It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asian men and BNP candidate Bob Bailey clash in Barking

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by blupblup

But we get a broad spectrum of opinions from 'white christians' in this country....significantly all we here from the Muslim community is a message of 'extremism'.

The silence from Muslim 'moderates' is deafening.

Just because you aren't actively looking doesn't mean people aren't saying it.
www.islamfortoday.com...
www.jpost.com...

Sorry if it's a little inconvenient but, most Muslims aren't terrorists. Saying they should have to speak out is like proclaiming Christians should have defend themselves every time someone does something wrong in the name of their religion.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

There are absolutely loads of groups of Muslims who actively speak out against Extremist Muslims, but as I said, they don't get the platform to do it and as you said... why should they have to? And even though there are plenty of people doing it... it's not enough, they should shout it from the rooftops and break into TV stations to condemn Extremist Muslims...

www.freemuslims.org...

www.islamagainstextremism.com...

www.againstterrorism.org...

In fact there are more Anti-extremist groups set up by Muslims, than there are anti-BNP-ETC groups set up by Christians.

I don't see any of it as relevant personally but if that's what people are saying, that Muslims don't speak out, It's not true... and they do it more than Christians do.

[edit on 6/5/10 by blupblup]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by Freeborn

But we get a broad spectrum of opinions from 'white christians' in this country....significantly all we here from the Muslim community is a message of 'extremism'.

The silence from Muslim 'moderates' is deafening.

Just because you aren't actively looking doesn't mean people aren't saying it.
www.islamfortoday.com...
www.jpost.com...

Sorry if it's a little inconvenient but, most Muslims aren't terrorists. Saying they should have to speak out is like proclaiming Christians should have defend themselves every time someone does something wrong in the name of their religion.

Excellent links, this is from one of the first link

"It is time that we Muslims acknowledge that the freedoms we enjoy in the US are more desirable to us than superficial solidarity with the Muslim World. If you disagree, then prove it by packing your bags and going to whichever Muslim country you identify with."
Dr. M. A. Muqtedar Khan

Why is it when he says thing like this, it's ok, yet when we, British, non-muslims say the same thing about our country, we are called Racists!
Double standards whichever way you look at it! Good on you Dr Khan... you tell 'em fella!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by Freeborn

but as the media are on a campaign to demonise Muslims and have been since 9/11.... we obviously don't get to hear much from them.
if this was true then you would know about these crimes

theopinionator.typepad.com...

undhimmi.com...

www.theasiannews.co.uk...

www.metro.co.uk...

www.rochdaleobserver.co.uk...

but the media has a black out or play down policy on muslim on brit crimes to ease racial tension so most will never know

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
merkava wrote:

We decide what's 'final' espicially if it's our own community and our own local elected MP's.Where we live we are the bosses and we own vast amounts of lands in sorrounding areas and huge mosques/madrasas.We have our own Islamic schools and soon there are plans for a new Islamic university.We will always get planning permission because the one who grants permission is one of us too.So what makes you bloody think BNP will decide what's final? We are the FINAL, OVER and OUT.And everything we do is legal.

I felt physically sick when I read this... scared and sick. Scared for my friends and family back "home".

It's so sad, so bloody sad, that the Brits can't see what's happening to them. I'm no racist by any stretch of the word, but that single paragraph above should send shivers down the spine of every British citizen who doesn't want Islam to dominate.

Been in NZ 5 years now - I got out early. My parents joined us last year - they couldn't wait to get out of their beloved country. Siblings remain (because it's tough to get into NZ). New Zealand is a zillion percent more British than Britain... I feel more at HOME here...

[edit on 6-5-2010 by MoorfNZ]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

reply to post by mr-lizard

Fair enough.... I can see some s*** going down before long.... Rivers of blood for sure man, this whole thing is just going to escalate to such a state that there is going to be a civil war, I can feel it... forget race-riots this is gonna be all out carnage.

can I say down with religion in general?

I can

Yep. Perhaps a few more people ought to watch the doco Rivers of Blood with a more critical eye instead of condemning it outright.... it's all becoming a bit too prophetical in my eyes.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrddin Wyllt

Why is it when he says thing like this, it's ok, yet when we, British, non-muslims say the same thing about our country, we are called Racists!
Double standards whichever way you look at it! Good on you Dr Khan... you tell 'em fella!

Firstly, Muslim is not a race. It would be erroneous to call you a racist. Secondly, this guy is addressing people who want a Muslim theocracy and telling them to get out. A few of you seem to want to throw out every Muslim there is, regardless of what they believe.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

It is good and refreshing to see these sites and I will certainly look into them when I get a chance.

