It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asian men and BNP candidate Bob Bailey clash in Barking

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Asian men and BNP candidate Bob Bailey clash in Barking

news.bbc.co.uk

A fight broke out between a British National Party parliamentary candidate and some Asian men as party members were out campaigning in east London.

The candidate for Romford, Bob Bailey, was filmed shouting out to men in Ripple Road when one of them swore and spat at him and Mr Bailey punched him.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I'm no fan of the BNP, but one of the Asian lads spits at the BNP candidate; spitting is a rather disgusting way of communicating with another human being and I think Mr. Bailey was well within his rights to give him a bit of a pasting.

Although when there have been quite a few BNP members and candidates previously outed as thugs in suits, then it really doesn't do much to alter the image of the party or their members that is so often reported.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
BNP is the caveman party

perhaps this would shed some more light on why this happened

BNP would offer non-white Britons £50,000 to leave UK, says Nick Griffin

The BNP would offer non-white British people £50,000 to leave "overcrowded" Britain and return to the land of their ancestors, the party's leader Nick Griffin said today.

Griffin said the voluntary programme would be open to around 180,000 people a year who "could go back and help develop their own countries". He said the scheme would be funded from the foreign aid budget and money the government is "wasting at the moment on ridiculous climate change adaptation policies".

"We're saying that we'd give resettlement grants ... this is voluntary ... we're looking probably at £50,000 per person," he told BBC Radio 4's Today programme.
www.guardian.co.uk...

This guy is a joke!
And in his defense I will say that UK is a completely different animal politically

Birghmingham, slough, london etc....
I've been to these places it's not as cosmopolitan as it used to be if you catch my drift...

But this guy should be hog-tied and thrown into the river.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Chicks fan !

while watching the video
the first thing i notice is him shouting to the asians calling them robbers and thugs.

also asian men? they looked like teens

[edit on 5-5-2010 by illusive man]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man
while watching the video
the first thing i notice is him shouting to the asians calling them robbers and thugs.

I'm not sure that was the start of the exchange between the two groups, though.
Even if he did verbally instigate the confrontation, that still does not justify one of them spitting at him.

I think they were probably about 16-18 years old, so I don't think ''men'' was accurate, either.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Conspiracy Chicks fan !]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
That video made me laugh, it looked funny, haha it just looked pathetic and unprofessional haha, definetly don't want them running this country. But seriously that fight looked funny, it's like classic comedy.

Anyway I HATE when people spit! I can see why it would cause such a reaction.
But he sure seemed ready to fight, looks like he's used to it?

And yeah don't aggravate teenagers of ANY race, not just asians, teenagers are always looking for a fight haha.

I just recieved a BNP leaflet in the post lately, all it talked about was how foreigners were taking our jobs etc. Is this the only issue they want to tackle? Because it seems like it's the only thing they focus on, which to me says a lot about their motives.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Yes, some BNP members have a history of violent offences, some of which are documented here:

www.spiritus-temporis.com...

The predecessors of the BNP were the National Front who were unapolegetically thuggish and in many cases linked to football hooliganism. Many BNP members were National Front members in the 1980s and are little more than thugs in suits.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Chicks fan !

no excuse to spit at some one and the guys were already on the way over. who filmed it? it looked like something was already said before the footage

john prescot hit a guy for throwing an egg, no charges. what would you do if someone spit in your face? i know what i`d do.

also there is some one from inside the bnp messing up the website the PTB are afrade of these thay are the only party thats not under control
so every effort is made to trip them up

[edit on 5/5/10 by Aceofclubs]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
“Get on your (SNIP)ing way” :slapfaceoffsink:

If Gordon brown or any other candidates of the big three had said this then you can be sure they would have been cut off at the knees, dragged through the hallways of the media all hogtied and ripe for the barbeque. The rack and the gibbet would have been warmed up for them and we all could have had a real day of fun and merriments but fantasies aside and let’s get real.

Bobo the dried out husk formally known as Gordon Brown called a woman a bigot once and was nearly hanged at dawn with a great clamour rising up, “HANG HIM.” Now imagine Brown the exhausted and pointless one telling the same woman to, “Get on your (snip)ing way – you bigoted woman.”

Such an event would still be front page news!

However it was the BNP and it seems to be acceptable that these people will say such ghastly things and then will actually stick the boot in without any great uproar in the press after the fact because perhaps this is the party of the racist after all and when the chips are down the BNP see colour and in seeing colour they deem it acceptable to swear on camera because their overly inflated egos forbid them from “taking it” from a non white?

