It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWAT kills two dogs in front of children during a house raid over a marijuana posession.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by FortAnthem

Thank you for providing that. I hate to go off just a video with not much more.

Ok. So the dogs were not caged and were acting in an aggressive manner and were not called off by the owners.

Im a dog lover. I have one. An agressive one (german shepherd) so I understand the love of dogs and having a guard dog. Owners should always have their dogs trained to be under their control and should be able to be called off with one command. Anyone who has a pitty or other type of "guard dog" should know this and always follow this. Not having control of your dog means you are a bad dog owner. These people heard the cops say: call your dog off. They did not.

[edit on May 5th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

[edit on May 5th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

You must be...Nevermind. Nevermind.

I must hold my fingers from typing what they really want to at this point.

WOW!!! How anyone could have just made the statement that you made after seeing the video and reading the article is completely beyond my understanding of the hamster wheel that is your brain. The dog was caged. CAGED!!! You cannot call a dog off anymore than it being completely rendered helpless and behind bars. MY GOD.

Use some critical thinking youngster.

Much love to all...even the mod here who just displayed a complete lack of of reading and observance comprehension. Information is useless unless applied adequately and discerned with wisdom, its apparent that there wasn't much of that demonstrated on the post to which I am replying.

God help us all...FORGIVE THEM FATHER, FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I believe this is absolutely awful. I can't understand why swat guys of good size and strength cant get past a dog without murdering it. The dog did nothing wrong it is a dog of course it will bark when strangers come in, especially dressed in black with guns. I am wanting to write to the swat office and tell them that if thats how they are going to go about the drug war that I no longer support them. I believe if killing innocent animals is taking place to clean up a couple bags of pot then we do not have our priorities straight anymore. This wasnt just a drug dealers dog but also his families. If anyone can figure out where I can write I cannot wait. I have looked at this forum for over two years and havent joined but I hate injustice and people taking advantage of their power. It doesnt make them big manly cops to pull a trigger on a dog anyone can do that, a monkey can get trained to do that. All it does is fuel the fire that divides people.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Do not forgive them because they do know exactly what they do. They take it upon themselves because they do not do drugs. Its like they are angry because they have to actually work by busting this guy to try and ruin his life and make him feel awful in some way. It is like them being their own judge they are probably saying under their breath
"maybe next time you will stay away from drugs and your dog will live."
It honestly makes me sick to my stomach. I lose faith in protection and police when i see this disgusting stuff.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
hey getreadyalready and johnnyseagull, i'm in that 1% category too - and my local cops know this. i also agree with the poster that said if someone kills or harms my animal, they better be ready to do the same to me.

edit - Oh and for the record, I have owned "working dogs" - my friends and the local sheriffs knew not to get out of their vehicles until me or my parents came outside. They also knew not to try and enter my room while I was asleep - sometimes my parents could not enter my room if my dog was in there (lab-rot, lazy like a lab but with the power, temper and protectiveness of a rot). I could also leave my car running with groceries, beer, full tank of gas and my dog inside with the windows rolled down.

[edit on 5/6/10 by I.C. Weiner]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

The corgi could probably take the pitbull.

You say people are "indoctrinated" because they find it a little ridiculous that they raid a house and shoot family pets in front of kids over a few grams of pot.....yet claim a corgi could take on a pitbull?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

You say people are "indoctrinated" because they find it a little ridiculous that they raid a house and shoot family pets in front of kids over a few grams of pot.....yet claim a corgi could take on a pitbull?

I have to agree with the captain, corgies are fast and vicious and would be able to strike the jugular before the pit knew what was happening....

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Ok. So the dogs were not caged and were acting in an aggressive manner and were not called off by the owners.

Prove it with video evidence.

Taking the cops word is stupid. These murderers are liars too.

They will lie about anything to cover up their Nazi tactics.

It's true, in a lot of cases, police officers get together after the incident and compile a police report that paints them in a good light, makes their case against the defendant more convincing, whether the report states the full truth or not.

With so much power and control it's obvious THE SYSTEM GETS ABUSED ALL THE TIME. Do you think a cop, whose job may be on the line, is going to create an accurate police report outlining the full story, when his wrong doings might come out....!!??? HELL NO! The cops work together and if one fooks up every once in awhile, their buddy cop helps him out if he can.

Now, don't get me wrong, cause I know there are some great cops out there, a lot of them but, you can't tell me that the power and authority these cops hold, doesn't get abused by them on a regular basis around the nation! I mean these poeple really have no authority over them...

In this case I understand why the cops shot the dog, they asked the owner to call its dog off and the owner didn't really take necessary action... But, was it truly necessary for the cops to shoot the dogs? Probabley not but, again, it is their discretion and they observed the situation and deemed it necessary!! Was it right? Doubtful!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoFilter2323

In this case I understand why the cops shot the dog, they asked the owner to call its dog off and the owner didn't really take necessary action... But, was it truly necessary for the cops to shoot the dogs? Probabley not but, again, it is their discretion and they observed the situation and deemed it necessary!! Was it right? Doubtful!

HOW IN THE WORLD CAN YOU SAY THIS!!!!!

For one, when did the cops ask for the owner to call the dogs off in the video?

Secondly, and most importantly, they busted down the door and was firing bullets within SECONDS after they entered the house before even giving the guy a chance to get out of bed.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Poor puppies...I wish the owners of the house would have gotten to the door. Then the PIGS wouldn't have had to shoot those poor dogs...Now you all know why I hate everyone...People are evil and crappy!

*hugs puppy*

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
What a joke.

Everybody knows what the true reasons behind the current drug laws are: they would actually make people think, rather than being some alcoholic zombies. And we can't have that, nooo..