Whilst I respect those that do speak out, for they must be under immense pressure not to do so from within their communities, I must say that when previously being supplied with similar links etc they were vocal in their opposition to the extremists but the numbers involved were quite small.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Spitting in the man's face was wrong, even if you disagree with him.

This makes asian people look bad (I am asian).

How embarassing to have this seen by the public.

Most of us are not animals. I just want you guys to know that.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

There are many my friend... many Muslims who see the same issues and problems as many people.

But as I said, Where are the Christian groups condemning the BNP and EDL and so on?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

There are many my friend... many Muslims who see the same issues and problems as many people.

But as I said, Where are the Christian groups condemning the BNP and EDL and so on?

when was the last time ether of these groups used terrorist tactics or tired to further Christianity the BNP want Christian values resorted not for you to go to church

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by Myrddin Wyllt

Firstly, Muslim is not a race. It would be erroneous to call you a racist. Secondly, this guy is addressing people who want a Muslim theocracy and telling them to get out. A few of you seem to want to throw out every Muslim there is, regardless of what they believe.

Firstly, In this country, Britain, they have passed laws which equate racial and religion "indifference" as the same... incredibly,........... I agree it would be erroneous to be called a racist for disagreeing with an ideology (any religion), but that's how it is, say anything against some religious order trying to take over my country, and they call me a racist.

Secondly, Dr Khan has the same views as I do, but no-one would dare call him the same names. Hypocrisy.

I don't want to throw out every muslim, just the ones who want to enforce Radical Islam into my country and think we non-muslims are the enemy!

If all the muslims thought like Dr Khan, there wouldn't be a problem would there?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aceofclubs
when was the last time ether of these groups used terrorist tactics or tired to further Christianity the BNP want Christian values resorted not for you to go to church

But you're still saying that all Muslims are somehow responsible?

Just because some Muslims use terrorist tactics or are alleged to have used terror tactics, 9/11 we'll never know and the OS is pure BS....

These few nutters over here banging on about Sharia law and and taking over the country so on... are the equivalent of the BNP and EDL.

Saying that because "some" Muslims use terrorist tactics in the world, that all Muslims everywhere are the same, is just stupid.

As I said, where are the Christian Groups speaking up against the BNP and so on?

And against the Bombing of Abortion clinics in the US and of all kinds of religious terrorism all over the world?

why is the responsibility of other people of faith to condemn the actions of a few extremists?

I never understand this argument.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Sorry, but you can't compare EDL and BNP with the perpetrators of numerous terrorist attacks resulting in the deaths of thousands of innocent people.

And as you well know there are plenty of 'white christians' who side with UAF etc whether as an individual or as a member of an organisation.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Well as I said, 9/11 OS is a joke and I would personally say that the roughly one hundred thousand to one million*Iraqi's (the figures are not conclusive) killed by the "Christian" nations of the US and UK somehow outweigh that.

And the war was illegal so all of the deaths are acts of terrorism, but that's another thread man.

I'm not trying to compare them in all honesty... I just never understand this point/argument that somehow every Muslim who is not a terrorist, which would be 99.9999% of them, somehow has to march down the street and go around making noise all the time, that they disagree with the extremist nutters who are Muslims.

I just don't get it?

It makes no sense to me, to say that "Moderate Muslims don't speak out enough" and all the rest of it...when there are plenty that do.

And when did it become about terrorist attacks?

The question is why don't other Muslims speak up against the type of comments that the guy in this thread made and against extremist Muslims in general.... when shown that in fact they do actually speak up about it and are committed too..... it moves on to "well the BNP don't blow people up"

My point was about the original statement... why don't other muslims speak up.... They do.

And I say why don't Christian groups speak up.... and it's.... oh well the BNP don't blow people up.... we weren't actually talking about that.

It just keeps changing..

All Muslims are not responsible for extremists that also happen to proclaim that they are Muslim.
That kind of logic is just crazy.

The figure of the amount killed is still being calculated/argues and estimates range from 100,000 to 1,000,000 people.

Medical journal The lancet said in 2006 that over 600,000 Iraqis had been killed as a result of the invasion as of July 2006... and there was obviously more after that.

The ORB (Opinion Research Business) estimates over 1.2 million deaths.

Iraq health Ministry estimates 87,217

And there are all manner of figures in between all of them.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForAiur
Spitting in the man's face was wrong, even if you disagree with him.

