, who knows? No environment for children no matter how you slice it. Irresponsible parenting no matter what excuse a person makes.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

SWAT Teams don't just show up at the door of recreational users. The users illicit associations brought them there. If somebody is snitching on them, there is a reason. Cheated somebody, did not pay somebody, who knows? No environment for children no matter how you slice it. Irresponsible parenting no matter what excuse a person makes.

Not true.

In a perfect world this should be true.

But it's simply not.

If somebody 'snitches' on someone, there is most certianly NOT always a reason. I don't know what kind of bubble you're living in, but that's not how the world works.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

My last contribution to this thread is a nod to you.

Throughout this thread I have found your posts to have been nothing but level headed and educational as to how a decent police officer should think and behave. If there were more officers like you around in your country and in mine I believe we could have something we could really be proud of and worthy of nothing but admiration but that is not the world we live in.

That said, I can at least tell you that I very much appreciated your contribution to this thread - my sincere respects

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
So many drugs are illegal in this country for the plain and simple reason that the profits are laundered by government agents into deep black programs at the CIA and DoD.

Opium production exploded in Vietnam during our war there.
Opium production exploded in Afghanistan when we funded Islamic militants in their fight against the U.S.S.R.
Opium production again exploded in Afghanistan during our war there after we kicked out the Taliban who had demolished the drug trade there.

The U.S. is THE Drug Kingpin in the world.

I'd give it a 90% chance that Bush Sr. (Former Director of the CIA, VP and President) is eyeball deep in this drug trade. He was in the Reagan administration during Iran Contra when drugs were taken by the U.S. as payment and then sold to the American public to fund off the books weapon sales behind Congress' back.

Bush Sr. served with Frank Carlucci (Former Deputy Secretary of the CIA, Deputy Secretary of Defense and Secretary of Defense) at that time who is the prime suspect in getting Brad Sorenson backstage access to the Alien Reproduction Vehicle display as exposed by Mark McCandlish at the Disclosure Project. Bush Sr. and Carlucci were also in the Carlyle Group together.

We the American people have been victims of a Military Industrial Complex coup against our elected leaders and we don't even realize it because we still get to vote. The Drug War is one of the principle funding methods the MIC uses to get their off the books funding.

reply to post by DGFenrir

Weak people just can't live without getting high or drunk every now and then.

Even weaker people can't live without trying to control everyone else around them. Telling other people, with the force of law to back it up, what they can and can't put into their own bodies is weakest of all.

reply to post by Blaine91555

Having at one time been a heavy drug user myself, I'm not lying to myself or anyone else here. I've been deep down the rabbit hole. Those who are now using drugs can save their nonsense for the naive.

Just because you could not control your drug use does not mean all other people are in the same boat nor does it mean "authoritah" should punish them.

Just because you got off drugs doesn't mean you learned any lessons other than the one about too much of a good thing is not good. You technically didn't even learn that one because you stopped using all together.

Often neuroses and other psychological problems spur people to drug abuse, halting one's drug abuse does not mean a person solved the underlying psychological problems.

The only good thing I can see that came out of this is the children will learn that the government is an utterly ruthless police state. That is a lesson most adults have not yet learned.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobbox1980
I'd give it a 90% chance that Bush Sr. (Former Director of the CIA, VP and President) is eyeball deep in this drug trade.

I guess if this were a fair police state, some SWAT team would have put a bullet in Millie's head.

See, that detached humor works both ways.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
cannabis isnt a drug it's medicine. those jerk cops can go to hell. If they killed my pets because i had a couple grams of weed i would find those cops homes and set them on fire.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
cannabis isnt a drug it's medicine. those jerk cops can go to hell. If they killed my pets because i had a couple grams of weed i would find those cops homes and set them on fire.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MIMRblazin

I live in the real world. One where when the SWAT Team shows up at the door of a home and in fact finds drugs on the premises, the occupants are in fact doing drugs. When they have children in the same home with the drugs, they are putting their children at risk.

Yes mistakes are made but I'm not buying it in this case. To much evidence to the contrary from the drugs to the fact they keep a vicious Pit Bull in their home.

I've heard all the arguments here before, but almost always from people who are guilty themselves.

This thread grew huge because of drug users and cop haters. No other reason. What I find obscene is ignoring the fact this was happening in a home with children in it. It's one thing for kid to be smoking a joint but a whole other matter when parents do drugs around children, in homes children live in and do things that cause things like this to occur.

I also mentioned I'm for legalization, but I'd still remove children from homes where drug use is going on. I've seen to much of it in my life.

When I was young, stupid and still using myself, I made the same arguments and then I became an adult. My party life ended the day my first child was born. Had it not, I'd be guilty. Some people though don't grow up. They continue to be children while trying to be parents. It does not work out well for the parents or the kids. It ruins lives. People can defend that all they want, but it will not change the reality.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobbox1980

My daughter is in an Ivy League on full scholarship. Yours?

After quitting drugs, I started a successful business that right now supports 7 families. You?

Since you opened the gate, now has drug use enriched your life?

The dark side -
Mother dead from Cirrhosis 20 years after she quit drinking.

Best friend did seven years for manslaughter for mowing down a young girl with a car while driving on alcohol and meth.

Another friend in a nursing home at age 52. Alcohol and drugs.

Another friend dead at 40 (in 1990). His colon shut down from combined meth and coc aine use.

Another friend doing life. Shot his daughter in the head while shooting at a customer when a drug deal went south.

Another friend and ex-girlfriend died recently from liver failure. Her son died form an overdose at 17. Her husband died young when he got to drunk, fell with a bottle cutting his arm and bled to death.

First Wife in and out of treatment programs since my Daughters birth. I had to take custody.

Tell me that drugs are not the issue. Lie all you want to yourself about how smart you imagine you are. Call me twenty or thirty years from now.

I was a piece of # when I was doing drugs. I'm not proud of it. That ended 25+ years ago. I wasted half my adult life. I get upset when I see so many wasting their lives and arguing to pretend they are not wasting their lives.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The words' INTELLIGENCE ' and the word ' POLICE ' should not be used together in most cases. Cops get info...usually from an unreliable source they have bagered into giving them something...anything..and then they go and either LIE to get a warrant, or just go and try and intimidate the poor citizen into giving consent.

There should be a law nationwide that no cop should be able to ask for consent unless an attorney has advised the person about their rights.

Cops cannot be trusted...not one iota.

The scum that killed and wounded these animals should be despised in the community...their homes picketed..the station picketed...the chief fired for NOT firing ALL of those PIGS present at this outrage....it makes my blood boil...I hate cops...I really do.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I'm not about to let this thread die on the note of some troll who is making blanket statements. Calling people "cop haters and drug users" because of the illegal, inciteful activites of this law enforcement group.

It's people exactly like this that allow things like this to continue. Being an animal owner all my life i will do whatever it takes, even if it means wasting my time responding to these incredibley stupid acqusations.

Someones past life with drug abuse and his present recovery has nothing to due with this thread. The FACT remains 2 dogs were shot and a family was terrorized over a gross neglegent error in the law enforcement of this city over a simple possesion of marajuana, which is a misdemeanor equivelant to a speeding ticket.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join