Legalize it.

link   
This is why if someone kicks your door in you shoot first and ask questions later. I couldn't care who the hell it is. I'm armed to the teeth, locked and loaded 24/7. The people who kick in my door will be one sorry bunch, that's a promise right there. Shoot my dogs, endanger my kids or any member of my family and I'll be out hunting, I don't care what the hell your excuse is.

link   

Originally posted by I.C. Weiner

Originally posted by SpectreDC

I have to agree with the captain, corgies are fast and vicious and would be able to strike the jugular before the pit knew what was happening....

You have no clue what you are talking about. I don't think you have ever owned a dog or maybe you are just trolling.

I have dogs and dealt with many dogs, dangerous ones too. Your statement about corgies is rubbish.

link   

Originally posted by pjtheman
Do not forgive them because they do know exactly what they do. They take it upon themselves because they do not do drugs. Its like they are angry because they have to actually work by busting this guy to try and ruin his life and make him feel awful in some way.

Wow...so by this statement its safe to assume that your implying that the police raided this mans house because the police don't do drugs. Did I understand that correctly? Are you serious. You truly believe that the police raided this mans house because the POLICE dont do drugs? It absolutely couldn't be that he was supposedly dealing an ILLEGAL substance, no...its because the Police Dont Do Drugs. Wow....just...wow.

"Its like they are angry because they have to actually work by busting this guy to try and ruin his life and make him feel awful in some way." The guy was dealing pot out of his house in front of his kids. Im pretty sure this drug dealer made his own decisions and ruined his own life and possibly that of his kids. But still...in your world the police are angry with him because they don't do drugs.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustJoe
Poor puppies...I wish the owners of the house would have gotten to the door. Then the PIGS wouldn't have had to shoot those poor dogs...Now you all know why I hate everyone...People are evil and crappy!

*hugs puppy*

You need to get your meds adjusted, seriously.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I cannot imagine what would happen if somebody killed my dog. There is nothing that would stop me from taking revenge. I hope this guy gets his.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This made remind about the journalist being killed in Iraq by that US helicopter in Iraq. They can do whatever they can because they have the big guns right?? so, they can break in your house because they have a warrant and shoot a dog because it has barking WTF.

When are you going to wake up and stand up to say enough is enough !!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyleBlackthorne
This is why if someone kicks your door in you shoot first and ask questions later. I couldn't care who the hell it is. I'm armed to the teeth, locked and loaded 24/7. The people who kick in my door will be one sorry bunch, that's a promise right there. Shoot my dogs, endanger my kids or any member of my family and I'll be out hunting, I don't care what the hell your excuse is.

Exactly. Good man.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaBravoSierra
The guy was dealing pot out of his house in front of his kids.

Where in the hell are you getting this info? The guy was charged with simple possesion which is a misdemeanor.

You might want to check your facts before continuing. Even if he was dealing it's not the police who decide who's guilty or innocent. They were there to SERVE a seach warrant PERIOD!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by curious_soul

So you think that SWAT just shows up at someones house for simple possession? Do you even know how SWAT operates or even WHY they get called out?

Granted I was reaching when I said he was dealing in front of his kids, but knowing how and why SWAT operates the way they do, it is incredibly safe to assume that they were told there was more weed in the house than just a few grams. Either way, the guy had an ILLEGAL substance in the same household as his kids and im sure that's just a fine example of parenting right? Whether it be a few grams or a few pounds, weed is still ILLEGAL and every time I toke I know the risk I am taking and so did this man.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
If you are awakened by gunfire in your own house, you are fully within your rights to grab that piece you should keep under your pillow, and shoot the first unknown person you see. There was a case recently in one of these no=knock warrant raids, where they were entering the WRONG HOUSE, and the awakened householder shot and KILLED a cop and the case was dismissed. That's right, he was well within his rights, and your rights, to defend himself against unknown assailants invading his home.

That was a NO KNOCK warrant...this was not. HUGE difference legally when doing a KNOCK and ANNOUNCE like they did.

Pigs given military training, military weapons and military jackboots are not the same as battle hardened veterans. When the bullets really start flying, most cops can barely hit the side of a barn. They usually unload fifty or sixty shots between the six of them, and only one or two hit the granny or teenager that was terrifying them so much they felt it necessary to use lethal force. Whereas real gangbangers have BEEN in gunfights, and sometimes lots of them, and on the receiving end of unfriendly fire. The pigs' invasion ain't THEIR first rodeo. And their dogs ARE trained to attack strangers.

Not sure where you live but as a SWAT officer I would be more afraid of being shot and HIT by a grandma or scared teen then a "gangbanger". Having served MANY a warrant here in Atlanta against the bangers, they aren't exactly good shots, but yes they can get lucky. As for the comment about cops hitting the side of a barn....trust me, having been in shootings in both the military and as a LEO, some of your shots will miss too.

Even if these dumb pigs have been in Iraq, and a lot of them have, they are still far from battle hardened veterans. They have received extensive training in how to do house to house searches, terrorize women and children, rape, beat and murder them, and use whatever tactics they want because there IS a chance, however slight, that they MIGHT come across some real resistance fighters trying to defend their homeland. In which case they have air support. They still are cowardly weaklings who have overwhelming firepower and still can't win. Gangbangers have been in real gunfights with other crazy a$$ mofos who are not afraid of dying either. Shooting at guys who are shooting back at you is vastly different than shooting at targets at the range or enemies in a video game.

Again not sure if you watch to many movies but "gangbangers" are not some hardned group that has no fear. And please explain to me what it takes to become battle hardened is in your mind? I am hoping after all this talk you HAVE been in a few firefights and shootouts.

These no-knock warrants are blatantly unconstitutional.

Not true, and again this was a KNOCK AND ANNOUNCE warrant...not a no knock. A no knock warrant just takes more solid intel and much better communication to have it signed off by a judge.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join