This makes asian people look bad (I am asian).

How embarassing to have this seen by the public.

Most of us are not animals. I just want you guys to know that.

Nobody is ever saying you are. I think the general populous is just a little wary of the scorpion sting that is RADICAL Islam.

All the British want is an easy time, as soon as we get hardcore militants or vile and idiotic wannabe-gangsters piping out how bad we are, or how we should adapt to our GUESTS cultures, then obviously we get wound up. We don't want to be converted to a religion or a culture that feels like it needs to hide its women, or considered unholy to drink or eat a little bit of bacon. If that's your culture then fine, as i said in another post - we have a great number of chinese people living in Liverpool, a huge number of Hindu's and Sikh's in manchester and Bradford, but we're not bothered - because not one of those groups of fine people have tried to ban us from displaying our flags or celebrating what he hold ideal - or mocking us for OUR attitude to life.

Jarvis Cocker said it best:

'We don't look for trouble, but if it comes we don't run!'

Let this be said - The British, nay the English are a very accepting and mostly passive race and culture, but piss us off and you'll regret it. Be nice to us, and we'll be you best friends.

Peace and love

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
HAHAHHA Boy am i happy today!! I am gona go throw a mini party with my mates tonight.

All you racists lose AGAiN.

Seats won by racist parties

UKIP-0

BNP-0 ( i was expecting 5 atleast with all the 1Mil voter hoo-haa LOL!)

English racists-0

Conservatives are alrite, but i don't like their pro-israel stance.

Nick Clegg please join labour, gona be the ultimate combo.

So people what has changed? Unfortunately Nothing! It's the same ol same ol story.

Any radical change in immigration in or out? Don't think so!

Freeborn, Mr-lizard, nice debating with you guys, have to admit you guys do put up a good fight!

Raider of truth, Yissacahr1, sorry about the BNP, maybe next time. Goodluck in future!

reply to post by ModernAcademia

These racists think they can play the hindu/sikh VS muslim card and create problems between us.They think we have forgotten how their East India company, invaded and devide/ruled us till 1947 and seperated us.We muslims, hindus and sikhs lived peacefully for centuries until they came.They don't know that there are way more muslims in India than in pakistan at the moment.If we were't devided we could have been the world power today as a combined force.But unfortunately our countries 70-80% budget is used on millitary bickerrings along LOC.But hopefully things will get better in future.

In UK our communities live along side each other peacefully, and the family values and cultures we brought along have stayed strong and will remain strong.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
Lots of young Asians have a chip on their shoulder like the blacks in the late seventies/early eighties. Lots of inner city poor whites are going for the BNP as they see the world change in front of their eyes and their traditional jobs get shopped out to Asia.

What a mess!

Well I doubt that you were black or asian in the 70s/80s. I am sure that you were deaf and blind in those days. So black people just decided to come over and find chips to put on their shoulder for no reason.

Listen The only time that the British establishment too racism seriously was the death of Stephen Lawrence.

Before that it was cool to attack black people in thought, word and deed.

Britain the the 70s and 80s arndbefore that were the basically social apartheid in terms of no go areas and institutional racism

try and get your facts right

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrddin Wyllt

"Excellent links, this is from one of the first link

"It is time that we Muslims acknowledge that the freedoms we enjoy in the US are more desirable to us than superficial solidarity with the Muslim World. If you disagree, then prove it by packing your bags and going to whichever Muslim country you identify with."
Dr. M. A. Muqtedar Khan

Double standards whichever way you look at it! Good on you Dr Khan... you tell 'em fella! "

Yes and what does Mrs Wyllt say to you at times. Doen's she berate you for your misdemeanours? The analogy between domestic conversations and the comment between American moslems should be obvious.

This was an internal conversation between two people who have a shared bon and respect the credibility existed and there was no chance of ulterior motive. So frankly your point is very weak. For many here it is pure racism and or xenophobia. Oh horror it is a foreign religion. It says horrid things..
They then ignore Xtianity and the horrois committed and biblical references to genocide and MR ANgry Smiting God.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
If we go back over the threads a lot of Ire is generated against Moslems. Not FUNDAMENTALIST MOSLEMS. Can't anyone see that this is a distinct lack of analysis. Without a keen sense of analysis how on earth can a sensible solution or agreement arise.

The problem is racism, Xenophobia and Fundamentalist religion. Do people feel that Islam is the only relgion that has odious elements? please read your bibles withthe same intellectual rigour as you post.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join