It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWAT kills two dogs in front of children during a house raid over a marijuana posession.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This video shows a search warrant served by the Columbia Mo. police department. The cops bust in this guys house in the middle of the night and shoot his two dogs (one a pit bull that was caged in the kitchen and the other a Corgi) with children in the home. it turns out that rather than a big time drug dealer, this guy had a small pipe with some resin in it, a grinder, and what the cops here call "a small amount of marijuana" (meaning less than a few grams).

WTF!?...

They are covered in gear and are scared of a caged dog!! Cowards. Someone better get fired for this!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

wow, that is about as messed up as you can get. Good lord... killing a corgie?!?!?! AND A caged animal?!? WTF is up with that.

Here is a link to the story:

www.columbiatribune.com...

I couldn't watch the video past the shooting of the dog and barking. Really really insane. This stuff needs to stop.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by BeastMaster2012]

+6 more 
posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

These are the type of people, trained to kill, who are gonna be on the streets during Martial Law, the same people who Obama sent to check on the Gulf Oil Spill, wtf?

You people need to wake up. Cause just like have no remorse shooting a ton of innocent bystanders during Katrina, just like that they are gonna kill a few people starving for food.

They've been brainwashing the military to do riot control and shoot to kill anybody they deem a threat.

+30 more 
posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Heartbreaking, shocking and utterly disproportionate!

I cannot watch the video (I was a click away) because I am an animal lover but I will tell you this. If someone broke into my house police or not and killed my dog they had better be sure to kill me too because I am not exaggerating when I say that I would be looking for instant vengeance, and I am not afraid of dying.

This is my dog, if some cop blew her away – I would be looking to inflict maximum harm and I am not a violent man but love is love and just because it is a cop doing his/her job does not mean they can just shoot my dog to death.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7812b3499d04.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This has almost made me cry, I need everyone on here to invest their time in posting this link in as many places as possible! Please spread this link...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Don't be mad at the Cops , for doing their job... Be mad at the guys buddy that dime'd him out. It's obvious they got bad intel from a CI. You don't know what sort of intel was passed , you don't know if the guy is alone , if he has weapons , if has has buddies with weapons. when you make entry into a house the last thing on your mind is the welfare of the family pet. Once It's cleared , THEN you can worry about those things. I know PLENTY of guys that had to put dogs down because , douchebag drug dealers keep them in the house ,you know why they're there?... so when you make entry THEY BITE YOU!!!!

So I guess the guy that's dealing out of his house with his kids there isn't at fault huh?... And you even call for someone to get fired?!? C'mon!...lol

It's really simple , unless you have X-Ray vision , YOU DON'T KNOW what's in a house before you enter it , and things happen REALLY fast. It sucks that the guys dog got double tapped but sometimes $*** happens.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Ok. I have some questions.

When they entered the house - they said: "Call the dog off. Call the dog off" numerous times. And you could hear the dog going nuts and the owner [apparently] was not calling their dog off.

Where does it show the dog is caged? Maybe I missed it.
Where is the other alleged dog?

They rightly entered the house and had a search warrant (so they said)

Second, where is the police report that this was all over

"a small amount of marijuana" (meaning less than a few grams).

Im not understanding where you are getting this info from.

Where are the facts to this story and not the slanted side of a video?

[edit on May 5th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

You don't know what sort of intel was passed , you don't know if the guy is alone , if he has weapons , if has has buddies with weapons. when you make entry into a house the last thing on your mind is the welfare of the family pet. Once It's cleared , THEN you can worry about those things. I know PLENTY of guys that had to put dogs down because , douchebag drug dealers keep them in the house ,you know why they're there?... so when you make entry THEY BITE YOU!!!!

+1

Especially on the last part. It's very, very common for drug dealers to specifically train their dogs to attack law enforcement officers during raids. One of the most common breeds in this role is [starts drumroll] yeah you guessed it ... pit bulls.

Sometimes people need to get over their emotions. Not every dog is your cute little Fido. How about you put yourself in the shoes of those SWAT officers and think rationally for a second. You don't know what your facing, they could be waiting behind the door with shotguns at the ready.

+21 more 
posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

are you serious.

their job is to enforce the law , not murder peoples freeking pets!

+2 more 
posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

The real issue is the drug war. Pure and simple.

Best,
SN

+5 more 
posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
It's obvious they got bad intel from a CI. You don't know what sort of intel was passed ,

bad intel or not
they had no right
to shoot a caged animal

I would sue the sh!+
out of them

these are not policemen
they are mercenaries.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I think he got that info from this news story.

Family questions SWAT drug search that led to dog’s death

Whitworth was arrested, and his wife and 7-year-old son were present during the SWAT raid, Haden said. A second dog, which Whitworth’s attorney Jeff Hilbrenner described as a corgi, also was shot but was not killed.

“The family is concerned with what happened,” Hilbrenner said. “We don’t feel like what happened in the home was appropriate. The priority right now for us is the misdemeanor charges.”

Police discovered a grinder, a pipe and a small amount of marijuana, Haden said. Because the SWAT team acts on the most updated information available, the team wanted to enter the house before marijuana believed to be at the location could be distributed, she said.

Columbia Tribune

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Thank you for providing that. I hate to go off just a video with not much more.

Ok. So the dogs were not caged and were acting in an aggressive manner and were not called off by the owners.

Im a dog lover. I have one. An agressive one (german shepherd) so I understand the love of dogs and having a guard dog. Owners should always have their dogs trained to be under their control and should be able to be called off with one command. Anyone who has a pitty or other type of "guard dog" should know this and always follow this. Not having control of your dog means you are a bad dog owner. These people heard the cops say: call your dog off. They did not.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

I'm sure when those officers woke up in the morning , they just couldn't WAIT to kill someone's family pet. Be real , I've got dogs , my friends have dogs, my buddies partner is a Belgian Malinois who he treats better than some people treat their kids. The way you guys demonize cops here is hilarious.

How about don't break the law and the cops won't come to your house?.... How about that?!?... Oh yeah , that would require people to take responsibility for their actions.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

Your speaking to the wrong person about this....as part of my major in school I had to write a very long research paper on that topic.

But the topic here on this thread is the video and story behind it.

+46 more 
posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
To anyone supportive of this kind of action I feel sorry for you. The man ended up getting charged with child endangerment for the small amount of marijuana he had - CHILD ENDANGERMENT?!?! for a little bit of weed?! The people who should be charged with child endangerment here is that swat team who busted in the house all trigger happy shooting the family's pets in front of their children. THAT is child endangerment.

link   
Please re-post this video on your facebook and ask others to spread it. This video will show people how the drug war is affecting people around the states.

+20 more 
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

Don't be mad at the Cops , for doing their job... Be mad at the guys buddy that dime'd him out.

No sorry.

These cops are Nazi thugs straight up.

Just ask that dog. Oh you can't it got murdered for nothing.

Why is it wrong to kill a police dog but its ok for police to kill a caged dog??

HYPOCRITES!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Man it's too bad the piece of # code enforcement things that do this don't get killed before they can do there acts of terror. I'm surprised they didn't shoot the kid and rape the wife after killing caged and non threating animals.

+12 more 
posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Ok. So the dogs were not caged and were acting in an aggressive manner and were not called off by the owners.

Prove it with video evidence.

Taking the cops word is stupid. These murderers are liars too.

They will lie about anything to cover up their Nazi tactics.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join