It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"JUSTICE" EQUALS "JUST US", A RANT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The first time I heard that little phrase I think it was from an inmate at the county jail where I worked. I thought it was kind of cheesey and just the words of a disgruntled jail bird. However, the older I get and the longer I work in the justice system, the more I am inclined to agree.

I spent all day today in court for nothing. I was there to support a young woman who is a friend of the family. I have to be vague just in case someone reading might be familiar with the case and start putting the pieces together.
To make a long story short, the young lady was there to get a domestic violence order against her father who has several counts of sexual assault and battery pending against him. This was her second attempt and for the second time it was shot down by the judge over a technicallity. I thought to myself "maybe when he murders her, rapes her, and cuts off her breast and vagina as trophies, perhaps then she can get the protection order.
This is just one of the many injustices that I have seen over the years. I am a cop and if I had another livelihood I would turn in my badge tomorrow.
Up is down, right is wrong. The bigger dirtbag you are the more rights you have. The more innocent you are the more you get your rights violated. The courts bend over backwards to make sure that the bad guy's rights are not violated but noone is there for the victim. Attorneys are a joke. I have, to my knowledge, never met an honest one. Why should they be honest? The system encourages them to lie.
:bnghd: I'm am sick of it all.
Now I'm not naive, I know this is not some kind of revelation. It's just what it is....a rant!
Seeashrink

new topics

join