That said, spitting is a disgusting and vile act fit only for the gutter mind and it is hardly surprising to me that the candidate responded in the way he did as I think we all might react similarly in a knee jerk outraged way but in the same token he actually inflamed the situation a couple of seconds before by dropping the F-bomb so in my view they are all to blame for the loss of control and lack of maturity.

I have been spat on and I did not like it and yes I did want to let out a great cry of “HULK SMASH” but sometimes you have to remain in control of yourself.

Of course you should not spit on your fellow human because this is an act of violation and thus an act of war but in the same token you should, as a potential political candidate for high office refrain from using the F-bomb. Dropping the F-bomb is just not disciplined or dignified and one thing I would like a politician to be one day is dignified and disciplined (and honest too now I mention it but that might be too much to hope for)

Imagine tomorrow if Gordon brown wins (please no) turns to Jeremy Paxman and says, “Thank (SNIP) for that.”

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
To against the grain- I think the asian lad deserved the slap.

Not defending the BNP here, i was equally amused when John Prescott chinned the bugger who egged him a few years ago.

Funny scuffle though.

I'm on the fence on this one, he was provoked by the hoodies.

+2 more 
posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Every British person should support the BNP.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by twisted_fate
Every British person should support the BNP.

Mind clarifying why exactly?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
seemed like both groups played their part in what happened, and I have a feeling that wasn't the start of it, and of course the bbc love to add their slant to it so wouldn't surprise me if they cut the beginning to make it look like the BNP started it. IMO spitting is the worst thing you can do to provoke someone, a disgusting thing to do. If someone spat at me my initial reactions would be to lash out.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by SpaceMonkeys]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

I think the press hold the mainstream parties to a higher standard, and that is why it makes the news when one of them says something out of line. Most of us know that the BNP is made up largely of unreconstructed, divisive racists and the fact that one of their candidates uses a profanity is seen as par for the course amongst people associated with their party.
That is the reason that I think the press have a different attitude towards transgressions by mainstream parties and the BNP.

I agree the BNP man was not without blame, and there was certainly nothing wrong with the teens verbally remonstrating with him and giving him some lip back. It was when one of them spat at him where they crossed the line, and as you say most people would react in a knee-jerk manner to that, and I don't blame Mr. Bailey's response, regardless of his political leanings or his previous unprofessional conduct.

It would also be interesting to see the film from when this confrontation started, as I feel there may have been something going on before the camera was switched on.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The BNP guy says:

'How many is there of us?'

Then the asians keep walking towards them saying 'what? what?'

Off camera BNP guy: 'Do you want the Old Bill to come here or what?'

The the asians surround the representative, in which he tries to move one of them out of his body space.

The other asian lad: 'Don't touch my mate'

This where the shoving starts and for a few seconds it looks like it's over, watching the body language.

Then some more dialogue, a bit of swearing on both sides and then the smalles of the asian lads spits in the guys face.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I'm disappointed.

The Asians walk up acting all tough, Bob Bailey throws down and the three don't even put up a fight?

Plus I was expecting Karate. Just a little Karate even.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

thay would bring our armed forces home for one thay would not sell out to eu anymore than we already have and stop wasteing money on the non-sense that labor has been spending our cash on. i might even be able to get a house thats not falling to bits while seeing all the decent places go to asylum seekers thay even get a land line(payed bills) tv and furnished. how do i know? some take every chance to brag and laugh about it. i am sick of it my family has lived in this town for 5 generations i know of. why can`t i get a counsel house?

reply to post by js331975

lol thay are from the middle east thay are not east asians and the bnp fights crap for a supposed thug

[edit on 5/5/10 by Aceofclubs]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Chicks fan !

Originally posted by illusive man
while watching the video

I'm not sure that was the start of the exchange between the two groups, though.
Even if he did verbally instigate the confrontation, that still does not justify one of them spitting at him.

If he asked them "how many of you'se are robbers?" then that is a question that warrants him getting a nice glob of spit in the face. Eye for an eye. An insult is an insult. You racially degrade someone by asking them condescending questions then you deserve whatever it is that is in store for you. That's my opinion anyway.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The BNP dudes are the last people who should be allowed to complain about anything...bunch of racist bigots.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

If he asked them "how many of you'se are robbers?" then that is a question that warrants him getting a nice glob of spit in the face. Eye for an eye. An insult is an insult. You racially degrade someone by asking them condescending questions then you deserve whatever it is that is in store for you. That's my opinion anyway.

He DIDN'T.

Read my post above for the transcript.

"How many is there of us"

[edit on 5-5-2010 by mr-lizard]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join